Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Ugh, those people don't help nearly as much as they think they do. A few months ago, I noticed that a former college classmate - RA, actually - was losing a ton of weight and asked her how. Big. Mistake. The result was long messages containing what basically amounts to marketing drivel. I let the conversation drop after telling her I couldn't afford the "small" price tag - it wasn't small - and thought that would be it.

A month or two later, she messages me to "check back in" and once again gives me the same bull! Dude...I ain't paying you $200 for a DVD set and social group. And I thought this girl was normal, what happened?!
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/164/145

Height: 5'2

So sorry to hear that happened to you. Some people will do anything to make a buck.
Bingefreebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

I had a woman approach me once in a mall and ask me something to the effect of "Do you know anyone who might be interested in a makeover?" (at the time I was about 320 lbs. maybe & had just visited a See's Candies booth at the mall) apparently she was trying to be a physical self-improvement guru. I told her no, and then thought about it, and felt me being as sensitive as I am I should have been MORE offended. I mentioned it to my mom, and she and I both agreed how unprofessional that was.

This is really mean, but I noticed her skin wasn't in the best condition, and I wondered how she would have felt if I attempted to sell her Proactiv Solutions. It is insanely rude, no one is "flawless" one of the things about being overweight is people perceive our "flaw" to be glaring. So they mention it, as opposed to a breakout or messy hair. I don't know, just rambling right now lol.

One thing I will say, you and I both are working to be better, and that is what counts. Try not to let these wannabe fitness coaches get you down. *hugs* Just keep pushing.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 07-01-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Ugh, that's the most thoughtless thing I've heard in a long time. If this is how she plans to get business, she's going to go broke very soon.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #20  
Purplelover19

S/C/G: 174/148/135

Height: 5"3in

Angry OMG!! I cant believe that!!

I am so sorry that happened. it is wrong on so many levels. if that happened to me I would be absolutely steamed. more angry than I have been in my entire life!! That was sooo insulting an rude!! Why do some people have to be like that?
Purple1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #21  
it's always something

That was so inconsiderate, I'm sorry you had to go through that People who hawk diet products usually seem to be in a world of their own, spreading misinformation and false hope for a price. Try not to take it too personally, they target people of all sizes. Anyone breathing is a potential target.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #22  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

You don't want to buy a lb of soy protein powder for $65?

We're running a super special and today only you can get it for $60

OR

sign up three friends to pitch over priced protein powder and you can get your next lb for free!

SUCH A DEAL!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:00 PM   #23  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

That is ABSOLUTELY insulting! You have every right to feel this way!
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/155/120

Height: 5'4"

Wow, what a horrid girl! I'm guessing the child was so that people wouldn't punch her face in or swear bloody murder at her as well. The poor child. If that had happened to me I would have immediately told her to lose my number and tell her that my body is my own business, not hers, and she's a horrible person for leading me on like that.

New business, she'll eventually learn that nope, that approach is a pathetic attempt at gaining clients!

Sorry that happened.
pinksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:24 PM   #25  

Height: 5'9"

I went into the website to complain to her boss, but the site was so scammy that I probably got a computer virus!! LOL

What's she going to do when the baby's not cute anymore and she's too old to pull off the older nanny/young mommy look??

Thanks for being outraged with me ~ it was so out there that I wasn't sure about my own reaction.

My real fear is I seem to be wearing a "BRING UP WEIGHT DIET AND EXERCISE" sign around my neck.

Last edited by Inkrid; 07-01-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #26  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Ugh. I do direct sales (I sell Tastefully Simple)... so I understand *why* she wanted to build up her client base, but her method needs some serious work.

I have started talking to random folks while out and about, but instead of basically scamming their info out of them, I give them *my* card, usually along with a free sample, and tell them if they are interested in a party or an order to give me a call or email, etc.

Yeesh, there's a right and wrong way to build a client base. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:00 AM   #27  

It's the way she did it ~ pretend to be your new best friend first, get your number ~ and oh by the way I'm in the Diet/Fitness business.

She must be pretty new or pretty desperate ~ and the family she nannies for has no idea she uses the baby!!

At one point I said, "I think the baby needs attention."
"Oh no, he's fine... *continues biz talk*
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #28  
First Class Muncher

S/C/G: 240/204/140

Height: 5'7"

Sorry about your experience. Lots of scammers out and about these days. It's unfortunate, but I've learned to be leery of strangers. I've encountered multiple situations where people are begging for money and give you an elaborate story to try and get your money.
NaughtyNibbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

What Naughty Nibbler said. It is not just people selling diet stuff. My husband is always getting involved with people that call on the phone and suck up to him in some way or another. He is trusting and likes talking on the phone...LOL! He doesn't buy stuff any more because I get so mad.

I am so suspicious, I try to sort my mail without opening it by looking at the postage, return address etc. I recently threw out a real check by not opening the mail. My bad.

I certainly understand why you were upset. People can be such creeps.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote