Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-25-2014, 07:04 AM   #361  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Slim and Limber

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In: 165.8
Down: .4

Have a wonderful day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #362  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

good morning

w 160.6
b eggs on tortilla
lunch and dinner-no idea. It's re-stock time.

I'm getting rather annoyed at seeing the 160s time and time again. Today is going to be tricky trying to deal with my lack of prepared foods *and* working. We'll see what I can manage...

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:05 PM   #363  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

flower thank you for the nice comment I have a Biggest Loser scale, nothing special - it's glass and it's digital. All it does is weigh me. I like it, though, and it was like 25 bucks or something. Here it is at Target: http://www.target.com/p/taylor-bigge...FYZbfgodcoYA4Q

Ok, I'm releasing lots of water already this morning - still don't want this oatmeal! I have got to get to Costco tomorrow and get my Belvita biscuits!!! There's actually a TON of stuff I need to get there. I'll go in the morning.

B - organic fuji apple (can't stomach the thought of oatmeal today, either)
L - organic quinoa with turkey chili mixed in
D - hmm. maybe I'll make veggie pasta with alfredo or mozzarella sauce and put chicken breast in it. Or sausages!

Going to ride another 11 miles tonight. I did last night and burned 550 calories, so it's helpful. I just can't do 20 miles after work anymore because it's too dark. I'll make up for it on the weekend though! I took tomorrow off so I'll go to the gym, too.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #364  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Down 1lb to 174.4lbs. The running is kicking the losses in again!

Breakfast was mackeral, smoked oysters and oats.

Lunch was smoked sturgeon, cod, a crab cake, squid and smoked oysters.

For exercise I did 60 minutes boxing before work and a fast 4 mile run before lunch. The toe held on *just*. Tomorrow I will have a rest day from running before my Turkey Trot. I may try and open her up for that and see what she can do.

Last edited by IanG; 11-25-2014 at 03:52 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #365  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

flower, congrats on the pant shopping! I don't need any clothes (except at my bigger size), but I still plan on treating myself to something when the weight comes off! I have a Winners gift card calling my name.

Ian, I love your attitude. I need to get on that. I tend to think any time any place is good for indulgence and that needs to stop, especially since I love good food too. I know that if I'm full of good food I won't eat crap, generally. I do have stress and emotional eating but I am working to break those bonds. I think I should get back on the omega 3 supplements for so many reasons. I know it's better to eat whole food sources, but I don't eat meat, so I'm not going to start eating fish.

I am striving not to indulge until Christmas. I am trying to tell myself that there are literally an infinite opportunities for me to have that chocolate bar in the future. It isn't special if I have it all the time. What I don't get all the time is Christmas dinner and treats. I may even have gluten for a thimble cookie or shortbread...but maybe I should plan ahead and pick my treat and make it gluten free. Last year I made too many cookies and such. This year it will be one.

Last edited by AmethystJean; 11-25-2014 at 04:12 PM.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:37 PM   #366  

Welp, my bf and I said we would try to lose weight. He is losing weight. I am gaining weight. I quit my job recently so now I am at home slowly snacking the days away. I NEED TO STOP.

Is anyone doing a low carb diet? Because with everything I eat, I am convinced it is the breads, the cereals, the pastas, that is making it impossible for me to lose weight. Thought? Advice? Suggestions?
MinnieMouse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #367  

I am ending the day at 1457 calories. We need groceries but got away without shopping today. Lunch was Subway and dinner was a couple pancakes with sour cream and salsa (I don't like syrup). Grocery shopping tomorrow!

Minnie, welcome! I definitely do better focussing on the protein and vegetables for each meal and limiting the breads, pasta, pizza and rice. I need to stock up on my veggies and protein again so I don't have another day like today.

Flower, we have a Health O Meter brand scale with body fat % and, yes, the body % thing is useless. The weight seems to be accurate.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 11-25-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #368  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

We just got home so this going to be a quick one. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

We went to a place to eat tonight that we haven't been to in a while. They used to have green beans. Now the only veggies that they have are broccoli and Brussels sprouts. I am avoiding those types of veggies due to my thyroid issue. I just chose the best option from what was left that I could order.

MinnieMouse Hi and welcome to the check-in. Good luck with your weight loss goals. It could be the starches causing problems for you. Do you count calories? If not, maybe try counting calories before you make any major changes. You can see the calorie range that you are in and adjust from there. The starches could also cause you to crave more sugar and starches

Total Approx 1550 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
plain baked potato, I only added black pepper 300 calories
mushrooms 50 calories

Exercise:
Tae Bo Amped Core Express
Old 11-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #369  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Minnie, I also try to focus on fruits and veggies. I don't really worry about getting my fat and protein because I do, but I make sure that I am grabbing for apples and carrots etc when I want a snack. It makes a huge difference. Believe me I understand. Grad school has left me snacking to take a break from schoolwork or to deal with stress and so I'm here.

Finished the day strong. Got my 500 cals of movement in (zumba, stairs, abs). Finished at 1147 cals wow. Definitely made up for yesterday.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:56 PM   #370  

Hi, I will write more later. Just 2 things for now
Minnie, Good to meet you. Glad you are here. I try to stay away from starches. I agree with Diana, they do make me crave more sugar, starches and well all foods. What works best for me is protein, low fat ( some oil is important) and low carbs. It, for me works really well. At first coming off the carbs was hard. After that, it made my cravings so much less that it was well worth it. Of course we all need some carbs. But hopefully well chosen. Now I am in maintenence. And sometimes I am a horrible role model for anyone who is dieting.

Last edited by flower123; 11-25-2014 at 10:56 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #371  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I want to wish everyone the best who is hosting or preparing Thanksgiving meals. I know it's a lot of work, so hang in there. Enjoy the time with your friends and family, too.

I didn't add on any yoga last night.

Calories for yesterday: 1550 +
Weigh In: 166
Up: .2

Have a wonderful day!
Old 11-26-2014, 11:06 AM   #372  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning everyone

rode my 11 miles last night for a 520 calorie burn...I must have ridden a tiny bit slower than the night before. I made something yummy for dinner - Barilla zuchinni and spinach rotini with chicken breast, habanero chicken sausage, chopped broccoli, and creamy mozzarella sauce. It was delicious!

down 2 water pounds today, should probably be down 3 but it's that mid-cycle madness time again! I'll go to the gym today and probably ride another 11 miles tonight for good measure. All good!

Going to brave Costco today, but going very early. I need so much stuff I'll probably spend at least $200. ugh.

Haven't decided on food yet today, right now I'm just having a nice cup of coffee.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #373  
Warrior Princess

Hello from the Caribbean!

This resort is absolutely amazing! I have never seen a beach so clean and water so aqua blue, I can't stop staring at it. I will try to post a pic otherwise I will when I get back.

No need to worry about weight gain here, I don't like the taste of the food and the portions are tiny but I'm not complaining. I'm eating stictly for fuel for once and it's working out in my favor. Plus we're walking/swimming almost constantly so I expect a loss when I return Friday night for sure.

Today my son turned 12 and tomorrow is our wedding.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMouse91 View Post
Welp, my bf and I said we would try to lose weight. He is losing weight. I am gaining weight. I quit my job recently so now I am at home slowly snacking the days away. I NEED TO STOP.

Is anyone doing a low carb diet? Because with everything I eat, I am convinced it is the breads, the cereals, the pastas, that is making it impossible for me to lose weight. Thought? Advice? Suggestions?
Lots of carbs, especially highly processed carbs (even whole grain ones like triscuits) make me feel hungrier throughout the day, so I end up eating over my calories if I eat processed carbs. But there are some others (like steel cut oats and brown rice) that don't have that effect, or at least not noticeably.

I don't eat a low-carb diet. I calorie count using MyFitnessPal and I have it set so 20% of my daily calories should come from carbs (30% protein, 50% fat). But there are plenty of days I go over on carbs and under on fat. I try to get as close to my protein target as I can, and that's the only one I really worry about.

For me, sticking to whole foods (especially in the case of carbs) helps me feel full, which of course helps me eat within my calories.

Last edited by faiora; 11-26-2014 at 12:05 PM.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #375  

Novangel, that sounds wonderful! I'm glad you are having a great time and happy birthday to your son.

W 162.2
B egg and salsa in a corn tortilla
L hoping to get veggies from the store and roast them
D either a soup or a salad

Not gonna lie, the weight going up another two pounds and still in the 160s is really bringing me down. It makes me want to pull away from posting in the forum because of the "what's the point?" mentality. I guess I need to squash my daily calories down even further.