Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #1  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Struggling at the end of "decades"

I've noticed a pattern in my weight loss, and I was curious if anyone can relate.

At the end of every "decade", I start to feel very bingey and my exercise habits go to crap. I do this for about a month or two, and after that, I finally get my butt in gear and drop down to the next decade. The first seven or so pounds come off at a slow but normal (for me) pace, and then I get stuck again. This wasn't as much of a problem at my higher weights as it is now, as it is way more of a struggle now to lose some poundage.

I keep telling myself this is good maintenance practice, but it also worries me that this pattern will cause issues with long-term maintenance. It's not like I restrict too much/exercise too much when losing. It's more-so that I struggle to just keep up the better daily habits that I always come back to.

I think it may have something to do with the excitement of actually wanting to feel like I'm REALLY in a new decade. Like, 179 would still be too close to 180 for me. In my head, I'd still be a girl who weighs about 180. 175? Yeah, my butt is firmly planted. 173? Heck yeah, I'm golden! Then I just hang out there for a while, but I'm not sure why. I'm not really reveling in it, but maybe I am just giving myself time to adjust. I'm just not sure.

Has anyone experienced this? How do you get out of this cycle? Or is this cycle perfectly healthy, as I'm not gaining, and thus I shouldn't stress about it too much?

Last edited by Song of Surly; 09-23-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Song of Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #2  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Yes, yes yes and yes again LOL

I do this as well. At first, I did not, I just cruised right on through decades in about three weeks. But now...UGH. It is a struggle. I inevitably get stuck at the 2's (262,252 etc.) I go up to the 5s for a minute and then woosh down to the 8's. It is annoying. I am not sure, I have to look into it a bit more, but I THINK that for me at least it seems to be that it around TOM that I get to the point where i should be going into a new decade, about every 5 weeks. So I always am in that sort of PMS/Post MS period. Make sense?

Whatever it is for you I feel ya.

Hang in there, hopefully you can find a trend that you can track and that will help with trying to "fix" the issue.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #3  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Happens to me too, still fighting to get out of the 160s.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

It happens to me in the middles. I get stuck in the 3s to 5s of each decade. I think it's funny how sometimes we have such predictable patterns.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote