Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #16  

Height: 5'6

I am only 21, no kids, and lipo isnt an option for me. I do not want to go under the knife just to potentially have a "flat belly" and I'm in kinesiology, so we learned the true benefits of lipo and its not alot. Almost nothing actually. The difference is barely noticeable unless you're significantly overweight.

As for ovarian cysts/tumors.. I looked them up and I dont have any of the symptoms. Cysts are a little more likely though because (TMI) my periods are like **** on earth. I need to take Naproxen for them, prescribed by my doctor.

I still dont think its that however.. It doesnt look "bloated" or even rounder in shape which you typically see with tumors/cysts, it literally just looks fat. The two rolls are not symmetrical, it just looks.. fat haha.

I want to try pilates, but my gym doesnt seem to have a good program for it at all. :S I tried it, and it was definitely a different kind of pilates because it was more slow-paced and had a lot of older women in the class lol.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #17  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantha2 View Post
My round stomach runs in the family, but at a certain point in my weight fluctuation journey, I do lose there. Agree on Pilates. Would not personally do lipo though because I like my body the way it is. Also since going gluten free & wheat free, the stomach has healed from things that were bothering it & it tends for the most part to be flatter.

One more thing to OP, you look fabulous in your avatar, can't see anything large happening in ab area.
Thank you! I hide it well :P
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystreak View Post
As for ovarian cysts/tumors.. I looked them up and I dont have any of the symptoms. Cysts are a little more likely though because (TMI) my periods are like **** on earth. I need to take Naproxen for them, prescribed by my doctor.
Well at 21 I do think that is unlikely.
Emma4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 110/105

Height: 5'2

Diet change! I had a flubby lower tummy and lost it while nursing baby #4 as I was on a VERY strict diet due to her eczema (for about 4 mo all I ate was beef, chicken, pears, broccoli, apple, brown rice and added soy milk in the last month out of that 4). I not only went from 115# to 95# (and felt AWESOME-tons of energy), but I TOTALLY lost my belly. It was COMPLETELY flat and I didn't have to suck in! =)
THEN after I got done nursing her, it all came back when I went back to my old ways of eating =(
Had baby #5 in 2008 and had the flubby lower belly until last year when I tried the Raw Food Detox diet. I had been running 3-4X a week at this point and watching what I ate and was around 105# and 5'2 but STILL that yucky lower tummy! Only 3 days on that diet and very noticeable changes in my tummy! BUT, being who I am, I hopped off it and lost that =( I'm looking forward to trying it again though
rawbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #20  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I have pretty much finished losing weight and have been eating off my diet plan a bit. I notice when I eat poorly my stomach really grows. Like all my progress there goes out the window. I never really got much into ab excercises I seem to have focused in my arms first which I got to where I wanted, right now it's my butt and legs maybe soon it will be my stomach. Anyway when I have an event coming up where I want my stomach flatter I really watch my sodium and what I eat, usually within a week my stomach appears flatter. But one bad choice seems to stick with me there for days. I know my comment is not a permanent solution but when u have a bikini day coming up u can try my advice
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #21  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by happynottsgirl View Post
I think you should try regular strength training.
Yes. If you aren't pulling, pushing and picking up super heavy things you haven't exhausted your options! I know I'm prone to a fluffy tummy too and lifting made it MUCH better. Now I'm just at that point where I'm too lazy to eat correctly for a flatter tummy.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 75-165 / 67.9 / 62-135

Dear,

If you have rolls when you sit and haven't had kids yet, then you're fatter than you think.... (sorry:-/...).

If you've had kids, then it may be extra skin combined with poor abs, combined with...fat.

Do you drink a lot of alcohol and eat a lot of red meat?

I'm the same, I have thin legs, a tiny butt, but a man's belly (and, yes-I love beer). It's just the way we gain weight.

Diet until it goes away (and yes no carb works wonders)
Lumia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #23  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumia View Post
If you have rolls when you sit and haven't had kids yet, then you're fatter than you think.... (sorry:-/...).
Eh? Swimsuit models have rolls when they sit down. It's called being human. How fat you are determines the size of these rolls.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:02 AM   #24  

my best advice is to eat three meals a day, and stop eating at 5 pm or 6 pm at the latest. this will not only fix your sleeping shedule after a few days, but it will vanish the tummy because after one day my tummy was already looking flatter. eat your breakfast at like 7am. dont eat anything or chew or eat lollies or gum after 5 the point is to fix your body clock. the belly will melt off
Catherine54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:48 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine54321 View Post
my best advice is to eat three meals a day, and stop eating at 5 pm or 6 pm at the latest. this will not only fix your sleeping shedule after a few days, but it will vanish the tummy because after one day my tummy was already looking flatter. eat your breakfast at like 7am. dont eat anything or chew or eat lollies or gum after 5 the point is to fix your body clock. the belly will melt off
How does not eating after 5 make your tummy vanish? And what does it have to do with the body clock? This makes no sense at all.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
How does not eating after 5 make your tummy vanish? And what does it have to do with the body clock? This makes no sense at all.
Interesting because I had the flattest tummy when I didn't even wake UP until 5pm!

I guess Catherine is confusing stomach bloat in the evening with actual stomach fat.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote