Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 11:20 AM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#349

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 06-15-2003, 11:25 AM   #2  
I'm on my way!

OK OK here's my post...well...maybe I shouldn't post...then at least I know our friend Sandy will come out and post....because I didn't post after starting a new thread! Gotta watch the posting police...heck...we haven't seen the posting police...lets all make a posting violation to drag her hiney back out here to post with us!! Oh Sandy...come out come out wherever you are!!

Well, as you can see...we made it to Rhode Island! We just got back from taking my father and John out to breakfast for father's day...I am stuffed to the gills!! Throw me in the bay and let me swim some of this gluttony off!!

We are going to my sister's house this afternoon. She is doing a father's day barbeque. She is making bourbon ribs. They were soaking in the bourbon when I talked to her this morning. Umm umm...sounds sooo good.

Well I am going to go check my lottery ticket to see if we don't have to return to work next week. Keep your fingers crossed but don't hold your breath! LOL I wish I would win so I could fly you all out together somewhere so we could have a reunion!!

I'll catch you all again later. TTFN Michelle
Old 06-15-2003, 01:44 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Kinda looks like most of you are out with the significant others celebrating Father's Day. I hope you are all having an absolutely wonderful time.

Me, I'm here by myself. The baby is still up at school. I'll be making the trek to pick his stuff up on Friday. Taking mom again so we can stop and visit her brother. He is deteriorating so.

Honey and #1 son have gone to MIS to the Nascar race. Left this morning at 6:00. I went back to bed. It is a glorious day for the race. The sun is shining, not horribly hot and there's a nice breeze. Nothing could be finer.

It seems like the race here is always on Father's Day, ok, usually. We actually have another Nascar race in August, but the June one is the one honey always goes to. He's only missed one in like 9 years. I figure it's something honey likes to do and since it falls on Father's Day, what better way for him to spend his day? (besides, then I get the day to myself )

I slept in this morning til about 10:30. Read the ads in the paper. Had some breakfast. Now I have to take a run to my FIL's to wish him a happy Father's Day and then the rest of the day is MINE!!! See, this isn't sooooo bad!!!!

My food has been absolutely horrible lately. We went to a graduation party yesterday and I ate the 'nibbles' that were on the table like I haven't eatten in a year. I looked honey square in the eye and said "this has got to STOP!" I told him Monday morning was a new beginning. I am going to catch this damn bandwagon that keeps running by me (****, running over me is more like it!) and I'm jumping back on. There's still time to get 30#'s off by Labor Day and that's my goal.

I weighed in on Monday and I was up another 3.5 taking me back to what I was at the beginning of January. So here I am, 6 months later with nothing to show for it. I'm sick of it! Time to get a grip!!!!

The good thing is, I think I've eatten all the goodies there were in the house, so now I won't have any more temptations and I just won't buy anymore. The #1 son said the other day HE was trying to get things under control. The 'baby' will be home and God knows HE is going to need some help. So if I put my mind to cooking nightly instead of fast fooding it, we should all be alot better off. The nice thing about the guys is that if I tell them to not eat stuff in front of me, they will hide it. Guess I'm making them into closet eaters, but hey, I have to succeed, this is ridiculous!!

Well, now that I have bored you all to death with my rantings, I think I'll go run to Dad-in-law's and then come home and try to get something done for the day.

BTW, I was a 'showgirl' this weekend and we saw Hollywood Homicide. It is NO theatrical award winner, but if you want some fun and a few good laughs, it was entertaining.

Gotta run. You all have a great day!

"Love, you know, seeks to MAKE happy, rather than to BE happy." - Ralph Connor

Last edited by thinthinker; 06-15-2003 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-15-2003, 03:32 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Smile I thought we could all use some inspiration...

One hundred percent of the shots you don't take
don't go in.

Wayne Gretzky
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Si, Se Puede!”
(Yes, we are able!)

Cesar Chavez
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."

Vincent Van Gogh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Seldom does an individual exceed
his own expectations."
Unknown

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
-------------------------------------------------------------

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving: To reach the port of heaven, we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it, but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor."

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don't blame the lettuce. You look for reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce. Yet if we have problems with our friends or family, we blame the other person. But if we know how to take care of them, they will grow well, like the lettuce. Blaming has no positive effect at all, nor does trying to persuade using reason and argument. That is my experience. No blame, no reasoning, no argument, just understanding. If you understand, and you show that you understand, you can love, and the situation will change."

Thich Nhat Hanh
Vietnamese Zen Master and Spiritual Leader

-------------------------------------------------------------------

""Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"The best way to predict your future is to create it."

Unknown

-------------------------------------------------------------------
“Whether you think you can
or think you can't --
you are right.”

Henry Ford
--------------------------------------------------------------------

There'll be two dates on your tombstone
And all your friends will read 'em
But all that's gonna matter is that little dash between 'em..."

Kevin Welch

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-15-2003 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-15-2003, 05:39 PM   #5  
Progress..not perfection

Thank you Kat, those were pretty good.

SANDY: Where are yooooou? Come out, come out wherever you are!

Well, I've made a decision. I have an upcoming trip that I'm really trying to save for, so I had originally decided that I would hold off on going back to WW till I get back. But, the trip is about a month away and I'm not giving myself permission to wait that long. So, as of tomorrow. I am going back to WW!

I'm slowing down the wagon girls....anyone want to hop on?
Old 06-15-2003, 05:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi gang,

Okay, now I'm really behind on what everybody is doing. At this point, I'm just going to have to go forward and try to do better this week.

Yesterday, I spent almost all day with MIL. She moved her furniture in on Thursday and had a list of things she needed for her new apartment. Her sons just are not good shoppers. We hit several stores looking for white pants, purple sheets, hamper, etc. You'd think the white pants would be easy. Nope! Everything is cotton or capris or cotton capris. Then she won't buy unless its on sale. We had chinese for lunch. I think this is the first time she and I have sat down to have lunch just the two of us - in six years. She wore me out!

Today was church and lunch at Macaroni Grill. but yummy!

This week, I will have to be more than good with food and exercise my butt off if I want a decent WI. I just don't want to be up. Must focus! Must focus! Must focus!

Okay, I've updated my photo album on Picture Trail. I'm really liking that and will probably pay for a year. What fun! I've added some of my horse, Ginger.

http://www.picturetrail.com/tackandron

This is too funny. I'm watching an old Danielle Steele movie on Lifetime - Daddy. The troubled son in the movie is Ben Affleck!

Its the start of a new week and a chance to get a grip. Let's not forget our tools - planning, journal, water, exercise, just say no! I know there are several who are struggling with this journey and with issues in their lives. Just know there are lots of people to be there for you and the power of prayer is awesome. Just don't give up or feel that you are alone.

Have a great Sunday evening and Monday!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 06-15-2003 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:31 PM   #7  
You and Me in 2003

Tina let me get on with you I have stuffed today. HELP
Old 06-15-2003, 07:35 PM   #8  

Okay, here I sit ready to start another week. This past week hasn't been good and neither have I. My back is bothering me again and I've had to take pills. They make me sleep a lot and most of the time I've felt out of it. Haven't really followed any plan and still hooked on soda. Just been pretty blue about it...(another lovely side affect of the pills - depression).

Sidenote: Ever felt better about being depressed if you have a reason? Like it's the TOM or something else? Whenever I get really down I feel better if I can find an outside reason....always means that it will end soon. Know what I mean?

Anyway. Last night as I was laying in bed beating myself up I remembered something my uncle said, "Deb, for some people the concept of proper thought leads to proper action works. For us, and anyone with an addictive personality it's the opposite. Thinking about it isn't going to get it done. If you think about a diet start at that moment, TAKE ACTION, don't think about it or you'll never get there." So true. Or, in the immortal words of Yoda, "Try? There is no try only do"....or something like that.

So, I"m making a committment, regardless of the medication I'm on, to switch to water this week and to actually cook decent meals. Going to the store tonight to stock up.

If anyone has any suggestions on snacks and anything I can preplan that would be great. Sometimes I get knocked on my butt for a few days when I need the pills would be easier if I had something premade.

Hmmm.....just a few notes while I'm thinking about it.

Thinthinker: Talked to Mom about that recipe but she was unsure. Was going to ask her WW leader...>I'll test it before I post it.

Whomever, cut off their acrylic nails. Had them myself and I know the damage they can do to your real nails when you take them off. Next time soak them in acetone, can use acetone based nail polish remover, and they will soften. Takes a while but easier on the nail.

Skinny Cows - Don't know if you know about these but it's a ice cream company. One of their fudgicles (really good) is only 1 pt on WW.

That's about it for now. Hope you all have a good week. I intend to drink enough water to float a boat, or my kidneys, whichever comes first.

Deb
Old 06-15-2003, 08:21 PM   #9  

Happy Fathers Day to all of you lovies. LOL, can anyone tell me what day isn't fathers day? In our house it seems like dad gets the best of everyday? Oh well, a moms life.

Food has not been great and it's self damage, and I was totaly aware of what I was doing, I lost those 4.5 lbs last week and I swear I probably put them back on this week. But, don't pity me, cause I did it myself, but, I'm gonna dust my *** off and climb back on with you girls. Nothing but H2o for me this coming week. And some nice low fat meals would be good on the plan too.

Tina: I'm here, I have not strayed to far off the track, I'm always reading. I'm still a new one on the board here, but I have noticed that it's mostly the new ones that are posting and keeping the thread alive. A lot of the ones that posted when I first came are gone? But there are always newbies coming and thats always nice to get a new twist on how things are done. I have made very good friends with Mary(old poster) and Amanda(new poster) and they are wonderful woman. Everyone cares about everyone on this thread thats one of the things I like about it. We are all so different yet so much the same. Hope I have made you feel better about it, we all love ya here you know. We don't always agree, but thats what a thread is all about right? Getting everyones input? And we like your input too.....so please continue to post.

Amanda: Where are you????? Come post some more chicky pooh. How was the walk this a.m.? Did you get hubby the breakfast?

Michelle: the ever so worried one about the posting police....you crack me up....please make room on the wagon for all of us. None of us are perfect but we are here and that counts for something!!

Deb: Have I said welcome to the board to you? Sorry if I missed you coming on board. I'm usually right on top of things, but life has been extremely busy for me the past 2 weeks.

Mary: Sorry I missed you in chat Saturday night, my hubby wanted some attention......so his affections won me over.

Terri: I loved the pic that you had done at the church you said? It is a good one. To make the picture come up on the thread versus the address just hit the IMG button instead of the http button. But we can always just click on the address and it takes us to where you want us...lol

Kat: Liked your quotes. Thought about using some of them myself.

Thin: my goal last week was to get 21 lbs off by labor day....so I'm right here with you...

Okay I think I got everyone that has posted so far....Hugs to you all.....

Whoever is lurking and not posting (Hello to you too)
Old 06-15-2003, 08:47 PM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Sandy glad to see I dragged your hiney out today to post! LOL I need the posting police to kick my A$$ and give me an eating violation so I can pay the price and get back on that wagon. Keep it rolling slow when you all come by to pick me up....I will hop on as long as you wait till next monday...I have a few things to tidy up while on vacation like enjoying myself!! I am going to definately watch what I eat...fish, salads etc lots of water. I brought a case of bottle water with me...but for sure I will be back on track and back to weight watchers on monday night...right along with TINA!

Tina glad you decided to go back to WW instead of waiting...just think it will be that much less you are dragging around in lbs come vacation time and how much better you will feel...and if you come back with a gain so what...you enjoyed yourself, you had a good time and you go forward!! Its not failing...its just a break...and we all need a break from time to time in everything that we do on a regular basis...thats why we go on vacation NO???

OK I gotta get my boy ready for bed. I am leaving for Cape Cod tomorrow around noon time so I will check back in again in the morning.

Have a great week! TTFN Michelle
Old 06-15-2003, 11:20 PM   #11  
BELIEVE!

Default %&#&$&#*#*@*@

Gosh Darn it!!! I just spent nearly an hour writing out a message to all of you with personal replies to everyone! Then I tried to attach a picture and lost it all!!!!

Well, I can't go back and do it again, I have to be up in 6 1/2 hours! I'll try again tomorrow!

So, instead I'll just say HELLO to everyone!!! Sweet Dreams!
Barb
Old 06-16-2003, 07:40 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Talking I'm around

Hello everyone

I'm around just been busy. I start working with my hubby today. It is going to be interesting. I know I can do it, but this first week is going to be rough. I may not be posting much this week but know that I'm thinking of you and trying to keep up with the posts.

I have a very ambitious goal now, I want to hit goal weight by my next birthday. I know I can do it, it just means staying on track. I think after a few weeks of this job with hubby I'm going to try Body for Life. I need to strengthen my muscles up and that will do it.

Food has been decent, so has exercise. Today has been a week since I started walking and changing my schedule and I'm still on track. I missed walking a couple of days, and I'm just going for a short one today. I don't know how much energy this job will take so I figure I better conserve. I'm going to walk with the thirteen year old neighbor today. I find that when I walk in the morn it sets my day on the right track but if I don't walk I'm just sluggish all day.

Anyway have to get ready to get walking. Hope everyone is doing well and staying OP.

Old 06-16-2003, 07:57 AM   #13  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking Good Morning ladies !!!

How is my favorite group of ladies this morning ??

I have been stuck in **** for the last month or so... but I am coming out it !!!
I went to visit my parents on FAthers Day.... and I have decided that life is too short to waste a single moment of wallowing in pity, depression, doubt, FEAR or any other negative emotion.

I am making that conscious DECISION to grab LIFE by the horns and ride to the end.

My first step is to say good morning to my friends here this morning. I am going to DRINK MY WATER and do something PRODUCTIVE each day.
I am going to spend some time here each day... but not all day.
I am replacing "stinkin thinkin" with "POSITIVE ATTITUDE".

In weight loss as well as ALL OF LIFE.... "ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING !!"
I am going to go find me a scale to weigh on this morning... and I am going to take 5 lbs off of this body !!! When I get that 5 lbs off... then I will take the next 5 lbs. I am NOT going to look at the longgggg road ahead. I am focusing on TODAY !!! And I am going to enjoy my TODAYS.
No matter how bad my days have been... they are 10 times better than my parents. I have sooooo much to be GRATEFUL for.
I am not wasting another minute being ungrateful.

I want to WELCOME Grasshopper/Deb to our group. These are a GREAT bunch of ladies.
I love all the rest of you here... but I am getting busy LIVING LIFE.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:42 AM   #14  
Dancing those pounds away

I had to come and post my GOOD NEWS !!!!!!
This is my 3rd day back on program. Like I had said before... I was not pigging out by any means.. but I felt I should have been stricter in the past month or two.
Well.... I weighed this morning. I had to drive to the next town to find a scale that could weigh me... but I went so I could have a starting point again.

To my surprise.... I had lost 8lbs since the last time I weighed several months ago.
I am soooooooo HAPPY !!!!

I knew my pants were very loose... but I thought I had accidently gotten my larger pants back out without realizing it. I did not know that these were my smaller pants getting looser.
I knew I was still substituting grilled veggies for potatoes and I was still NOT eatting bread. And I was still bringing food home when we went out to eat.
I just assumed I had to be more strict to lose weight.
I can't tell you how many times I was disappointed in the past for not losing when I would weigh.

I think not weighing for several months prevented me from letting those numbers rule my life.
I ate wiser.... but not perfect.
Eight pounds in several months is no record breaking speed....I wanted to lose 3-4 lbs a week...not 3-4 lbs a month.....
but it averages about one pound a week. I am soooo happy.
I have now lost 41 lbs from my top weight !!!!!!

What is sooo nice about the whole thing is....
I was not dieting... I was just making those wiser choices.
Substituting grilled veggies for potatoes. Drinking water instead of diet pop. Giving my bread to my husband when we eat out. Reducing my carbs.
I feel like that is the "real me" now. I am not doing it because I am dieting... I am doing it because that is what I do now. Does that make sense ???
Boy does it feel GOOD.

I hope I keep this appreciation. I hope I don't start getting greedy and wanting to lose this weight NOW. I hope I just keep making wiser choices and choosing smaller portions.
Thanks for listening. I have to get busy now. We are moving and I have a LOT of cleaning, packing and every day chores to do.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:50 AM   #15  

CONGRATS' 2 CUTE!!!

Way to go with the weight loss. I think it's mostly about changing the way we eat. You changed those things and stuck to them and still lost when you thought you wernt doing so well. Keep up the good work and the positive attitude.

Tina: I posted.....tag your it....{{hugs}}

Amanda: I think your walking routine will help more than you know. And starting to work with hubby and watching what you eat....girl....you will melt away.

Barb: Sorry you lost your post, that happened to me yesterday, I went to look back at the other thread to do replies and poof I was gone....rrrrrrrrrr. better luck next time.

Michelle: Is it this Monday(today) or next Monday? Anyway we will drag your behind back up here on the seat no matter what Monday it is.

Okay, I've gotten everyone since my last post.....somebody elses turn....
Closed Thread