Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #16  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Another former smoker here; I managed to quit in 2007 . . . and the best part for me was that I didn't gain any weight because of it!

While I did it cold turkey, I fully appreciate making small changes, as that's what's worked for me with my weight loss. You've already pulled off great success with your weight, so you'll be able to tackle this battle too.

Good luck to you! It sounds like you've already got a solid plan in motion.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #17  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Good for you! I'm 55 and smoked for 40 years. I quit smoking almost 2 months ago and, because I like to live dangerously, I started my diet the same day. So far, I have lost 14 lbs. I haven't had a smoke since I quit, and I have absolutely no desire to have a cigarette.

I strongly agree with the person who recommended Alan Carr's "Easy Way to Quit Smoking". I read this book and it really makes you think differently about smoking (nothing to do with health scares, etc.). Carr may drive you nuts because he keeps repeating himself. However, on the plus side, he's a former heavy smoker, he speaks in a way smokers will understand, and what he says makes a lot of sense. He takes away many of the fears smokers face when we quit. Since reading this book, I've had no desire to have a cigarette, no cravings, and no desire to eat in excess.

Good luck! Quitting is the best decision I've ever made.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #18  

Height: 5'8"

You can do it!

I know for me, Nicotine lozenges REALLY helped. I never tried the e-cig.
Mama2Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #19  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Ok, this is my first weekend, on this new challenge.

I've stuck to my rules.

However, like losing, and maintaining and lots of things, weekends are tough.

So, I see, I need to make better weekend plans.

The good news is, the Dh, another long time smoker, and myself talked about it this evening. He did ask me if I had an extra ecig to share!

Yes! So, we talked about it. And I showed him how it worked, and gave him one.

Right now we are kind of on an agree to comp, yet disagree plan. Long story. However, for the first time, we are not fighting about this issue.

He always said he could not quit, unless I did! Really, I lost weight, maintained, and never expected you to change your lifestyle. I never told him, he could not have another nasty hot dog, or made him, go walk or go to the gym or said he was doomed to a lifetime of veggies, no bacon, etc.

So, this is a good sign!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote