Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Height: 6'

Default Back, and Bigger than before

Well... here I am, back to my highest weight and unhappy as ever. The last time I was one here was in August and I just lost my momentum because of school starting again, and didn't have the self restraint to start again.

And because of this I am back now to my highest weight, and I am SICK OF IT. Im tired of my clothes not fitting. Im tired of looking at my pictures taken of me and having a double chin. I look back to the 7 weeks I was losing weight this last summer and I NEVER FELT BETTER! I sleeping amazing, I had clear skin, I was seeing clothes on my body that I hadn't worn in years. I want to feel that way again!

This site really helped me last time. I wont be able to be on here as much as in the summer because of school, but the point is I think it will help keep me accountable and ready to go back to work. Spring break is in 14 weeks, my mini goal is to lose at least 14 pounds by then, which means by April I want to be down to 173 at least! I am ready to work at this again. I have PCOS and I know eating healthy and exercise is the key to me being able to be a Mom someday- my ultimate goal! Its amazing how much being a mom means to you when you are told that unless you change, you most likely wont be one. Im only 18, but still, I want to get myself healthy NOW! so that I can be a good mom and help raise a healthy and active family.

If anyone read this, THANK YOU! It means a lot to me. If any of you have any advice on getting back on the wagon, staying motivated, please share!
KatieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

I was going to start my own thread before I saw yours! I know EXACTLY how you feel right now. I just tried on some old work clothes (am starting a new job, yay) and pretty much all of them are too tight. I know I can drop all the weight I put back on now that I'll be extra busy, but I'm sitting here worried about what my new co-workers will think of me appearance-wise, etc. It's demoralizing!

Anyways, I think setting a goal like you've done is a great thing. I think I'm going to set my own, too.
Mimasaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #3  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

One word: LOGGING!

I was pushing myself excessively hard and was struggling to lose weight like crazy last year. I sort of snapped into a relapse when some big life issues came up (car was broken down for months, adopted a needy puppy, had to put my cat to sleep, a cousin was dying of cancer, was trying to sort out old issues with a family member that was going through a divorce, etc.). And boy, did I ever snap! I'd been either losing weight or maintaining my losses since 2004(!), and last fall was my only significant regain in that time. I went from 243 to 267 in a matter of months. All that hard work and struggling last year felt as if it did nothing but tease me. I was already in the 260's by early December when I found out I was pregnant for the first time, surprise!

After a lot of excited planning with my husband and extended family (my sister-in-law was pregnant too!), my health had a major wake-up call in mid-January . . . all the hopes and dreams of my first baby ended in a miscarriage. Not that I want to be all depressing, but sometimes that harsh reality slaps us in the face and resets our priorities. I decided I couldn't let my health go any longer. I stopped the insanity of gaining like mad while giving myself time to mourn and mentally prepare myself for the long haul of a healthier lifestyle. I took new photos of myself to file away for later (they were really hard to look at but I knew I'd appreciate them after making some progress). I shopped around and bought a pretty day planner from Barnes & Noble. I thought through my meal and snack choices, and wrote out ideas for healthier substitutes. I started copying down nutrition information of what would work for my new plan from my favorite restaurants. I reminded myself of what worked for me before and what didn't. And on March 5th, I took the big plunge with my new commitment; my biggest step was writing down my every meal in the pretty day planner. Later on I started recording other events and ideas in that planner, anything I was doing or wanted to do that would contribute to a healthier lifestyle. I also log my weekly weigh-in on the pages. My major rule? I have to fill that book up, I just have to; no ifs, ands, or buts. Even if I'm having a really crappy day and don't want to log my food, I do it anyway and even write a little to explain how I'm feeling. I can look back on my choices more objectively the following day and do better the next time I'm in a similar situation.

I can't say that logging a day planner will work for you, because everyone's a little different; you just have to find something that calls to you. Some really like the digital logging through websites and/or apps that track all the macronutrients for you. I happen to like having and holding something physical that I write in by hand, and I've found it's much harder to "forget" when I keep the planner sitting next to my favorite chair (I always "forget" to log digitally, lol). I personally don't count calories, carbs, or anything like that (doing so makes me anxious and even bitter) but I do remain "calorie aware," watch my portion sizes, stay away from simple carbs as much as possible, and try to eat a lot of veggies. I do think that logging in and of itself is important, no matter how you choose to do it! It's a way of staying aware and accountable for your actions, and gives you a chance to review and tweak your plan as necessary.

So give it a try! Commit yourself to a certain time frame (maybe a month) and see how it goes. Track everything you eat, record your exercise, write down/type how you feel, and note when you take prescription drugs, OTC's, and any supplements. Look for patterns and make positive changes. I personally have an enormous sense of accomplishment whenever the week is over and I get to tear the little corner out of the page; it means I'm another week closer to a healthier, happier me! It doesn't take much effort and the rewards make it so worth the small amount of time it takes. It's so easy to eat something and forget it later, or not even realize it at all. Tracking helps avoid falling into the trap of forgotten/denied food.

I see that you'd like to lose a pound a week. That's what I've been averaging ever since I started the planner (41 pounds in 43 weeks)! For me it's been an enormous motivation and I credit all the weight I've lost this year to keeping that little book. I have a weight loss charm bracelet and one of the charms is a book to represent my planner, it's that important to me. I also take new photos every so often and compare them to the ones I filed away earlier this year; I still have days where it feels like I've accomplished nothing so they're a great reminder that all this work is indeed paying off.

Oh, and one more thing I do . . . I use a free app on my phone to make an actual chart for my weight every week (which works better than the one you see in my signature since it's easier to see). It gives me something visual to look at other than my body, which is often hard to see objectively. It helps because there are many times I want to throw in the towel just because I didn't lose for the week, but if I stop to look at the overall trend, I can see my weight slowly but surely climbing downward. Here is a screencap I took of it last month.

Good luck to you! Do some thinking and planning, and figure out what kind of tracking you can stick with and get started. Think of how much better you'll feel after you get a few days, weeks, and months under your belt. While I don't have PCOS, I'm like you in that I want to be a mom someday, and neither of us can allow any health issues to get in the way of that. Do what you can now to establish healthy habits and ensure a strong, bright future for yourself and your family. You'll be thankful for it later.

Last edited by Elladorine; 12-28-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #4  
MaryKay

S/C/G: 230/221/175

Height: 5'11

I completely understand where you are coming from. A couple of years ago I broke up with my ex bf and I was the heaviest i have ever been. I worked really hard and lost 70 pounds in about 6 months.

About a 1 1/2 years ago I met my current bf. He's amazing and I love everything about him..exceot for his metabolism! He eats a package of oreos for dinner and never gains anything....I look at a salad and I've gained 10 pounds! I'm now heavier then I was 2 years ago

I've never used this site before, so I hope I can gain some inspiration from the other people on here!
MaryKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 194 pounds/ Goal weight: 171 p

Height: Female, 1.78 or 5 foot 10

I can relate... too much.

I keep trying to control my weight and as soon as there is some kind of stress or big temptations, I succumb to them and have to go on a diet again.

I lost 44 pounds during the year 2010 and reached my goal weight. During the summer of 2011 I went to Spain. The food at the hotel was so bad, there was nothing to eat but hamburgers, pizzas and ice cream. We tried to get healthy food, but it was cold and awful. So we ate the unhealthy food. That was the downfall. After that I gained most of my weight back.

I´m back on track and this is the fourth day on my new lifestyle diet.
Rosamaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

This definitely sounds familiar....I hit my goal weight of 180(got a few pounds below that but started looking WAY to thin for my body type) in April of this year, and after I blew out my ankles running, kinda got unfocused on keeping track...a few months creped by, and after having trouble wearing my 14's when I was in a comfortable size 12 in april, I stepped on the scale and hit 191 again...I was PISSED...All that weight went back to my belly

It took a little bit for me to get back into it. I ended up just maintaining that 191 weight for 3 months or so and about a month and 1/2 ago I got serious about losing again. Forced myself to get back into my weightloss mode, and now, I've managed to drop 5 of those pounds. But I look fitter then I did when I hit my goal.

What worked for me was starting slow...gradually getting my eating under control again with calorie counting, then hitting the gym and focusing on fitness goals rather then just weightloss. And of course, comming back on this forum. This place gives me MASSIVE modivation....

Good luck getting back on track. Your pretty similar in height and weight to me, and I bet that even though you gained a few pounds you still look fab...No one ever notices a small gain on tall girls, except ourselfs Muha

Last edited by baker23; 12-28-2012 at 03:04 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #8  

Good luck!
karen98745 is offline   Reply With Quote