Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-23-2014, 06:29 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 70/61/58

I hope everyone's had a great weekend!

Weighed myself on Saturday and haven't lost anything, sigh. Not surprising seeing as the past 2 weeks I've been struggling and barely on plan.

As for today:
1140 calories
No formal exercise, but walked a fair way to and from the bus stop.

This week, my goal is to step things up leading into Christmas! This means staying under 1200 calories a day and taking the time to exercise each day. Wish me luck!
Finch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:34 AM   #332  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Unwinding Muscle Tension from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

I thought I would bounce up a little because of the significant loss yesterday. I only bounced up .2. That could actually be from the volume of fish I had last night.

Calories for yesterday: 1475 +
Weigh In: 166.2
Up: .2

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 157/157/120

Height: 5'0"

DH and I went out for our anniversary last night (6 years!) and I consumed approximately 1 million calories in crab dip and crab stuffed flounder. Yum! I guess the good part is that we were too stuffed for dessert?

He leaves tomorrow morning to start driving across the country since the Navy is moving us to San Diego. I really need to get a handle on the stress eating. Luckily the Navy pays for movers to pack up our house, but I do need to get it organized. We're renting it out for the first time and I feel like there are a thousand little things to do for the movers. Plus we're in my really bad time of year eating-wise. Of course these are all just excuses!
emurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #334  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning everyone!

Diana as far as Thanksgiving goes, we decided not to travel very far this year...don't feel like it! We usually go to Huntington Beach to my Mom's or cousins, but it's 50 miles one way and we just don't feel like driving all the way out there. We are instead having dinner with our Pastor and some of our congregation He and his lovely wife do a big dinner every year and anyone that wants to come from our church is invited. We love them, so we thought it would be fun to do that this year. Plus it's only 4 miles away

My daughter is coming to visit today with her boyfriend - we have to start cleaning this house in a few minutes. Should be fun
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #335  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Good morning!

W 160.6
B egg on tortilla
L bean soup
D idk, maybe another bean soup

Emurph, happy anniversary!!!

Finch, good luck with your goal. 1140 was a good day.

Flower, turkey trout could replace the turduken.

Diana, I meant to reply last time that I think my mom is doing fine now. Yay! Don't even sweat the .2 and I'll ignore my .6. Hehe
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #336  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Fat analysis today not so happy. BMR lower than I thought and so I need to eat less and exercise more (sounds so simple, but I feel hungry already). So my goal is to eat 500 cals less and burn off 500 calories more per day to get my 2 lbs per week for Christmas. Yikes that's a lot of work. Veggies are my friend. I will not cheat until Christmas. I will not cheat until Christmas.

Got my food and exercise in my tracker already for tomorrow. I will stick with it! Hold me to that
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #337  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Forgot to weigh in today as I was up early for a run. Well, I didn't really forget forget but I was dressed by the time I remembered and there was no way I was stripping on these cold mornings.

Anyway, breakfast was sardines, smoked kipper, smoked oysters and oats.

Lunch was smoked trout, cod, smoked oysters, a crab cake and baby squid.

Exercise was a 5 mile run before breakfast and 50 minutes weight training before lunch.

Thanksgiving this week. I do love a short week.

That menu sounds delicious Diana as does the fish. Yum.

For Thanksgiving, I will be taking some smoked salmon, cream cheese, some nice ham, lots of European cheese, fancy crackers made with pumpkin, figs and cranberries, some nice bread, chocolate covered figs, chocolate covered almonds, a good bottle or red wine and *perhaps* a good bottle of port. I will not eat all of this (probably the smoked salmon, cream cheese, the figs, almonds, crackers and wine/port) but I am sure others will enjoy the cheese and bread.

The day after Thanksgiving I will be eating alone and have also planned a feast for both breakfast and lunch. Lobster, scrambled egg, smoked salmon, caviar, salmon pate, more chocolate covered figs and almonds, ice cream and a good salad (with feta cheese and caramelized pecans). My trick is to 'supercharge' what I normally eat by adding the nicest of what I normally eat with a few luxury trimmings that I don't (e.g. ice cream, dark chocolate) that won't do much damage.

Last edited by IanG; 11-23-2014 at 05:59 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #338  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all, relaxing now, got some shopping done, my parents are coming for Thanksgiving. We're having a pretty traditional meal, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cheesy carrots, green bean casserole. Just going to enjoy the day and get back on plan after.

If my parents weren't coming it'd probably be a bit different, but not a whole lot, might have tried a turkey trot, maybe next year.

Pretty good day today, except the weigh-in...169.2 so still didn't hit 170, there's that
Cinnamon cereal, almod milk
Tomato soup, 4 fish sticks, tartar sauce
Asian salad, cole slaw
Rail trail, 4 miles

A little heavy on the cabbage for dinner, but yummy.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a nice holiday if you're celebrating, I think Thanksgiving was a little while ago in Canada, right?!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #339  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Everyone's Thanksgiving meals sound like they are going to be great!

Kelijpa DH loves the coconut fried shrimp at Outback. Good job on avoiding that 170! Celebrate the little things, right? Does Hunter have a sweater that he wears when he goes out in the cold?

AmethystJean
Congrats on hitting the gym hard. Good luck with your goal. You can do it.

CoolMom Ha Ha Mac 'n cheese is never out of place. Especially in the South. Down here, if we want to fancy it up, we will throw some lobster in it. But mac and cheese is always appropriate. Great news about your Mom!

Flower That evil scale! Does yours use batteries? If so, maybe change the batteries.

Finch Hang in there and keep trying. You can do it, just don't give up.

Emurph
Happy anniversary! Wishing you the best with all of the transitions you have going on.

Syckgirlsfv I hope you had a nice visit with your DD.

Ian Your foods for Thanksgiving sound delish. Question for you. Do you have issues with cravings, temptations, stress eating, etc.? I haven't notice you commenting about these issues. I commented yesterday about my Dad being a big eater, but I don't recall him having issues with sweets or cravings, etc. If he did get into something he would eat it all, but he didn't do that often. My DH is always craving something, mostly sweets.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 11-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #340  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1380 Calories + coffee:

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (480 Calories)
Rest of soup from yesterday 250 calories
Bertolli Triple Chocolate Strata Cake 230 calories <---Bad decision, since I didn't need it and I was full from the soup.

Dinner (500 calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
I took a rest day. I probably won't take a rest day on the next scheduled rest day. Today I finished up all of my monthly work, cleaned the and dusted the office and bathrooms at work. While we are closed for the Thanksgiving holiday I will probably get a jump start on my month end stuff. It's a never ending cycle, isn't it.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:47 PM   #341  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post

Flower That evil scale! Does yours use batteries? If so, maybe change the batteries.
No it does not have batteries. I suspect it pre-dates the invention of batteries it is quite old. I think I bought it used..... 20 years ago. Time for a new one? I need to find one that is inexpensive and will tell me I am thin and beautiful.

Last edited by flower123; 11-23-2014 at 11:47 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:43 AM   #342  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Finishing the day at 1300. I was at 1000 and decided to have my fav frosted cosmo. Yum yum!

Diana, lobster mac sounds delicious! Dang! I really think I'm going to take mac n cheese. Thanks for posting the menu that gave me the idea. haha! I never would have considered that and who doesn't love it?

Flower, good luck with the scale hunt. They are rather rude sometimes. Your non-digital scale is probably the most polite. My digital scale also has a fat % reading which I don't get at all. It told me I was 40+% fat at 225 and it is STILL telling me I am 40% fat at 160. That would mean I have lost a ton of muscle and yet I do weightlifting. My husband has also lost weight with me and the scale tells him he has gone down in fat %.

Kelijpa, good job on the 4 miles! Hosting Thanksgiving is a lot of work. I've avoided it for several years and glad for it. Hoping everything goes smoothly for you.

Ian, that is a ton of stuff you're bringing! It all sounds delicious.

Amethyst, the fat analysis sounds interesting. How do they figure out your BMR? I know my metabolism is crazy low and making weight loss slow. I am quite sedentary but hoping to get my cycling up. The rainy, cold weather is not helping.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:09 AM   #343  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Lee Holden's 7 Minutes of Magic Extended PM Version

Calories for yesterday: 1380 +
Weigh In: 166.2
No Change

Have a great day!
Old 11-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #344  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. Binge free yesterday... when hunger came at 9 pm I ate the one cup of raw veggies from dinner/salad .
Today for breakfast almond milk with naturemax mix---130 calories
lunch will be salad greens, teaspoon of tahini, 1/4 avocado, hot sause, liquid aminos.strawberries, mushrooms zuccini all raw 360 calories
Dinner I will roast eggplant peppers, shrooms, carrots and dress it with tablespoon of nutzzo nut butter.. an apple some blueberries 1/4 avocado about 380-400 calories
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:25 AM   #345  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

snacks will be one more naturemax shake and perhaps a orange or pair total calories about 1100. Zumba and chair tone this exercise day
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote