Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Welcome to the board! I know when I am consistent with checking in I'm MUCH better at making wiser food choices. Fortunately for me I love to work out and stuff, but food...argh.

For me preplanning, maybe not the exact meals but in general, what I can eat means food is nonnegotiable most of the time. I know what I'm eating and then it's done. I know that works for me and while my husband may not like the limited choices in the house, he can get other stuff or whatever (as I was told by MIL that it is mean to make everyone diet--we don't diet per se--we eat healthy and Coke with every meal is not).

I want to echo again it is NOT linear. Some weeks you will stall, maybe gain, other times you'll be so flipping happy to see a huge loss. You CAN do it.

I also want to say this is one of the most supportive forums I've ever been on, and the only times I've seen "dust ups" are when someone is upset and takes things in a way they were not intended (and usually comes back and says "I'm sorry I misunderstood/was stressed or whatever) OR purposeful trolls. Fortunately, the long timers here figure them out and don't feed them.

Good luck and holidays are hard, but now think you can come up with some great healthy meals if you like to cook so it's a new adventure!
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote