Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2015, 04:59 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 160/155/120

Height: 5'2"

I know the feeling vermont mom. my scale jumped back up too! as you said - this is where I'd think - I'll eat a whole bar of chocolate (1600 cal) in one sitting. But i thought of you guys, and in the end the craving went away. I did feed it with soup and a slice of bread (so it wasn't calorie free). but it was a better choice for me. So even though it doesn't feel like progress, i'm proud of myself.

And that's what i wanted to say to MauiKai - hang in there. I know what it feels like to be almost there but not quite. Even though it seems like you've been waiting forever - you'll get there.
maddierep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:47 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 175/see me old ticker ... /145

Height: 5'8"

Default May I be "average," too?

Hi!

So glad I prowled around to find you folks! If you don't mind me crashing your party, may I join?

A little about me:

I'm trying to lose my baby weight from two years ago. My partner just had our third baby and my weight is impossible. I'm a terrible over-eater and have an addictive personality. I'm trying so hard to live better and everything feels wrong, eating too much, too much wine, too many "sneaky treats." We are trying to eat paleo, which is great, but I end up feeling like all the effort is so tiring, no fun, and I weigh the same. So then I eat a bunch of potstickers and think, "At least that was easy and fun and I feel happy!"

Then, I feel fat. Argh!

I don't even want to say the p.c. thing and say I want to be fit; I just want to be skinny.

Thanks for letting me play, if you will have me.
Katiepony01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:17 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Had a bit of a weekend setback (up to 150 again) but not as bad as normal. Sounds like it was a rough weekend for a lot of us.

Hopefully we can all get back on track! I am doing the 2% challenge, and really want to meet my 3 lb goal by early to mid next week (2.8 lbs to go).

Welcome katiepony01! Of course you can join. I will admit that I also want to be skinny Fit too, but come on -- I want to be able to wear skinny jeans without my thighs going numb!
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:15 PM   #64  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Katiepony and

I did my workout and i *think* I stayed within calories today.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #65  

hi Katiepony - and congrats on the new baby!

hope everyone had a good week (work was really busy - haven't done any exercise after being really good on the weekend). But on the plus side - didn't let work stress derail me.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:57 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 185/175/150

Height: 5'8

Hey guys!
I'm new to the site! I really wanted to join a community of people who had similar goals. I current goal is to lose 25 pounds! I just really want to reach my goal and stay at it. I am excited to add to this thread
itsmytimenow150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:17 PM   #67  
Biker Chick!

itsmytimenow! sure jump right in what is your WOE (Way of Eating) plan?

I should have done treadmill today along with my 42 minutes of bodyweight cardio, but didn't. But kept within calories

If I stay on track, I hope to see SOME difference this Sunday when I weigh in !! good luck and to us all!!
Old 04-24-2015, 12:51 PM   #68  

I've been sticking to my calorie plan so am 150.6

woo hoo! My goal is to be at 148 by the end of the month. If i manage to stay on track - it'll be a 5 pound loss.

good luck everyone with the weekend! (i love the idea of will power dust)
Old 04-28-2015, 03:54 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi! I had joined this thread a few weeks ago, but fell off the horse a little bit. I have had a couple of weeks filled with medical exams and doctor's appointments...and I've been in pain everyday and now I have a tentative diagnosis of endometriosis...so that's not so fun. It's been stressful with a lot of questions and not many answers...BUT, I decided I want to stop feeling sorry for myself and take control of what I can...which is my body and health otherwise! I currently weight 153.4 pounds, with an ultimate goal of 110-115, depending on how I feel. As of today, I have started my diet/exercise regime again, and want to see how much weight I can healthily lose in three months!

It's nice to meet you all!
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:04 AM   #70  
Biker Chick!

Hi kahaney I'm sorry to hear you are in pain and of the diagnosis..but what a kewl attitude you have, that you can control at least, what goes in your body and that you can work out. best wishes!

Well I am totally BUMMED that after two full weeks of eating LESS calories, eating BETTER calories, and bumping up my exercise, that I'm only down 2 pounds yeah, it's better than gaining..or nothing...but when I think of what I had been eating regularly for MONTHS, and now when I am really making an effort, it feels like I haven't accomplished anything. My jeans feel exactly the same, I just put on a pair that I haven't worn in over 2 weeks.

I think I probably should put the scales out in the garage or something, they upset me too much.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:44 AM   #71  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Kinda wasted another 2 weeks here. Why can't I stop over eating?? Why can't I have some will power?? -- I have been back OP since Sunday (lol), and each night is so darn hard. I want to sit on front of telly and have some wine and treats....So the past two nights have taken all of my will power not to snack. Perhaps once I get the cravings out of my system this will get easier; as long as I don't yield to the temptations. Once I start eating, I can't stop.

One would think that seeing that lower number on scale would be motivation enough.

I did, though, have an eye opening moment on Saturday night. We had been walking around Boston all day, and DH took some pictures. One is me walking on a city street, and he took the picture of my backside...OMG the fat rolls I have on my back. I was so disgusted. I had not realized how bad I looked. I carry most of my weight on the upper part of my body; stomach and back (I even had back fat when I was 112 pounds...).

I guess, I need to stop making goals; just take a day at a time, actually each moment.

I am back to doing my 5 mile daily walks; this week I will add the gym back into the rotation as well.

We can do this ladies!! I keep telling myself, 20 pounds is NOT that much weight to lose; I really can do it, if I just stay focused.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:28 PM   #72  

Hi! Thank you! I figure that if I don't get my body on track to where I want it, then that's ANOTHER thing that will be stressful...whereas if I can focus on being healthy and exercising, then I only have to worry about the medical stuff! Like I said, I had gone on a bit of a break from dieting, and yesterday I started again, and I must have needed to lose some water weight because in one day I went from 153.4 to 150.8! I am liking that! I know it'll slow down once the water weight is gone, but it's still nice!

Sum38, I find it hardest to control cravings if I even have a tiny taste of what it is I crave. I find the first week of craving is the hardest, but then they tend to go away. If I have even a bite of pastry, or sugar, or chocolate, or a sip of wine it's 1000% harder for me to stick to my plan! Not everyone struggles that way, but I definitely identify with what you're saying! Don't be discouraged! We're here for you, and you're doing great!
Old 04-30-2015, 08:11 AM   #73  
Fat to Fab and Fit

You are so right kahaney; actually cravings are starting to go away, as is hunger. Body is getting used to receiving a normal amount of calories vs. the zillion I was eating before.

Therefore, I have made excellent progress... I know the first week, all that bloat and junk leaves, and the losses are glorious, but it will settle off in a few days here.

So far I have stayed OP since Sunday. Hope I can continue this streak

I am so close being below 150 pounds, and it makes me feel happy.

150.4 this morning. Every time I go above 150 it hits me hard, so seeing that 149 will give me a huge boost.

I hope everyone will have a fab and OP day!
Old 05-01-2015, 12:03 AM   #74  

Good for you!!!

I went to a UFC gym and took boxing class today...it was the hardest workout of my life thus far! It's INTENSE cardio mixed with epic strengthening things, and muscle endurance with the punching/jabbing/hooking, etc! SO GOOD! I got an endorphin high, but anticipate not being able to lift my arms or bend my legs tomorrow, hahah! I'd like to go regularly...I can only assume the fat would MELT off a person if they went 3-5 times a week!
Old 05-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #75  
Fat to Fab and Fit

How is everybody doing?

I had a great week! I feel less bloated and even thinner. Eating has been spot on each and every day, and I have walked 5.5 miles daily.

Tonight we have a party to go to, we'll see how my willpower holds. I hope to snack a little and have a few glasses of wine. -- Fingers crossed that I won't go overboard!

Happy May Day to all! Since I am from Finland; may Day is a huge deal over there, lots of partying!