Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Default So how did you fare at Xmas?

For those of you who observe Christmas in any manner, how did you do yesterday? I'll admit I overate, but not indiscriminately: I only had the stuff I love. I passed on the turkey and ham, but had two helpings of chicken curry (a specialty of our hostess). I also had some of my husband's apple turnip casserole, my own spinach salad, a small slice of cheesecake and two helpings of our hostess's trifle (another one of her specialties, and SO GOOD). I felt pretty good about my choices. How about you guys?

F.

Last edited by freelancemomma; 12-26-2014 at 09:03 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Great job, freelancemomma! Sounds like you enjoyed yourself without any of the guilt or the need for sweatpants afterwards. LOL!

I feel like I did the same thing. Yes, I overate compared to a normal day for me, but no it wasn't indiscriminately.

I set my goal to be at maintenance calories net for the day and to have everything I look forward to during the holidays. Part of making that happen was getting in a 3 mi run and a 1.5 mi walk while the bird was baking. I also skipped lunch as we usually have a big breakfast ( calorie-wise anyway ) of goat, cream, and cheddar cheese, bacon and jalepeno crescent rolls with coffee.

Since I'm the one doing the cooking, I had the ability to weigh and measure everything. I didn't skimp on the butter, cream, or in any way skinny down my recipes, I just portioned out what I had. I had 4 oz of duck breast with the skin ( yummy! ), 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, 1/4 cup gravy, 3/4 cup green bean casserole. For dessert, 1/8 of an Dutch Apple pie with a 1/4 cup whipped cream.

Didn't feel one bit deprived or one bit guilty. On top of all that, I got on the scale the next morning, fully expecting some water weight gain, I actually lost a 1/2 pound from the day before. So an all around win.

Regardless of how your eating went, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:23 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I did what I've done the last few years.

It seems we always pack it all in, in about 3 days.

So, it's only 3 days.

I pick and choose, the things I really want, I don't eat some other things.

I stuck to plan this year. Which included, ham, (the turkey was not done), mashed taters, gravy, variety of relish/appetizer, half slice of pumpkin, and half slice of apple pie. And I did do the roll and butter this year. The rolls were home made! If they would have been the heat and eat, I would have skipped it.

I did over do it for what is normal for me. But, given my situation, I give my self a bit of lee way, since, I only have one day to deal with.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:19 AM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I had pancakes with real maple syrup (wow! I forget how amazing that stuff is!) and strawberries on Christmas morning. It was delicious. A single, generous serving, no problem with the sugar hit later. That was my one fancy schmancy holiday meal.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 12-27-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

It was spectacular! I had half a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast (since nothing was cooked yet) and for lunch the ham was fresh out of the oven and I had a couple of slices of that - it's my holiday tradition to steal some ham straight out of the oven lol. I snuck a banana in there too before dinner time.

Dinner was great I helped myself to a little bit of everything, a slice of turkey, a slice of ham, a couple of roasted potatoes, lots of sauteed rapini, a spoonful of stuffing, a tsp of cranberry sauce and a bowl of salad. It was a bit much but I didn't clear my plate. I was not at all stuffed. A slice of cheesecake for desert and the day was over. I weighed myself the day after which is a difficult yearly habit to break. I had lost a pound, not that it matters because the past 2 months I've been fluctuating around 3 pounds.

It's the left overs that get me though, too many cookies laying around. I've given most of them away but saving a few to savor over the next few days hehe.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

I paced myself both Christmas Eve and Christmas day at dinner.No dessert or bread and moderate servings of turkey,dressing,vegetable.Limited the wine to 3 glasses each day.The strategy worked because I had no weight gain and a great time at Christmas.I have a lot of leftovers which I am freezing and then will use for soups and quick meals for quite a while.New Years is coming but I will use the same plan.Hubby has reserved a tasting dinner at a restaurant and those are usually small portions.I can give my dessert to him.Looks like most of us have no regrets and are continuing down the maintenance trail.
apo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Over the last several years, I've actually done better during the holidays than any other time of year.

I think that's because, even though my holiday meals might be a bit larger than average, I'm much more careful with snacking.

My biggest overindulgence was my husband's decadent scalloped potatoes. The amount of butter and heavy cream in the recipe was ludicrous.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

My husband works on xmas so I was OP all day. I worked out for 45 minutes, ate zucchinI noodles with Alfredo meat sauce for dinner, and budgeted in some peppermint icecream for dessert. Yum!

Xmas eve my husband and I did noche buena. I made pork, black beans, rice, and tostones. It was delicious! I was still able to stay under my calorie goal. So, overall successful xmas, but I did miss seeing my husband's family for our traditional xmas.

Sounds like everybody did very well eating things we want but still being aware not to eat everything! That's still hard for me sometimes, the peppermint icecream in the house was definitely a challenge!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/199/125

Height: 5'1"

From Yule (21st) to Christmas (25th) there was a total of four feasts to attend, and I think I did pretty well following the same strategy at all of them. The diet went on a shelf for that period, and I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted with two rules; 1st, when full, stop eating. 2nd, the first plate is mostly vegetable with a bite or two of good stuff. I can go back for more of the good stuff after the plate's clean so long as it doesn't violate the 1st rule.

It worked well for me, and there was even desserts to be had (I did have the desserts much later than the meal. A couple family members thought that was a fantastic idea and joined me in having it a couple hours later over coffee)
vchan000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #10  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I dont know how I did yesterday, I'll know in a few days though, and I'll post on here again then.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 04:32 PM   #11  
Warrior Princess

I worked Xmas eve and we all brought in food. I got honey crisp apples with sweet and salty caramel dip. After 2 apples down I realized that a mere 2tbs of that unfreakingreal dip was 140 cals. Uh....I probably had about 20 tbs of it. Whoops. Other than that I did fine.

Seriously, that dip was almost worth any damage I may have caused. OMG.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: H~285... 260/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

I enjoyed our meal and didn't give calories a second thought. We didn't eat badly tho and didn't have dessert.

It's the end of December and I have relaxed my routine but still maintained the whole month, fluctuating only slightly between 169-171. Come 1-2-15, it is time to buckle down again and work on losing another 10-15 lbs.
Beka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 181.4/191.6/145

Height: 5'6.5

I went off plan on xmas and boxing day and a bit today (some cheese, french onion soup and a big t to drink) but I am okay with it. Xmas was pretty moderate. Dinner on Boxing Day I did okay it was the appetizers that I had problems with - too much cheese, cheese dip and spring rolls - but its onky I day so I am back at it this afternoon.
CanoeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 04:08 AM   #14  
Nutritionally Obsessed

S/C/G: 130/118/under 120

Height: 5'5"

Lost weight since I weigh myself every day, eat 1300 give or take (1100-1500) and usualy net 800-1100 because I run and lift weights daily. I use the Loseit app to record calories. I eat high volume lower calorie foods and eat every few hours so hunger is not an issue.
JenFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #15  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

I seem to be one of the few that crashed and burned over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The 23rd I hit my lowest so far at 255 lbs. By the 26th I was 7 lbs heavier. I know it is mostly water weight from ham, but today was the first day the scale started to go back down and my hopes of getting back my 10 lb loss for the month are dwindling as the end of the month nears. At least I can say I had a wonderful time with my family and the food was delicious!

Last edited by Jesslan Rose; 01-02-2015 at 01:52 AM.
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote