Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default Consistently losing same amount each month

So after my recent plateu I lost 4 lbs all in one week a good nice woos, but I notice in prior months that I will do this and that's it. Yes I know it's great I'm losing 5 lbs a month but technically I'm creating a deficit for 1000 calories on work out days, like it's very frusterating to know in the past 3 months I've lost 15 lbs avg 5 lbs a month. I know it's good to lose something but to know I work so hard and to get half the results, weight loss is confusing and I have a wedding to get feeling better about myself for. So I guess this is more of a plea for advice, and a vent as well.

Here's my stats

5'4
Avg calories in 1300-1600 a day
Burn anywhere 350-600 calories for a work out day
I run 3 days a week (c25k)
And I just started shred

So I'm working on new things than the past 3-4 months but Idk what new I could do. Hrmmm help?
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Sorry it's so frustrating! Like you said, you're on the right path, but I understand wanting to lose more. When I was your weight I consistently ate around 1300 and only lost around 8lbs per month.

My only advice is to double check your calorie intake- do you have a way to average it for the month? When I was eating a "range" I ended up averaging far closer to the high end than I would have liked, and was losing much more slowly as well. You should lose about 2.5lbs more a month by averaging 1300 than you would by 1600.

Last edited by kelly315; 09-14-2012 at 03:11 PM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #3  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I am not sure I understand your post. What exactly is frustrating you? Is it that you aren't losing fast enough by some measure? What measure is that?

Your body will lose as fast as it loses. In fact your average weight loss over the long term probably gives you a better idea of what your actual calorie deficit is, than any calculator you might rely on.

I think instead of feeling frustrated for losing at the phenomenal rate of 5 pounds per month, you should keep up the great work and be thrilled with yourself and what you have accomplished. It's more productive in the long run than wasting energy being frustrated with results that are better than most people ever see.

Look at it another way. Suppose you gained 60 pounds in a year. That's a lot, right? It would be pretty shocking to put on so much weight so quickly.

So why be unsatisfied with losing at the same shocking rate?
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #4  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

i figured out when i lost a few years back that 5 lbs/month was the absolute maximum that my body wanted to give up no matter how hard i worked.

it can be frustrating, but at least you're off your plateau!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

*sigh* see I'm thrilled I've lost weight, very very thrilled. It's just daunting to know there's a high chance I won't be the weight I planned on being for my wedding, that's what I'm feeling dredful about, I want to feel and look good for my wedding at the end of march and not feel eh about the pictures and will want to display them properly in our new house. I do plan to lose after the wedding but I was hoping to be atleast 160s by that time that's around 40 lb by feb ( gotta go Into maintenance because of the dress being altered.)

So my worrying is half aggrivation, half feeling jittery about how I'll look on my wedding day, and another extra half motivation to fine tune my lifestyle to where I'm gettin the most out of what I'm doing.
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote