Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
Food pushers are the WORST!! I too have had high blood sugar, as does my father. I am just really prone to it if I don't watch out, and it is really irritating when people at my old job got "fake concerned" if I didn't scarf down junk food. My new workplace so far doesn't seem to be like that, so its sort of comforting to know that sometimes, we just happen to work with irritating pushers, but it doesn't have to be that way.
This! It's almost like an invasion of privacy when people keep pushing the issue. When No isn't enough I feel preachy explaining why I chose not to eat something. 9 times out of 10 someone will just cut a smaller piece of cake, pie, etc. and shove it at me as if it's a solution. The least of my concerns over this is that I'll cave in, eat it, and set off all kinds of cravings. The major concern is that my blood sugar will go crazy and I'm left sweating, shaking, and on the verge of passing out.

I hope your new workplace isn't pushy about this! It's hard enough to maintain control on a daily basis without people forcing food on us!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't shop normal grocery stores so maybe that isn't why I never see Girl Scouts. Honestly, I'd tell them "sorry I already bought some".
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:13 AM   #18  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Second box gone, and I didn't eat one. Disaster averted.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #19  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Whoo-hoo!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #20  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I hate that they sell them. I have kids, I know fundraisers are a part of life, but it is frustrating to have them at the store every single time you go there. I am always glad when cookie season ends!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote