Calorie rate-loss question

• I've been on a diet of X calories a day and have been steadily losing about 2 lbs. a week. If I were to drop my calories by 200 a day, would it be enough to lose an extra pound a week, everything else being equal? Just trying to gauge possible future progress. Thanks.
  • No...that would not be enough. Rule of thumb: you would need to drop another 500 per day to lose another pound per week. Also, you need to be careful. If you lose too quickly, you risk losing muscle as well as fat. You might get to your goal sooner, but you won't look as good, since you'll have a higher fat content and a lower muscle content.
  • Congrats on steady loss, that's always a good thing Two pounds a week is great! It's hard to beat that, especially at your current weight. It's easier to lose more per week when you are larger, but it slows down some as you get closer to goal.

If you want to boost your weight loss a little more, maybe you could increase your daily exercise along with a slight decrease in daily calories.

Good luck!