Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-25-2015, 09:53 PM   #331  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey all - I was totally off the grid for a camping trip (first time camping ever and I helped plan (was the head of planning actually) for an 80 person group! Eek! Mostly good - just that my husband drowned about $1000 worth of cameras and phones in the Potomac!

Eating was good Saturday and Monday, and a bit off on Sunday, but considering I didn't have a lot of control over my food, I'll take that as a win.

Just did a tick check and took a shower - back to work in the am!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:08 PM   #332  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

bigdog HI and welcome to the check-in.

The trip was great. I'm glad we didn't go any farther away. A 1 1/2 hour drive to get back home was nice. We both really enjoyed the hot stone massage we got while on the trip. I just finished getting everything put away from the trip. Now it's time to get ready for bed.

Tomorrow I will be back on my plan. I might not weigh in for a few days. We'll see how it goes. I am back to working on my goal.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:36 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Yesterday was good. Got a bit of exercise in and stayed within my range! Today is a new day but since I work this should be easy!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:43 AM   #334  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Nothing for last night
This Morning: Oxycise Level 1 workout

First day back to work - reality bites!

Have a great day!
Old 05-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'3"

May 26 - 240.8

A little bump over over the long weekend, but I was back to my low this morning! I'd like to drop one more pound the last few days of May to reach my goal of 5 pounds this month.

On Monday morning, I took a nice, long 3.5 mile walk. We have had soooo much rain and flooding, it was nice to have a little sun peeking out. Of course, yesterday afternoon was more heavy storms and lightning. Our area has the 4th highest rainfall for the month of May so far, and we still have more forecast this week.

Instead of burgers and dogs (hard to grill in a downpour!) our best friends had us over for a crab boil for Memorial Day. Crab legs, shrimp, sausage. I made my sugar free coleslaw to go with it. Yummy and still low carb/calorie and delicious.
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #336  
Do More than Survive

S/C/G: 285-Heaviest/199/175

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! I hope everyone had an amazing holiday weekend. Hard to believe there are only 5 days left in May. I'm nowhere near where I wanted to be at this point . . . but I'm going to finish out the month strong and focused!
MadeToThrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #337  

Hi all . Happy Tuesday.. Posting with the iPad. So I will do personals later. Been horrible with all attempts to curb eating popchips. Weight has been steadily increasing daily as a result. Today is a new day. I am trying again.

I found a MP3 download for appetite control. It was originally a holiday healing thing he offered. I bought the MP3 replay for 20.00. I relate to this guy as a healer. So hoping that if I work with the recording each day, it will have a beneficial effect on these cravings. Something has to help. This steady gain from eating the popchips each day is not okay.

More later when I am on the pc. I hope everyone is having an awesome Tuesday

Last edited by flower123; 05-26-2015 at 11:01 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

HI Everyone!

Another perfect day yesterday. Tomorrow is weigh in day for me and I'm looking forward to it. I've now had 8 perfect days in a row and feel in the groove. Yesterday I had so much energy when my Dvd ended I just kept going, repeating for another 5 or so minutes.

Larry: That really sounds like fun. What is the child in us that just loves getting wet & messy? I once had my dog come tearing across to where I was trying to make raised beds in a low dirt area and knock me off my feet into a huge mud puddle. WE played in the mud and I laughed my butt off! Way more fun than a pizza

Cool Mom: How fun! and a great way to bond with your sons. Mine still talk about our outdoor adventures when they were growing up and one still takes me out in nature-esp. to the river-all the time. You could be setting up a lifetime of joy for yourself-let alone getting thinner.

Welcome Big Dog

Flower: Who is the guy on the App? Sound good

Nichol: It really will help once you have your own scale & you have about 6 weeks to another holiday-so make a new commitment to just that 6 weeks. The past is gone-you only have today-make it a good one.

Berry: What an adventure!I use to love taking my sons camping when I was young (64 now). I said something to DH about trying camping again when we move to Washington Sate in a couple of years and he thinks we are too old now- Maybe I'll just have to find someone else who want to go

UH-OH! Company's early-Gotta run- see Y'all tomorrow.
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:11 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Howdy, everyone! *Waves*

Got roped into two different challenges this week... a 7 day clean eating/living challenge (64oz water a day, 7-8 hrs sleep per night, move 30 mins per day, no soda/alcohol/juice, no sugar/white bread/cookies/chips/crackers/cakes etc, no fast food and no processed meat.) The gal running it is a beachbody coach, she's offering points etc. I figure... a week without crap is just what I need!

The second challenge ties right in... the work week hustle stepcount total challenge on fitbit which a friend who's got a new one invited me for (I'm almost tied for lead, he's like, dead last... it'd be funny except he's retired special forces and I know he could beat me into the ground any day fitness wise...)

So far so good! Got my garden planted yesterday finally... looks WONDERFUL. So excited for my veggies!

Anyway, I ought to get to work on some computer stuff... just thought I'd say howdy and let folks know I'm still lurking, still doing... just not posting all the time. Hope all have a great week!
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:41 PM   #340  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

I am back. I hope everyone has been doing well.

I am 173.6lbs today. Boston was a lot of fun and a lot of running.

And Memorial Day weekend was a blast. I did lots of running, lots of beer drinking and lots of eating. In fact, I discovered a shrimp boil which has got to be the healthiest way to eat on the planet. I ate a ton and did not gain an ounce that day.

I leave for Cape Town on Friday so this will be another brief week for me.

For breakfast, I had smoked mackerel, sardines and pink clams.

For lunch I had salad with smoked oysters.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes weight training before work and ran 4 miles on the treadmill before lunch.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:17 PM   #341  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all!
I'm back, too! Had fun, Monday did all the unpacking, putting away camping gear, had a little cookout, hot dogs and toasted marshmallows
175.6 this morning, not too bad considering, TTOM, festival food, yum yum yum, and dang kettle corn...

Diana glad DH's check up went well and your trip was nice. Hot stone massage sounds divine.

Cool mom hope your DH gets some relief from the hand tingling/pain.

Back OP today, hoping to get back into the 160s next month,,hope everyone has a great day, best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #342  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back to all who have been traveling.

This will be a quick one for me. I feel like I am recovering from a wild hangover. I think the trip is starting to catch up with me. I didn't even have a single drink, My eating on the trip started out pretty good. My goal was to eat only my meals and share a dessert but not indulge in anything extra. That plan worked until yesterday. I had some cookies that I didn't need. Today I could feel my feet swelling throughout the day and then my shoes felt too tight. It's all catching up with me today.

I have tweaked my calories a bit. I started doing this about 2 weeks ago. I will adjust everything at the first of the month. I was using a 1/8 measure for the feta cheese. Now I am weighing and using 14 g. The 1/8 cup measure wasn't accurate for the calories. I was going by the package, but it's not accurate. Also, I am cutting the bread/muffin serving size. I started weighing them and it seems they weigh more than the package says. None of these discrepancies was my fault. I was going by the package.

Ian Welcome back! We do shrimp boils, frogmore stews, etc here. They are really good. I'm glad you enjoyed the shrimp boil.

Kelijpa Welcome back!

Total Approx 1635 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (850 calories)
crab dip & crackers 250 calories <--not planned, DH's fault
salad: romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, boiled egg, BHF's ranch 600 calories

Exercise:
I didn't have time for a longer workout since I was trying to catch up
LS 1 Mile Jog

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 05-27-2015, 12:21 AM   #343  

Hi
well, I started replying to messages only to find out much later that I had already responded to many of them. But I felt that my words should not be wasted. And so there are double replies A bit verbose. Okay, very verbose. But heartfelt

Diana, can you tell me more about Bellaruth? Maybe I could give it a try. I am trying to break my grip hold on popchips Glad you had a good trip. The hot stone massage does sound good. Again, so glad DH did well with the procedure. Oh it must have been so glorious at the beach, I hope. good detective work re the weights and measures. eg the muffins.

Berryblonde, Sorry about the SAD. I was wondering, ( and if you dont want to answer I will totally understand) do you take lots of vitamin D? And do you have full spectrum lightbulbs in your home? I have SAD also. That's why I asked. Oh I just read your most recent post. 80 people camping trip? And you were head of the planning committee? Thats pretty impressive.

Mass Welcome. Glad you are here. 15 lbs already. Thats awesome. I am not sure I have any advice to give. Other than it seems like you are doing great. I tend to do low carb and low calorie ( when I get the incentive to actually stick to the diet.) I have lost about a hundred lbs. I will not even discuss exercise. My subconscious thinks its exorcize and refuses to partake

Rachel CONTRATULATIONS on the new low. Way to go !!! A crab boil sounds SO good.

Coolmom I hope the tingling has resolved for DH. Hope he is feeling much better now.
I totally hear ya re the digital scale. That happens to me all the time. Sometimes they get rude and belligerent. When I wake up in the morning and get on the scale, it says the weight. Then I get off. I let it reset and get on it again in the buff. Clearly at least a half lb less. Often the weight of the night clothes is a lb or more. BUT the scale says exactly the same weight. Then I say a few choice words to it and leave it to think about what it just did. Your hike sounds great. Good incentive at the end. Lunch ! Then you hike back home after lunch?

FairyGaia Herb Garden in the park? Oh that DOES sound wonderful. I DO so hope you will find the way to get that membership to the club that has a pool. All water babies need pools. No matter what age they are. BTW, we are the same age. You mentioned your age. Yep. Same as I am. You wanted to know the name of the guy who's appetite control MP3 I downloaded. His name is Mas Sajady. He is a healer guy. I think he is very good. If you want, I can pm you with a few links for his work.

Larry you are a weight loss machine !! Congratulations on the most recent 2 lbs lost. You sure are dedicated to losing that weight. ykes re: the bike ride in the rain. What a story.

Mossy, I am sorry to read that the weight loss still is eluding you. Perhaps your body just wants to be the weight it is?? Maybe this is a healthy weight for you??? IDK. But I thought I would mention that possibility.

Novangel, way to go re: the 5K. and then the elipical. You sure are physically active. I could use some of your motivation to exercise.

syckgirl 30 mile ride??? 1700 calories burned? I bow to you

Bigdog, hi and welcome. Sounds like you are on a great plan. Love the description of your work out partners. Your fur babies. What could be better than that?

Nichols, sounds like you did great with the swimming hopefully taking care of those extra calaories. I recently got a new scale. I hope you like yours. Sometimes I banish mine to the corner. But that's clearly another story

Made To Thrive. to finish strong and focused is good. Even if there were slips along the way.

Edawn, I loved reading about your challenges. What great challenges they were.

Ian, so glad you had a good time in Boston. I did not even know clams came in colors. Pink sounds very nice. Wow oh wow, cape town? That should be quite a trip. Have you been there before?

Kelijpa, so glad to hear that you had fun during the weekend festival. Good food. Camping etc. Sounds so great.

And I gave in again today. The popchips. Scale going up instead of down. I just gotta figure out how to stop it. I think I have a way. I am going to replace the popchips with cut veggies and the low cal salad dressing people here talked about. I got a bottle of the chunky blue cheese. I do not normally buy things in plastic bottles. But this is an emergency I will have an additional protein meal with the cut veggies. See if that can lure me from the the chip addiction.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday,. Finally it feels like warm weather is here. What a relief. Garden is nice. The Columbine and forget-me-nots are out. Open window a huge blessing.

Last edited by flower123; 05-27-2015 at 12:56 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:21 AM   #344  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Hello, everyone!
I survived the holiday weekend and the out of town guests, boating, beaching, 🌞, drinking - yikes!, eating out!!
Did great food wise- ordered fish and veggies or salad when we went out and since we were on the go a lot- had protein shakes w strawberries in the am- sushi on the boat one day and cheese, olives and whole grain Rosemary and olive oil triscuits the next. Did have some Michelob Ultras (2.5 carbs each) but hopefully worked those off walking the beach and does floating count as an activity ? My BIL's girlfriend is a size 0 and rocking a tiny bikini so that kept me from overindulging because I felt like a giant whale beside her! Thank goodness we ran into my friends who are a normal weight . I even jumped on the exercise bike for an hour Monday and took one of my dogs to the beach today to motivate myself to get back on track and get some extra steps in. Back to work tomorrow where I do much better keeping on plan. Weekends are the hardest for me. I did check out a weight training video out of the library today - goal is one hour exercise a day. Lost 1.5 lbs last week so hoping for a loss this week. Weigh in is Friday!
Hope everyone has a great week!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:32 AM   #345  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post
Welcome, bigdog! Does that mean you also have not-so-best workout partners of the nonfurry variety? My kids have been very resistant to joining me for outdoor activities but I keep trying and I think a couple might be starting to see the fun in it.
My GSDs are always ready for a long walk . In the past if I was walking w friends- too much planning was involved and sometimes my DH walks w us but he says I walk too fast and too far! Whine whine whine. Haha
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote