Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #451  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks everyone for the warm oyster wishes! Up 2.2lbs today to 173.6lbs. Very heavy for me. I think it might be the sodium in the kippers I have been eating for breakfast.

Anyway, breakfast was fresh sardines, kippers, oats and smoked oysters (my last can). Lunch was my usual with salmon, sardines and crab cake.

For exercise I ran 4 miles before work and did 50 minutes weight training before lunch. I am going out for a drink with a buddy after work. Should be fun.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #452  
It's more UP than Down!

S/C/G: 138 / 102 / 65 kg

Height: 169cm

That's a LOT of fish, mate! Don't you remember the shark in Finding Nemo? Fish are friends, not food! Lol. I like seafood but not nearly as much as you do.

I really enjoyed the 4:30 workout actually! Everything was so quiet. Right now it is going on seven am and I wish I'd gotten up earlier to work out. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow!

Today I get to pick my boy back up, yay!
Sydney_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #453  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

I loved seafood...until Fukushima. I'm sorry but I don't feel like eating all that radiation. It's real. But that's my personal choice I guess...I choose not to be poisoned!

Anyway...

that was my two cents. No disrespect intended to you fish lovers
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #454  
Warrior Princess

The soreness is finally letting up a bit, I was walking like C3PO for a few days. Terrible.

Back to the grind.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #455  

Ian, I love certain fish and could eat it every day many times a day. Oh yes indeed. Smoked fish is my fav. I do not eat bivalves. But crustration oh yes. And Alaskan Salmon is so amazing. Trader Joe's used to carry hot smoked alaskan salmon. No more though. And I love love love seaweed salad. Or seaweed in most forms. So thats my personal imput on the fish diet

Found out today that thyroid is more hypo. this is from the practitioner who is on target in the past. Increase in thyroid medication was recommended. So i emailed my dr to ask if she wants to see me or just do bloodwork. I will be glad to get thyroid back in balance. I also found out that i should be taking more mag than i am currently taking. Half the recommended dosage on the bottle. Because i am already taking mag. Then I was told, when asked, that 3 additional things would be helpful. So I am going to be figuring this all out. This guy is right when he assesses things. And except for one thing, it was I who asked. Because i was doing research. and someone here suggested perhaps mag. might be helpful.

Anyway i got a bit shaaken up and ate a bag of popchips. With cheese. i was told that the 3 lbs that were gained are 3 i needed to gain. So those 3 will remain. Just cannot add to them.

Last edited by flower123; 07-29-2014 at 07:50 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:17 PM   #456  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I have mentioned before that DH likes to eat "different" food and at "different" places. UGH! I hate this. I like to eat the same foods and at the same places. I know what to eat at the places I like to go to avoid drama. DH was wanting to go to a "different" place today. We have been married almost 26 years. I know give and take is part of the equation with getting along . . . but I don't have to like it. So we went to a different place tonight. Normally when I get grilled mahi taco's we are eating at a seafood restaurant. I order them grilled plain, with regular lettuce and tomato, etc. That's how I like them. DH wanted to go to a Mexican restaurant that we haven't been to before. I told DH that we were NOT going to have the queso dip. I can't eat that in moderation. He didn't order the dip, so I was glad about that. I had some chips and salsa. That was bad enough calorie/sodium wise but I tried to keep it in moderation. I also had 2 grilled mahi tacos. I ordered the sauce on the side, but didn't like or eat it. I just used more salsa. Hopefully the sodium won't impact me too much. I'll see tomorrow. I kept things in moderation but I was miserable. I would rather not even go to those places.

Radiojane Are you looking to move? What's going on with your work situation?

Kelijpa What do you do with your little dog when you go to work?

PatPat Good job on your weigh in.

Laciemn Fresh tomatoes are the best!

Mars Who won? You or the redwood tree?

Syckgirlsfv I tried a fruity dressing not too long ago and didn't like it. It also seems like it was a mango dressing. Interesting.

CoolMom What do you put in your Greek pasta salad? Sometimes I will make a single serve Greek type salad and use orzo.

Ian That sounds like water weight for sure. Enjoy your evening out.

Sydney
I hope your day was a good one.

Novangel Glad the DOMS are subsiding.

Flower
Sounds like you are getting good advice from your Dr.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:20 PM   #457  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1650 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (850 Calories)
chips & salsa 250 calories
2 grilled mahi tacos 600 calories

Exercise:
TJ Cardio Party Mix 1
Old 07-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #458  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

The greek pasta salad got cleared out finally and the family had homemade pizza for dinner. It's almost easier to abstain completely than it is to moderate my portion. I'm holding my fast!

Diana, the greek pasta salad had bowtie pasta, a red wine vinaigrette, feta, cucumber, bell pepper, tomatoes and olives. All the usual things in a salad over pasta. Not too bad calorie-wise, surprisingly.

Good job keeping yourself in check at the Mexican restaurant. That would be hard for me!

Last edited by CoolMom75; 07-29-2014 at 09:53 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:35 PM   #459  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Mars Who won? You or the redwood tree?
lol! Tomorrow is the big day. There will be some angry birds.....

I hope you have a good weigh in tomorrow--you especially deserve it for managing the Mexican restaurant so well.

B vanilla whey shake/coffee
L big green salad/veggies/chicken/WF Italian vinaigrette
D chicken breast filet with herbs, light balsamic marinade, broccoli, small salad with a bit of Feta, balsamic vinaigrette
S hard boiled eggs, canteloupe

calories 990
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:58 AM   #460  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

Heyyas girls - and Ian ^^

coolmom great job on the pizza fast!

Diana you really must love your hubby. and well done!

flower No clue what tyroid is about, but holding my thumbs that you get everything to be fine again!

novangel lol I just had to picture that

Ian shopping yesterday made me sad. The "canned fish" section of the supermarket was smaller than your private cabinet, and especially had less kinds... I took home some mackerel, lets see how that tastes ^^

I ate a great salad with chicken and shrimps and egg yesterday, followed by my favourite dessert atm (yoghurt with blueberries and honey) and had fried seaweed as snack. lately I have been unter my average 1200 cals too often, I have to see how I change that...

workout is done, I am showered, so later it is off to the garden to get all dirty and sweaty again :P

maybe I dare to try that mackerel today... maybe not
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:07 AM   #461  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

Some strong willed people here, I have pretty much relegated pizza and Mexican to the weekend, DH is talking nachos already

W-161.3
B- cream of wheat, craisins, pecans
L- cucumber zucchini soup, cucumber slices
D- peas and rice and above soup
E- walk

Can you tell what the garden is producing, cucumbers, zucchini and peas

Diana DH works from home/is semi-retired so it depends on the weather, we have a run for him, if it's too muggy or buggy they hang out in the basement. We just got him this little pop up shade thing at bed bath and beyond, he loves it, it has a mesh thing on the bottom he can lay on, it must be sort of like laying on a hammock...I need to find a bigger one for me

Sydney great job on the early workout I get up at 5 and think about getting up earlier to work out, but that's about as far as it goes...

Hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:53 AM   #462  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I did show a gain, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. I consider it a win in my book, but unfortunately it doesn't put me any closer to where I want to be. But everyday seems to bring forth a new and different challenge. It seems like TTOM is ending. We'll see how it goes today.

Last night I added on: Sleep Easy and Deep Relaxation from Yoga Quick Fixes

Calories for yesterday: 1650 +
Weigh In: 169.4 (TTOM)
Up: .6

Have a great day!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #463  
patpatpatpatpat

about 1 hour till my eating window starts and I am painfully hungry. not normally hungry, it really hurts.
maybe because I have been too low in calories the last day? betcha, I will go over today, and that is a good thing. its okay since I was under the last days.
will have some of these konjaknoodles with meatball sauce (have it in my freezer in portions) for a start. and dried fruit and nuts as dessert. and a good snack.... maybe half an avocado. or a whole one, even.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #464  
patpatpatpatpat

okay, it wasnt hungry, I guess I caught a bug. I ate (although feeling sick as a dog, shaking and these belly aches) and all cannons went loose.
if someone wants me I am on the sofa with a load of tea....

Last edited by PatPat; 07-30-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #465  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

20 mile bike ride with DH again last night love our bike rides! School tonight, so no exercise

DH had ordered pizza last night from Papa Johns, which I don't prefer because they chop everything up so small and hide it under the cheese. He wanted to try the pulled pork pizza, and added pineapple and jalapenos to it. Needless to say I only ate 1 piece because I didn't really like the whole pulled pork thing. I'm sticking to frozen pizza, or Crispy Crust!

B - Belvita breakfast biscuits
L - romain lettuce/grilled chicken breast/Bolt House avocado cilantro dressing
S - coconut greek yogurt w/8 almonds
D - Omaha burger/jarlsberg lite/tomato either on wheat bun or flat out fold-over thingies.
so far that's it! have a great day, it's hot here!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 07-30-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote