Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #31  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Oh I LOVE this thread. Things I have never heard before (all my friends are skinny minnies and they don't understand at all). This is Priceless!!!

I like double sided tape myself... tho I am waiting for someone to invent 3 - 4 underwires to hold up the boulders.

I really think that good loving friends are always trying to be helpful and encouraging. If they are good friends. If not then they might be trying to break you.. but your friends Jane sound like nice people with right intentions! I have to add too Jane, since I joined in February, your ticker just keeps going down down down down down. It is like watching an academy award movie that just gets better and better as you go thru the movie. YOU are such an inspiration!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 03-08-2013 at 08:17 PM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #32  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
No kidding ella! and I can't BELIEVE How many plus size strapless outfits there are out there, never mind regular size! Who can pull those off without duct tape and chicken wire?
Lol, exactly! I was so lucky that my MIL offered to make my wedding dress so I was able to have it cut exactly how I wanted. When I first started browsing wedding dresses to get ideas, 99% of them were strapless . . . even the plus sized ones, to my surprise. I've also got batwings to consider and they're not going to go away no matter how much more I lose; I needed sleeves if I wanted to be at all comfortable on the big day.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 245/161/140

Height: 5'3"

OMG I freaked out because of some random hairs I found on my CHEST. Apparently hormones do like to go crazy when you're losing weight.

Also, I got to the point I wore biking shorts underneath my dresses to get away from the annoying chub rub. >.<
Scondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #34  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

This thread is super hilarious and I get where your coming from Jane. Blah.. Sometimes people can be so insensitive and not even know it ya know. As far as FUPA goes I don't have a big issue with it and thank goodness hubby hasn't noticed it.
I cannot wait to lose this weight..
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 165/?/STRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Also, I love it when my skinny friends try and give me diet advice. I have some friends who think this is the best plan for everyone... They skip breakfast, eat a microwave veggie pack for lunch and then get to eat whatever they want for supper (Read: That means picking up something from each fast food place on the way home) Genius!
THIS. I have a very, very slender friend who said to me, "I don't see why you're always watching what you eat. You just need to run every day." This was when I was at the gym 5x a week. It made me so mad! LOL
CeeStahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #36  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Wannaskipandlaugh Wow... thank you! What an amazing thing to say! I'm just doing the best I can, and I couldn't do it without everyone here!

Elladorine I'm in the process of dreading a bridesmaid dress that comes strapless. Thankfully the bride looked at her 3 bust maids (we're all huge chested), and decided to have the seamstress add straps. Thank goodness!

Silverfire I love the automatic assumption that skinnier means healthier. My best friend is thin, has a gorgeous figure, but man do I laugh when she gives me diet advice, because she's the sickest person I know, and she eats like crap! Yet she's the first to tell me what I should eat (and then she never does it herself).

I just want to say that I do love my friends and they have great intentions. I just have to marvel at them thinking about me in a bikini!

My best friend and I have known each other since Junior High, and she's been very forthright about not really noticing my loss until she sees pictures etc. She's always said she didn't notice when I gained it. I posted a picture of me at my thinnest, around 16 years old, on facebook the other day and she said "See, when I see this photo, I go "That's Jane". That's what you look like to me, so I'm sorry if I'm not wowed by every inch you lose because I can't see it on you". Made my day.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #37  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Girls girls girls...here is a sad note...Fat, Skinny or in-between I have always had a FUPA. No getting around it. Talk about embarrassing, I guy I was going with told me one time I had a fat p*ssy. I dumped him.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 153/146/115 (HW of 198)

Height: 5'2

Omg I'd never heard of this Fupa thing....how have I been fat for 18 years and not know??? Am I one of these people? Ok, freak out aside...

I know!!! Seriously. I've never worn a bikini in my whole life and now suddenly because I've lost 50 lbs I can? Um....no I still need to lose 40 more before that's possible. Even my bf looked shocked when I mentioned I have 40 lbs left!!!

Why do they suddenly think you can eat gravy fries and because you went to one gym session McDonald's is ok?

No clue I tell ya!
Bex1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

I go through the same things. All my friends use the whole "You don't need to lose weight your fine how you look" speech and it's not about what they think its about how I feel! A lot of them will always want to go to all these chain restaurants which, upon looking into them, do not really offer anything semi healthy that I would eat so I always try to detour them to a mom and pop shop where I can calculate more easily how many calories are in my dinner and they do the whole "well one day won't kill you" look.

My dad is the same way. Always been in shape, has been the same size his whole life and last night I got home from school around 745-8 and he's like "your going to the gym now?! At 8 at night? Are you crazy?" He thinks my love for the gym is abnormal. But hey, I'm doing something right because I'm getting in shape and they aren't!! I try to teach people and educate them on certain things but sometimes you just can't haha
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 240/216/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm in the "had to Google fupa club". I have a floppy hangy lower belly and hate it! Really hope it drastically goes away with diet and exercise.

I have to say though, I keep calling it pufa in my head. Then I see me going around telling people to check out my pufa. I don't know why I see that because it is totally disturbing.
SweetAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #41  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Oh the f*ckin infamous FUPA. If I could just lose my FUPA I'd be happy as he||.

My fury comes because I do triathlons now and my stupid skinny friends (that do the tris with me) say stupid sh*t like, "I'll run with you." which infuriates me because I'm like, "B*tch! My run is your slow walk. STFU and stop walking next to me while I'm d@mn near out of breath and dying." or when my husband says, "Let's go for a run together." and his 6' tall @ss sprints and then fusses at me for not "keeping up." I can barely keep up when we're walking!!!

Clearly this is an anger provoking topic for me.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #42  
ChynaMartin

S/C/G: 220/Ticker/130

Oh the dreaded "thin friends" topic. I feel like every time I am around my thin friends all they do is compliment me on my weight loss and tell me I look "so good" and ask why I would possibly want to loose another 30 pounds... Maybe because I am uncomfortable with my body and the way it is right now.

Also not a fan of when someone tells me that they will "stay with me..." Actually... I dont need you to "stay with me" during a 5k... I will be fine alone. Not that I dont appreciate the support but it makes me feel foolish.

Last edited by Chyna Martin; 03-13-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Chyna Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #43  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I've never run a marathon but one of the most humiliating moments of my life was when my guy friend stayed back from an obstacle course everyone else was doing because he didn't want me to be alone for 3 hours and there wasn't any way in **** I could do it. He said it just wasn't his thing, but I knew he did it for me and I felt so bad
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #44  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyna Martin View Post
Oh the dreaded "thin friends" topic. I feel like every time I am around my thin friends all they do is compliment me on my weight loss and tell me I look "so good" and ask why I would possibly want to loose another 30 pounds... Maybe because I am uncomfortable with my body and the way it is right now.

Also not a fan of when someone tells me that they will "stay with me..." Actually... I dont need you to "stay with me" during a 5k... I will be fine alone. Not that I dont appreciate the support but it makes me feel foolish.
All of this!!!

All of my friends are like, "You've lost over 100lbs! Surely you must be at your goal!" and I'm all, "stfu." They act like idiots when I say I want to lose another 40+.

And yeah, I hate the "Stay with me" thing too.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 238/205.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Oh my gosh, I can really relate! My skinny friends always start freaking out when I tell them I've lost 30 lbs, like they think I'm starving myself or something (definitely not the case - it's taken me almost 8 months to lose that much). Then they REALLY freak when I tell them I have 75 lbs more to go! Just because they're thin and it would be unhealthy/impossible for them to lose that amount of weight, they assume that me losing weight is also unhealthy, despite me weighing more than double what they weigh.

The only people who support me in my weight loss are my other overweight friends. Oy.

My thin friends also constantly tell me I look great and don't need to lose weight. I always point out that I'm literally obese and have health concerns, and that shuts them up pretty quick.

When I was near goal a few years back (around 138 lbs), I also had the problem of everyone telling me I was getting too skinny and to stop losing weight, despite me being a very healthy size eight. It's like people can't picture me as anything other than overweight, and when I start to defy their expectations, their solution is to tell me to stop being so healthy.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote