Signature and Profile Changes.......Sometimes

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • When I weighed this morning and had a weight loss, I realized that the first thing I did was race in here to the office and immediately update my signature and profile weights. It got me laughing at myself because when I lose, they get updated IMMEDIATELY. When I've gained.......well, most of the time I just figure that eventually what's posted will be correct again.

The even odder thing is that I'll write about the weight gain, but just can't bring myself to up the current weight on my siggie and profile. So, how nuts is that?
  • If that's nuts then I guess you can call us a can of mixed nuts . I do exactly the same thing!
  • I hear you! I feel like a mad woman updating my weight...if its good . I do it in the weigh in app I have, then I have to update myfitnesspal, then my sig, and then my profile.

If its bad it goes in the weigh in app, and then I see how I feel about the others...
  • I do the same thing, Betsy!
  • Totally with you. Mine doesn't move unless it's DOWN
  • Lol, I do the same exact thing!
  • Lol ok well just call me "almond" joy cuz om one of the nuts too lol!
  • mmmm almond joy... Another nut here.
  • Oh, it feels so good to know I'm not alone! I love mixed nuts and now I know why!
  • Quote: Totally with you. Mine doesn't move unless it's DOWN
    Absolutely this. Only exception was when I was stalled at a higher weight-eventually I caved and updated it about 1-2 lbs higher, but it came right back down in a little while
  • The way I see it, any setback is temporary because this is LONG TERM CHANGE.
  • Quote: I caved and updated it about 1-2 lbs higher, but it came right back down in a little while
    Oh my gosh!!!! I wonder if that is the secret to breaking a plateau! Raising the ticker to the higher weight instead of keeping it at the lower one.

And to think all this time we've been adjusting our caloric intake when it was as simple as changing the ticker
  • Yep! Same here....and I think today is the first time in 2-3 weeks I've been able to move it!
  • Quote: The way I see it, any setback is temporary because this is LONG TERM CHANGE.
    I agree 100%.

Quote: Oh my gosh!!!! I wonder if that is the secret to breaking a plateau! Raising the ticker to the higher weight instead of keeping it at the lower one.

And to think all this time we've been adjusting our caloric intake when it was as simple as changing the ticker
    You should try it. Who knows, your scale might just be sitting over there asking you, "Are you being honest with your ticker? No? Too bad then, your weight is going to stay right here until you're honest. That'll teach you!"
  • Quote: The way I see it, any setback is temporary because this is LONG TERM CHANGE.
    I definitely need to remember that!!!!! There are days (still too many of them) where just getting through the next five minutes without caving seems like an overwhelming task.