Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-07-2014, 12:23 PM   #16  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
When I complained about this years ago to my GP, she told me to just keep trying different brands. I googled one for sensitive stomachs and ordered it online (rainbow light). My nutritionist/RD told me that the reason why many people get nauseated or vomit from vitamins is because they're using synthetic vitamins instead of food-based. You may want to try it if you end up wanting vitamins again.
If they have digestive enzymes in them they will cause problems too. I used to throw up literally 30 minutes after taking my multi. As soon as I switched to one with out the enzyme in it, I had no more problems.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:43 AM   #17  

Thinking about this intuitively I would say your body is telling you no coffee so I would cut it out for awhile or try it as a treat later in the morning. I wouldn't think one cup should be terribly hard to get past, does decaf hit you the same way?

Have you ever tried hot lemonade? I haven't done it recently but I put a thick slice of lemon in a mug with water and microwave, it needs sweetness and I used to use Splenda or a little honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I found it very satisfying as a change up from coffee.

I absolutely love my coffee, but I am drinking less of it this winter not exactly sure why but I've been eating healthy and my routine is fruit and a mug or sometimes two in the morning and then I go workout most days and I haven't wanted more when I am finished. I have a friend visiting this week and I'm drinking more as we chat or stop for coffee after shopping which I rarely do alone.
CindySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all for the responses I'll try to answer some questions posed. No I do not take vitamins, I drink my coffee with half n' half, no sugar/sweeteners. I do not think I have an ulcer though thank you, I'll try to stay tuned into those symptoms but I don't think it is that.

So it's first thing in the morning and I'm sipping on caffeine-free tea. I'm not missing the coffee at the moment, maybe just the first sip or two but my tea is very flavorful and so I'm enjoying it. I may have some coffee after breakfast. Now we wait and see if a headache settles in.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:27 AM   #19  
Warrior Princess

The headache with caffeine withdrawal isn't that bad. A few Advil and within a day or two you're fine. I had to give it up for a long while in 2008. The only time it made my stomach feel ripped is when it was too acidic and my stomach was empty.

I'm back to drinking it regularly again. It's the only vice I have left!
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #20  

Coffee is the very last thing in my diet I could give up, I believe. Of course, if the doctor told me that if I didn't stop drinking it I'd be dead in 30 days of course I would stop, but barring any medical reason or sudden negative reaction to it, I can't imagine not drinking it.

I drink 6 to 8 cups of black coffee a day. Have been drinking it black since the age of 18. I don't drink it quite as late in the day as I used to when I was younger, but other than that my coffee habit hasn't changed much in the 40+ years I've been drinking it black.

Wannabe, the only time I stopped drinking it was when I was pregnant with my first-born. And that was only because it made me nauseated. I remember when she was born and they brought me back into the room (in the middle of the night) and the nurse asked if I needed anything. I said "Yes, black coffee!" She got such a kick out of that! I didn't drink as much when I was nursing my children, but I still drank some. I was able to drink it during my second pregnancy because I had no morning sickness with my son.

I hope you are able to wean yourself off without suffering headaches, Wannabe. As others have stated, I suspect even if you do have them, they will diminish pretty quickly.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 192/160/137

I have given it up before...never ever ever again! I gave up nightly wine, carbs, sugar, eating out and so coffee is my best friend. But I agree get it checked out. It could just be you need a little food with it. I do intermittent fasting so I only have coffee in morning. Sometimes I can't handle just coffee so I blend it with a little coconut oil and almond milk. It's a fantastic drink and gives me enough stomach coating and calories to handle the acid. But you have to use a blender or it won't come out right. Good luck.
Sassyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Well I'm never doing that again, what an awful day it was yesterday. I was ok for about 2hrs and then a massive headache set in, my eyes felt like they were going to pop out and I felt like I was floating around, unable to concentrate on anything. The headache lasted well into the afternoon. Worst of all it made me massively hungry and guess what... my tummy hurt anyway after the tea.

So today I've tried drinking only half a cup of coffee and eating some cashews along with it. If this persists I will surely go and get this checked out at my GP.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm glad you are considering getting it checked out. I second Pattience's suggestion that it might be a peptic ulcer or possibly some other health issue. Hope you feel better soon!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Well I'm never doing that again, what an awful day it was yesterday. I was ok for about 2hrs and then a massive headache set in, my eyes felt like they were going to pop out and I felt like I was floating around, unable to concentrate on anything. The headache lasted well into the afternoon.
Wow, so sorry to hear that.

Whenever I have blood work done I don't drink my coffee, even though most of the time they'll tell you black coffee is okay. That means I go about 4 hours before my first cup, but the headache still comes and definitely lasts all day, even though I eventually start drinking it. But I always thought that was because I drink SO much coffee.

My brother weaned himself off coffee by initially drinking half caf, half decaf. Now he doesn't drink it at all. He's always preaching to me about how I should do the same. No thank you.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote