Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #61  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Down 1.8lbs today after the cut to 163.8lbs.

Ate normally today.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Sardines.

Lunch: Smoked salmon, jumbo lump crab, baby prawns, lunch herring, 10 anchovies, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils, 1 chestnut.

Dinner: Beer (Clown Shoes Galactica).

Exercise: Ran 10k.

Last edited by IanG; 01-05-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

Good evening all - I was mostly on plan today so it was a good day. Since it was 76 and sunny today, I even took down the outside Christmas decorations. It was a great day to be outside and enjoy the warmth. This is supposed to all change on Tuesday morning. They say we will be around mid 20 degrees.

I think I need some WD-40 for my scale as the needle seems to be stuck at 278

Today's Food "1/5/2014"

Breakfast
1 cup Raisin Bran with 1/2 cup 2% milk

Lunch
4 oz Grilled Turkey Breast Steak
1/2 cup Mashed Potato
1/2 cup Yellow Corn

Dinner
4 slices of Cici"s 12" buffet pizza
1/2 cup Cici's Pasta Salad

Snack
1 Medium Granny Smith Apple
1 cup Del Monte NO SALT ADDED Leaf Spinach
1 Tbsp Cider Vinegar

1,573 calories - daily goal is 1,650
248 carbs - daily goal is 227
30 fat - daily goal is 55
73 protein - daily goal is 62
2,721 sodium - daily goal is 2,500
33 fiber - daily goal is 29
Old 01-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 188/165/140

Default back after a long time

Happy New Year, everyone!

I used to post here a couple of years ago, and then got out of the habit. I've gained 20 pounds

I know my goal should be to lose 20 pounds, but that's just too much to contemplate. Even 10...even 5. Someone at my work says that the way to handle a big problem is to half it, and then half it again, until the part you're left with seems manageable.

Two or three pounds. That seems manageable.

I'll post this, then get caught up on all of you. Talk soon!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:54 PM   #64  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

We just got back a birthday party/get together. It was held at an Italian restaurant. It was something that I had to attend. I didn't even want to talk about it earlier. I just wanted to do the best I could with the circumstances and try not to worry about it too much. It's frustrating because I am just getting back on track from the holidays. I asked the waitress a few questions. There were not any options for grilled protein/veggies. We have never been to this place before and we will not go back. Unless we are in a similar situation. Although, I think if DH knew the party was going to be held at this same place, he would opt out. I will try to do my best with estimating the calories.

Alaskanlaughter Good luck with your first day back to work. I know the feeling. I was starting to get used to having the time off.

Misha Good job on the workout!

kelijpa Good job with enjoying the pizza in moderation. I'm telling you! I can have some moments of starvation and bottomless pit going on! It gets really ugly!

Ian Good job on the 1.8 pounds.

Larry
Good job on your day.

roadbikerchick I remember you. Welcome back!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:59 PM   #65  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1645 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (350 calories)
Broiled salmon 170 calories
cauliflower 100 calories
apple 80 calories

Dinner (900 calories)
Plain salad w/ranch on the side 150 calories
bread w/olive oil 200 calories
chicken marsala 250 calories (it came with a side of pasta but I didn't eat it)
Small chocolate cupcake w/cream cheese frosting 300 calories

No Exercise
Old 01-05-2014, 11:09 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 189/166/147

Height: 5'7"

Ate too much last night enabled husband asked if I wanted more and I just went for it.

Starting today with this don't remember what I ate.

Was hoping to work out by now but too sick too still.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:53 AM   #67  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I felt fine today after my normal weight workout....even though I posted earlier that it was a hard workout to get through, I wasn't weak or exhausted later today...I ran errands, did laundry and got the kids scrubbed up and clean for sunday night lol....I didn't eat dinner and am hungry but nothing sounds good...I hate going to bed hungry though because in the morning I am RAVENOUS and my schedule in the mornings doesn't allow me to really sit and eat
Old 01-06-2014, 05:48 AM   #68  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Got some of that water eight off yesterday, down 2.6 back to 159.4

B- cream of wheat, unsweet van almond milk, banana
L- spring mix, BH Italian, salsa ranch, avocado
D- DH making a salad
S- giant navel orange (counting as 2 med) plum
E- functionals and exercise bike planned, hope to get in walk at work

Feeling good about getting back on plan, wind is whipping out there, everything is melting right now, it's about 40 supposed to drop to the single digits tonight so everything should freeze up...yuck, oh well spring is coming, about 75 days!

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-06-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:10 AM   #69  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Going back to work today! I really do need to find a way to retire!

Last night I did: Cleanse and Rest from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste

Calories for yesterday: 1645 +
Weigh In: 168.2
Up: .2 (I will take it, especially with the birthday party at the Italian restaurant!)

PostWeddingsmallsize Hi and welcome to the check-in! Today is a new day! Keep trying.

Have a great day and start to your week!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:29 AM   #70  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Yesterday's Calories: 1640
Today's Weight: 177.4 (Must be from Sodium on Saturday)

B - Turkey, Ranch and Swiss Pinwheels (2) + Cucumbers + Broccoli
S - Homemade Nut Roll (2 inch slice)
L - Turkey, Ranch and Swiss Pinwheels (3) + Sliced Swiss Cheese (2)
S - Black & White Trail Mix (1/4 c.)
D - Spring Mix Salad (1 c.) w/ Venison (3 oz.), Shredded Cheddar (1/8 c.), Mixed Veggies and Light Ranch (1 Tbsp)
S - Doritos (1 serving) + Sliced Swiss Cheese (2)

I should have cut out the doritos, but dad was eating some and they sounded really good. I really should cut back on cheese as well. Gym today, as long as its not too icy out. Its supposed to be 10 degrees by the time I get off work.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #71  
Warrior Princess

This weather is just brutal. Between 2 bad snow storms and now dangerous record low temps I haven't been able to do anything. Not even drive. Work and schools are closed. To top it off TOM has me fatigued. :/

It's Jillian for sure today. I don't do -50.

I'm just sitting here a bloated mess with cabin fever.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #72  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 1.4lbs today to 165.2lbs.

It's going to get cold people! 5 degrees in DC when I wake up tomorrow!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Kippers. Sardines.

Lunch: Smoked salmon, dungeness crab, clams, lunch herring, 10 anchovies, 2 eggs scrambled, 2 quails eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

Dinner: Beer (Clown Shoes Galactica).

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training this morning and 50 minutes spinning class before lunch.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #73  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
This weather is just brutal. Between 2 bad snow storms and now dangerous record low temps I haven't been able to do anything. Not even drive. Work and schools are closed. To top it off TOM has me fatigued. :/

It's Jillian for sure today. I don't do -50.

I'm just sitting here a bloated mess with cabin fever.
I hate being stuck inside for any reason for very long

up north where I grew up, my high school closed at -50 degrees....if it was -45 we were still out on the road waiting for the school bus....however dad wouldn't drive anywhere if it got down to -30, maybe just for water if we needed to haul water....I grew up without running water
Old 01-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #74  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon Everyone,

It's been a super long time and whole lot of bad habits (ie. no exercise and gluten full foods). Today is the start of cleansing my body. Hopefully, I will see the 20 pounds I've gained the last few months come off in the next two months or so. I've grown uncomfortable in my own skin which I hate. But I have no one to blame, but myself, so it will be me that gets me back on the horse.

I went for a 90 min walk in the rain. I have a routine started in my gym during the cold and snowy days, but the walks burn more calories and are less boring. So, when I can, I will walk.

I have a new neurologist who says, he doesn't think I have MD (let's hope he's right). He will run me through every test possible in the next few weeks. I've already given 8 vials of blood...he should have given me a heads up, I was dizzy afterwards Good news, I'm not even close to being Diabetic which runs in my family. Bad news, my kidneys are taking a little hit from my Lithium intake...so we have to work through that. First thing first, get Celiac's back under control because chances are I haven't been absorbing properly the past few months.

So back to the health track.

Hello, Diana, I hope your new year is starting off wonderful. I need to catch up with a warm cup of coffee before I make any kind personal. I hope everyone is having healthy year. Stay positive.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Today is a great day, I have been staying on plan and the scale rewarded me with a 2 lb loss today.

Misha Hi, Hope your day is going well

kelijpa Congrats on the 2.6 lb loss, WAY TO GO. DW and I have pizza out ocasionally. yesterday It was Cici's Buffet and I would be faced with a huge variety and all you can eat. To counter this I went on line and printed out thier nutrition sheet and took it with me. I selected the best calorie / sodium balance I could and ate 3 pieces of Pepperoni & Japapeno and 1 slice of Buffalo Chicken. All pizza's are 12 inch. This totaled to 606 calories and 1,240 mg sodium. This was well within my calorie and sodium allowance.

IanG You are doing so great! Have you developed Gills yet from eating all of the fish? You drink beer with the strangest names I ever heard of.

roadbikerchick Great to have you back. I was missing also and have been back only since December 30th.

Diana - I can understand your frustration at the new restauarant but you summed it up well by saying "I will try to do my best with estimating the calories." Sometimes that is all we can do.

PostWeddingsmallsize Sometimes we all eat too much. Pick your self up and start again. The only people that fail are those who stop trying.

Psychic If you are like me sodium weight gains come off much slower than they go on.

novangel Stay safe in that weather. I am originally from the Buffalo, NY area and have occasionally seen snow myself.

alaskanlaughter Driving for water at -30 degrees? Are you sure it was water and not ice you brought back?

mamakat I remember you. Great that you are back. I have only been back about a week my self.
Closed Thread