Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #1  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

Default "Restarting" woes...

It's been a long time since I have been on this forum and my weight definitely shows that. The last time I was on here I was about 180- and at my height and structure, 180 looks pretty good on me. Now, I think I am somewhere in the low 200's although I'm not 100% sure-I am going by jean sizes and how that has previously corresponded with my weight (now a 12, was an 8 at my lowest).

I'm so frustrated! I have been locked in this binge-diet struggle for far too long. At my lowest I was able to get to about 168 and I felt amazing. After dealing with tons of family issues and stress, my body and mind have just tired out. I know that probably so many of you can feel me on this, which is why I am reaching out. Weight loss is not always linear and I know that, but I can't help but feel frustrated that for about a year now I have been stuck in this cycle.

Here is to a fresh start, and I hope that anyone else struggling like this feels the strength to continue and not give up! *hugs*
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome back! Kudos for continuing to work on the issues, there are lots of us who know exactly what it is like to struggle for years (and years and years) -- eating and food are so fundamental to our every day lives, so when we have food issues they seem ever-present (and every-ready to strike)! Plus, many maintainers have periods of struggle and periods of relative ease.

It is rarely "easy" for anyone.

I think this board offers a great array of support and approaches, I find something useful just about every day, even if it is just commiseration and hugs (hugs are always good!)! So hugs back to you!

Also, I love your Dude avatar!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:58 PM   #3  
awesomeness.

S/C/G: 350-ish/ticker/199

Height: 5'5"

I seriously could've written this word for word. I'm miserable that I've gained nearly 30lbs back of the 150lbs I've lost. However, like you, I'm seeking solace where I found a lot of strength from a year ago. A year ago almost to the date, I was at my lowest weight of 201. I had Onederland in my sights and I gave up. Gosh, this makes me sad to think about.
wishfuiiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hang in there, fellow restarters!

I'm one of you. Lost and regained all of it plus 10 lbs extra more times than I can count. Now that I've lost nearly 60 of the 80 I regained, I'm getting over it. You'll get back into your groove and the wanting to kick yourself will start to fade.

After all, beating yourself up doesn't burn any calories. Just put it behind you.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #5  

well. i am on a strict diet, i dnt call it anything all i do is just have fresh fruits and veggies and really try to eat less at night
marialee8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #6  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I've started over once before, The first time was Aug. of 2013 to Nov. of 2013 and this time around I started Jan. 16th 2014 and I'm still at it, Jan 16th of 2015(here in a couple of months) will be my first year on my weight loss journey
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:44 AM   #7  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

I know exactly how you feel. Stress and emotional eating is my forte too. Like other types of eating it's very hard to overcome and I doubt many people ever do overcome them completely. This forum and the amazing and inspirational people in it are my anchor of support in my toughest times. I am so blessed to have found it!

I'm so glad you're back here and are finding your strength to continue.
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote