Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Default Learning from binging

So now I know that I can no longer buy the breakfast/protein bars "Zone Perfect," since they've now become a big-time trigger food for me. Despite my best intentions, I wound up eating an entire box of five bars after buying one late yesterday, though I should only eat two for breakfast once a day. Yesterday I gobbled a whole box down, then followed it up with devouring most everything in the refrigerator and pantry and seeing my waist go up a half-inch overnight. I utterly felt like crap before bed and turned in early in misery. I also blew off going to the gym, though I had planned on it all day. In hindsight, I see that as bad as hunger pangs can be when sticking to my diet, the after-effects of binging are worse. I'm going to remember that the next time I'm tempted to eat more. It was an expensive lesson.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/154/120

I think it's great to learn what your triggers are. I'm starting to learn that, too, after making some mistakes. A big one for me has been the holidays and other "special" days (trips, weddings) etc. It's weird, because the last time I lost weight, I don't remember having as much trouble with these things. But anyway, I think the important thing is to learn and not beat yourself up over it. I am guessing pretty much everyone trying to lose weight has bad days sometimes.
Tesalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I used to always dive into a bucket of fried chicken when I had to deal with my mother. (She is a piece of work!) I broke up with her a year ago and have happily had a fairly KFC-free existence since then. Then this week, I had to deal with her again and was surprised to find how badly I wanted to go to KFC right after the encounter (which lasted only 5 minutes!). I did some hard thinking about it, thought about the other days over the last year when I wanted to take a run for KFC. Every one of those moments was about dealing with someone who was invading my life and trying to coerce me into something I didn't want.

So now I'm thinking about a plan of attack so that my KFC buttons aren't pushed. Rule #1...stay away from manipulative people!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
I used to always dive into a bucket of fried chicken when I had to deal with my mother. (She is a piece of work!) I broke up with her a year ago and have happily had a fairly KFC-free existence since then. Then this week, I had to deal with her again and was surprised to find how badly I wanted to go to KFC right after the encounter (which lasted only 5 minutes!). I did some hard thinking about it, thought about the other days over the last year when I wanted to take a run for KFC. Every one of those moments was about dealing with someone who was invading my life and trying to coerce me into something I didn't want.

So now I'm thinking about a plan of attack so that my KFC buttons aren't pushed. Rule #1...stay away from manipulative people!
I think that's smart. The best way to avoid the triggers is to have a plan in advance.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote