Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 06:50 PM   #16  
burned out bus driver

I'm back.........actually I came online to do some research on a movie for Ds's bday party- which is Friday. At this point I am so furious with him and Dh that I would just like to take myself on a weekend retreat all by myself........but that is another story.

But being that I got rid of my post before (hit a wrong key)- I'll attempt to put back what was lost.

Spryng- all I can say is hang in there. When I was pregnant with Ds, money was so tight- every cent spent had to be justified- analyzed- scrutinized. Money was so tight. But somehow, the Lord does provide....... and gets us thru tough times. You are also dealing with super hormones......hang in there- we are always here for you with a big hug and a smile.

Jackie-what a loving DIL you are and a blessing to your family.
I consider it an honor that you were selected POA- but yes it will be a burden at times. But I do believe that you will be blessed for all that you do. I hope that Dh does too!!!! I love the bacon story......sounds like something that happened with Ds and I only a few weeks ago. Ah, these sons of ours will drive us to the looney bin - but then I am half way there already! I hope that you get to the WW meeting!!!!!! It will be so neat to compare what they cover- and we can cheer each other on.

As for my meeting she covered taking a high calorie/high point food that we crave from any of these categories: ethnic foods, "mood foods", desserts, meals away from home- and find a replacement that is better/lower in points. The example was M&M's (a personal weakpoint of mine too!)- and one member suggested Kudo's M&M bars- which have real M&M's in them and are only 2 points!!!!! (sounds good to me!). Others brought up tortilla chips- fast foods etc......whatever your weakness is. Mine is basically sweets......so I guess I will try out the Kudo's. I am still in shock that I lost- this was a tough week and PMS time is around the corner.
Gotta go-Misty, Karen and Melissa we miss you!!!!!
Have a good nite!
Ginny
Old 03-27-2003, 12:58 PM   #17  
burned out bus driver

Another busy day on tap......tonight I am speaking at a Village Hearing on a development that is proposed- that will basically ruin the nice quiet area we live in. So, no time for a long hello, as I have to finish my notes and begin straightening up for Ds's bday party- 7, 13/14 year old boys sleeping over.
Got my 20 min walk in this am............and so far so good with eating. Hope everyone is ok- Jackie, Spryng, Misti, Mel, Karen.
Take care!
Ginny
Old 03-27-2003, 01:38 PM   #18  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Im Here!!

Life is just been crazy the last few weeks. I am at crunch time with my deadlines and havent had time to do anything!

BUT the good news is that My Gym opens tomorrow!! WOO HOO!! So after I drop the kids off.. you know where I am headed. I cant wait!

I just wanted to check in and let you know where I am at. I should have this last afghan done over the weekend so I will post more then!

Hugs to all!!

Karen
Old 03-27-2003, 02:15 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Karen so glad to hear from you! I hope the gym is just what you need/want. I wish there was one around here to join, but there's not. Not even one. But that's ok. I have my recumbant bike waiting for me after the baby gets here. Plus I will start walking too around my neighborhood.
Ginny, congrats on your 2# loss!! That is fantastic espcially since you didn't feel as though you did very good last week. See? You did!! Keep up the good work!
Jackie, thank you so much for all your kind words. You are a great friend! It's so strange that I feel so close to someone I've never actually met. But you are very special to me
Well, I am having a good day. The other day was just a low one for me. I got over it. I know this baby will be taken care of so I need to quit worrying about material things and just focus on being healthy and happy the duration of this pregnancy. So I feel 1000% better about it all today. But I have been a bit lazy today lol. Yesteday I cleaned and cleaned and the house looks great! SO last night after dinner I was too tired to clean up and still haven't today. I have a pile of dishes screaming my name... but they aren't going anywhere... maybe I'll do them after the kids get up from their naps. But other than that all is well here.
Guess I'll get off here. I was hoping to get even lazier and teal a nap too!! I'm terrible I know. lol. Talk to you all later!
Old 03-27-2003, 04:02 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

I DID IT!! Well, I actually did TWO things for "ME"!! My first step: I went to my first Weight Watcher's meeting today! Well, at least the first one I went to in over 10 years! My second step was: To hop on their scale & face reality!! Oh my!, I knew I was up there, but didn't realize I weighed that much!! I'm so glad that I went today & not yesterday. As yesterday was depressing enough for me! Today is a different & better day for me. I took the weigh in like a grain of salt. It's enough to make me think twice before putting something in my mouth, but not bad enough to throw me over the edge! Thanks for all those PM's & phone calls, gals!! I really appreciated them! I was kind of disappointed in todays meeting though. Ginny's meetings seem a lot more informative & more upbeat. Our topic today was about 2 things: (1) Chocolate substitutes (2) Low-fat cheese & substitutes. I guess I was looking for topics like: How to conquer the moody munchies & things like that! I was pleased that I only had to pay $15.00 for registration though! I ended up buying 2 packs of 2 pt. bars & also a food journal. Ginny: You busy gal, you! I hope that you voice your opinion well tonight! Good luck with Mark's party too! Welcome to the world of a 14 y/o boy!
I've noticed a BIG hormonal difference in my ds since he turned 14! Thank goodness their hormone's are nothing compared to a teenage girl! Congrats on getting your 20 min. walk in & also for losing some more weight! You go girl!! Well, I'm here to be your WW buddy, want one? Spryng: I'm glad you're feeling better today. As for your laziness goes:
Don't worry, you have a good enough of an excuse!! It's amazing on how fast a kitchen can fall apart! What a relief to have a dishwasher now, huh? Karen:
It's good to hear from you again. I forgot, just how many afghans did you make? Good for you that you are on your last one! Have fun at the GYM tomorrow. Going back to the "Y" will be step (3) for me. I'm hoping to go next week. Once you make the first step, it's so much easier to go the next time. It's so good for you too! Do I sound psyched? You know what gals? It looks as though we have enough motivated people at this thread again, so why don't we set some challenges? Anyone game for it? Well ladies, I have to get off the 'puter & finish my work around the house before dh gets home from his 4-day business trip. TTFN!
Old 03-28-2003, 05:42 PM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
I cant believe that I am actually sneaking on here.........Ds and his buddies are outside playing hoops- Dh went to get the pizza (instead of bossing me around.... ) so I snuck on to say hello!
Karen- great to hear from you!!!!! Want to tell us a bit about the last afghan? (I do love to crochet!). I am glad that you'll have more time to visit with us. That is excellent news that your gym opens soon!!!! Enjoy that workout!!

Spryng- I am so glad that you are feeling better today. Sorry about the dishes and housework, but you know, it is very patient!! Housework always waits for you.......... But you are right about focusing on the baby and feeling good. That is the most important thing for you right now.

Jackie- Hey there my new WW buddy!!!!! You had the same thing as me- I got on their scale and was in for one big shock. But - be positive- you are NOT going to weigh that next week- or ever again for that matter!!!!!!! Did you get the recipe for the whoppee pies in your book. They came out really well- but do not keep- however, I found that freezing them worked out ok.
I have a good recipe for Oatmeal applesauce muffins that are only 3 points- they are not really sweet but nice with tea or for a quick breakfast. I would be happy to post the recipe if anyone wants it.
Oh, Dh is back with the pizza. Gotta go!!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 03-29-2003, 08:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Weekend Everyone!

Ginny: I knew you would sneak on for a visit in the middle of Marks Birthday party! Oh, I know you so well! Well, I hope that the boys let your household get enough sleep last night. To overnight sleepovers, what's sleep anyways? They should just take the "sleep" out & replace it with "stay". Now-back to the more serious stuff: I didn't hear about the two recipes that you were talking about but I'm sure I'll run across them eventually. Now, for me staying within my points for the day-I didn't do too shabby until dinnertime. I was a good girl & ordered poorman's lobster & rice pilaf for my take home Friday night fish fry. Unfortunately, I ended up eating the yummy seafood chowder. I guess I'll have to stay below my points range for the weekend to make up for it. Oh golly gee, I'm starting to dose off here. I guess I'll go back to bed for an hour or so. See yah later!

Last edited by Freckles; 03-29-2003 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:17 AM   #23  
burned out bus driver

Ahhhhhhhh,
some peace and quiet.............Ds and the last buddy to leave just went out for a walk and although it looks as though my family room floor is now wearing a popcorn rug, all is well! These kids are a hoot- I wish that I had not been so tired from the night before (3 1/2 hours of sleep)- as it would have been live entertainment to stay up and just listen to them. What a great bunch of kids- and so funny when together. I cannot imagine how thier teachers get anything done with them......if it were me I would be laughing all the time.

Jackie- the recipes are in the week one book-"Getting Started" on page 53. Another great recipe is the GardenVegetable soup on page 50 that has 0, yes no, points a serving. I have had that a few times for dinner- when I was bad earlier- or not really hungry.
As a matter of fact, I should make another batch. I know that you have been on WW before- and I found that it took a few days to really get in gear, to get the right foods in the house and the right meals on the schedule. Don't be hard on yourself, ok???
We are going to do this together, right??? And how well you do know me, my friend. So, did you get any good info on Chocolate and cheese substitutes??? (as if there is a substitute for chocolate!!) But - I did buy a box of the M&M Kudo's (2 points) and while they are not the same as eating a handful (for for me a large bagfull ) of M&M's they do sub in nicely. BTW- I got the catalog. What nice items!!!!! (sort of reminds me of Home Interiors, only better). I have not had much time to look- and think I will leave it out at the garage and see what kind of interest I can generate. I'll keep in touch about that.
Well, I had better get off the computer. I think I'll go make a pot of that soup- this morning I had a donut for breakfast (6 points )- but this was planned. Dh and I go once a year for annual blood screening (routine stuff, blood counts- blood chemistry- cholesterol) that the Lions sponsor each year. The cost of the tests are very reasonable (probably about $200 of tests for $36)- after which they have coffee, juice and donuts/bagels. Its the only way (not the food, that it is cheap and I am going also!) to get Dh to get his cholesterol checked. The results are also sent to our Dr- in case there is a problem. Ok, Ginny.........enough babbling!!!!

Have a great spring weekend!!!!
Ginny
Old 03-29-2003, 12:03 PM   #24  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi All!

Jackie - I remember that feeling well whe I stepped on the scale at the Dr's office not that long ago and realized I had gained back more than the 15 pounds I thought I had.... But Like Ginny said.. you wont weight that next week! Good for you getting to a meeting!

Ginny - That b-day party sounds like fun! My kids arent old enough for sleep overs.. but I am looking forward to it! Am I crazy??? I would love it if you posted some of those recipes! I love WW recipes! I have several cookbooks from WW that I still use all the time. Have you tried the 8 point Tuna Casserole dinner or the 6 point Polenta and Italian Sausage dinner? YUMMY!

As for me, I did go to the gym yesterday and did the treadmill for 30 minutes and then weights for about 20 minutes. I have a consutation appointment on monday and am really excited about it! I am going to love working out here I think! I decided that Mondays are going to be my WI days.. And I will take my measurements Every first monday of the month to see how I am doing! I also have the gym scheduled as appointments in my calendar. So I am ready! Some one .. Jackie I think .. memtioned a challenge? I am game.. anyone have a idea?

Ok.. I am off.. Got to go to T-Ball Practice... I am team mom this year! I have a ton of stuff to get together for everyone!

Hugs to all!
Old 03-29-2003, 05:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Wow. I miss a few days and feel like I have been away forever! I'm in Ohio at my folks for my bestest friends (since we were knee high to a grasshoper) wedding. Oh boy do I have a story to tell you gals. Well... I'm in the wedding. So yesterday we went to the have our final alterations on our gowns. I put mine on and guess what?? It was to tight in the belly. I mean it had to be taken out 1/2 an inch! So I'm thinking how on earth is this happening?? I'm maintaining weight but my jeans were getting to tight to button... funny things like this. So it kinda dawned on me... I haven't missed a pill (bc) in months, but my period was a day late. I had really chalked it up to nerves cause of the drive here and the wedding. Well to be safe I picked up a home pregnancy test and guess what. It was positive! Looks like I slipped thru that 1% of the pill not being totally effective. Talk about being shocked. WoW. So I called my DH and told him. He really had a good belly laugh. He is absolutly delighted. I am too. I'm really worried about having taken the pill all this time and not being very mindfull of what I put in my body. I will be so glad to get back home and see Dr. Mary. Say lots of prayers for us that the baby is healthy girls. I will certianly appreciate it.
I wish I could address all of you. I just realized I need to get to the church to help decorate.
I'm keeping up with all of you tho. Hope you all are having a great weekend!!!

Last edited by K2BMe; 03-29-2003 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:21 PM   #26  

Oh Misty!!! How wonderful!! Now you can join Mel and I in our pregnancy expeditions!!! How far along do you think you are?? Do you remember when you last period was? I am so happy for you!! Please keep us updated ok?? Wow, I am so thrilled!!!
Karen it sounds like you have a plan! I'm so glad you love your gym. That really helps make exericse much easier and more enjoyable. Boy do I wish there was one around here. Can't wait to read about your progress!
Ginny, glad to hear the sleepover was a success. It's good to know that your son is good at picking friends. Sounds like they really enjoyed themselves and you enjoyed having them. What fun. I love to invite Dh's 13 year old cousin over. He's a riot. We play gamecube together after my little ones go to bed and we have such a blast. Now he wants to come visit me and not DH!! I guess I am more fun lol.
Jackie, don't worry about not being perfect on your first day of ww eating. You will get it down. Plus you have Ginny to help you out. Take it easy and it will become routine to you soon. Are you using your bike again? That will be great in helping you get some extra points in a day. I know you will do great on WW so just keep your chin up and before you know it the lbs will be slipping away.
My day has been great. DH was kind enough to let me sleep in. I really needed it. I think that 3rd trimester fatigue is affecting me a few days early I go to bed about 10 o'clock every night, get up at 8:30 and have to nap in the afternoon when the kids do. That's alot of sleep! But I seem to need it more. But anyway, I got 12 hours in last night so I am feeling pretty good today. Then I got up and we all went out for lunch, went to a resale shop and got one little sleeper for 11 cents!! That was the only little boy infant thing they had and it is so cute and only 11 cents! What a steal. Now I wish they had more!! But at least it's a start in my clothes shopping for him. Came home and the kids played outside for a while, Dh cleaned the living room and I attacked the kitchen and a load of laundry so now I am done with housework and can enjoy the day. That always feels good. SO so far it's been a good day. DH is gone to work now and I have the rest of the evening with myself and my kids. They are watching roger rabbit at the moment. Never knew they would like that movie so much. But they don't budge when its on.
Well, guess I've written enough now. I am still in shock about Misty! I know a few posts back she said she was feeling like she wanted another baby but knew it wasn't the right time or whatever....well, mother nature had other things planned for her! I know she is so happy and I am for her.
Misty, please don't leave us again now that you are expecting ok?? We will love to stay updated on you and your pregnancy. It's so much fun!!
Talk to you ladies later! have a great saturday!
Old 03-30-2003, 05:17 PM   #27  
burned out bus driver

Hi!!!!!!!
Oh , my gosh, I have not been here for a wee little while......and look at all the posts!!!
Michele- congrats!!!!!That is just awesome news on your pregancy! Don't worry too much about the baby..... I was pregnant with Dd (youngest) and I mean just pregnant- as in less than a week - and I had a mammogram! And she is as normal as any kid of mine can be (being that I am a wee bit wacky). My Dr was not concerned about the mammo-. What exciting news.

Karen- sounds like you have a plan there...complete with excercise and WI's. Good luck!!!!!! I'll join you in a challenge- but with WW steady loss (but slow) is encouraged. So, I am not sure what to do there. How 'bout an Easter challenge??? 5# by then?

Spryng- glad that Dh gave you a breather and let you sleep in a bit!!!!! (ain't it great?) Good too that you got some cleaning and baby stuff........(I love baby clothes, and always got bummed when my little ones outgrew stuff).

Sorry that this is so short- my little one wants to play 'puter.
Have a great Sunday!
Ginny
Old 03-30-2003, 06:50 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Oh I'll be around. It seems like my life will be slowng down alot here in the next few months. I'm still in shock. It's hilarious tho because all the clothes I packed seem to fit like I let them in the dryer to long. I'm so excited to get back home and see Dr Mary. I really have no idea how far I could be. We tried to figure it out last night and it seemed to come out anywhere from 6-2 weeks. My last period wasn't much to say and my siser seems to think my taking the pill caused me to spot. Its so wild.
I'm glad to hear you are getting plenty of rest Spryng. You def. need it.
And thanks Ginny for the words of encouragement. It's so hard not to worry tho. Oh and your no wackier than the rest of us!
Ok well I gotta get the girls outa grampy hair Have a great night!
Old 03-31-2003, 10:05 AM   #29  

Good morning all!
Well here I am! I made it to the 3rd trimester!!! I am so happy right now!! only 12 more weeks (or less) to go!!
Misty, I can't wait to find out how far along you are and all that greta stuff you get to do during pregnancy. I have some gret sites for you to visit if you are interested about pregnancy and a great due date mesage board you can be part of too! If you are interested email me at [email protected] and I'l send you the list of sites I love right now ok?
Well I had a great weekend and that was very nice. my dh's mother brought over some big baby items that dh's neice has outgrown so now I have a very cute swing, high chair, bathtub, and a vibrating bouncer for my little one to use. That was really nice of them because I wasn't sure if they were going to give me anything at all. Also, DH's sister told me last night that she is planning on giving me a baby shower which absolutely floored me! I wasn't expecting one at all because I'm not close with any of his family and have went through some rough patches in the 7 months we've lived here with them. I really felt like they didn't even notice I was expecting at all. But I guess I was wrong. Maybe they care after all. but what fun!! Now I get to register!!
Well, guess I'll get off here. I hope everyone has a sun shiney day!!
Old 03-31-2003, 07:37 PM   #30  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!
Just a short post- I am pooped- and feeling just a wee bit under the weather. Dd (7) stayed home today with just feeling a bit sick and a cough. She seems ok- and probably could have gone to school, but a day of rest never hurts!!!!!! Guess I am getting a touch of what she has too.

Misty-as I said try not to worry....with Dd I was not supposed to get pregnant that month- and the date of her conception was really screwy in terms of when I ovulated/concieved.......made little medical sense- but then I know it was one of those times that God just wanted to remind me of who was in control! And I also know that some spotting is normal in pregnancy- I did with both of my Dd's preg's. Can't wait to hear from your Dr how far along you are!!!!! (hey, what is it with this thread........this pregnancy stuff is infectious!).

Spryng- how nice that Dh's family is giving you a shower!
And nice too that your MIL also brought some baby items over- less to have to buy! (oh, the list of baby stuff seems so endless).

Well, please forgive me for being short- I am a wee bit tired and still have to go clean up the kitchen. Hope that everyone has a good nite!!! Take care.
Ginny
Closed Thread