Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-23-2013, 02:13 AM   #1  

Default Should I invest in a BMI scale?

Hi all!

So lately my normal electronic scale seems to be stuck between 74kg and 75kg, I know some of this is my fault but this passed week I really have been sticking to plan and just wanted to see that 73 mark somewhere but nope :-(

Anyway, I never bothered much with BMI scals before but now there just so happens to be one on sale for R180 / $18 at a local heath shop. It says it measures, fat, muscle and water, not sure how true that is but I dunno, maybe I am gaining muscle lately, my clothes, the newer ones I have bought are also feeling a bit looser, but I could also just be imagining it. I am trying to do more core work outs and toning yoga, which I suck at and less cardio which I am getting so tired of, and kinda fell off the exercise band wagon because of that, but I am back on now.

So does anyone have one of these scales? Are they worth it? Do they help keep you motivated? I know they not 100% accurate but even if t1ey can give me an idea of where I am at that would be nice. So is it a good idea or should I save my money and just stick to my good old fashion scale that has seen me this far.

Oh, I don't really wanna spend more then that on the scale so yeah, the price is the only reason I am considering it right now.

Hugs
j9nightelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:16 AM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

You can't accurately measure body mass composition with a scale.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #3  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Nope, don't waste your funds.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #4  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

They worknby sending a small pulse through your body and measuring the speed of the retune signal whennit bounces back.

This measurement is easily upset by s number of factors, including how hydrated you are, how moist the skies of your feet are, how yu stand on the sensors etc.

Over time yu may detect a trend, but it won't give yu accurate measures.

A cheaper. option is just to use the us navy guide to BMI which will give you a good guide based on multiple body measurements. The tape is much mire reliable than thenscales in these cases!
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote