Positive Self Talk

• Ok, this may sound a bit corny, but quit beating your self over the head about negative things and quit saying negative things to yourself about yourself.

Positive self talk is a good thing.

Say something, anything, positive to yourself and about your self every single day, while you are looking in a mirror, at YOU!

I see that so many things we say and think about ourselves, in a million years, we would never dream of saying to another person.

So, if you would not say it to some one else, why in the world would you say it to yourself?

The most important person in the world that you can love is yourself, because if you can't do that, you really can't give anything of any importance back to anyone else!
  • You are absolutely right.
  • Quote: You are absolutely right.

Like!
  • I agree 200%!
    Everything is so much easier when being positive
  • This is one of my resolutions for the new year and beyond. I am big on talking to myself out loud to motivate myself - it works for me. This time I am trying the "You can do it!" approach, rather than "Why are you here again?!" approach. It's going really well so far
  • I agree!
  • Corny ? YEA ! I love it .Its what you project that you have to live with.
  • I'm going to try this. It's funny, but I'm a very upbeat, positive, and optimistic person -- that is, until it comes to self-reflection. Then I become my worst critic. I make myself responsible for all the problems in my world.
  • This is great advice and a great message! I am going to start by sayign one positive thing OUT LOUD about myself each morning in the mirror.
  • This is an awesome point...like quack addict...i am my own worse enemy..very negative about myself. However since right before christmas I have been more positive about myself. It's a great feeling, I am on my way to being my best cheerleader! I feel so much better when I am positive all day! Thanks for reinforcing it shcirerf
  • Quote: This is great advice and a great message! I am going to start by sayign one positive thing OUT LOUD about myself each morning in the mirror.

I do this every morning, after I get out of the shower! In my birthday suit!

Confession, I've been strength training, and have some pretty awesome arms, I flex in the mirror! And I know that when I get to work at my job at the veterinary hospital, I'm strong and I can do my job!

I'm 53, I had twins that weighed over 6 pounds each, a lot of things aren't what they used to be, but, the body is an amazing thing! And we only get one, ya gotta love it!
  • Love this thread....My DH put up a mirror in our bedroom last week...I had resolutely refused to have one for years such is my aversion to them. But somehow he managed to buy a gorgeous one and put it up for me as a surprise... I'll tell you the truth I wasn't feelin it. I gave him a big hug but inside I was thinking how am I going to avoid this one!

This thread has turned me around. Tonight I will salute all the 3 Fat Chicks and break a habit of years and find something positive to say....

Thanking uuuu...
  • Funny, this was actually my new years resolution! to just be more positive in general. I want to try smiling even though I have no reason to. And I want to seriously cut back on any slight forms of complaints or whining.