Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

These kinds of stories kind of make me melt! If a guy ever says something like this to me, he probably won't be friend-zoned! hahaha.
RicecakeEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #17  
In training to be awesome

S/C/G: 270 / 188.4 / 170

Height: 5'11"

I love love both your stories, because I can see myself in both of you. I totally believe the double whammy of being so tall and heavy is extra hard on a teenage girl's self-esteem. I saw another thread floating around here somewhere that mentioned feeling like Bigfoot, and I relate so much to that. Especially having had a short and very thin sister... I always felt like a freak! To have somebody say such a genuinely nice thing would have been really good for my soul, so I love seeing them from you guys!
Blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #18  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker23 View Post

Does anyone else have a experience like this? I would love to read about them
My 1st husband - who was my fiance at the time, used to say that I had "moon-pie face" - because my face was so "round" - like a baby's face. While he meant it as a compliment, it felt insulting to me, because of my life-long chub battle, even tho I was not overweight at all at the time. (I still can't look at a moon pie today without seeing my face, LOL)

Fast forward a couple years after we'd married & divorced, and I was dating a guy I worked with. We were "newly-daters" - only having been out about 3 times. One day I wore my hair in a ponytail (usually wore it down) because I had some major things to do & needed my hair out of the way. But it always made me self-conscious, because I thought wearing my hair pulled up just exaggerated my "moon pie face". I tried NOT to run into him that day, because I didn't want him to see me with a ponytail! (silly, I know. At least I no longer have that hang-up!!)

Anyway, he DID see me (of course) and he said "You look so great today - I love your hair in a ponytail." I just kinda poo-poo'ed the compliment with a head-shake and a disagreement-nose-scrunch. He said "What? You don't like the ponytail?" And I said "No, cause I have moon-pie-face! My face is so round, & the pony just accentuates the roundness. Blech!" And he just grinned at me & said "you have a beautiful face; you should wear a ponytail more often to show it off!"

~sigh Sometimes the simplest compliment can really make your day ...or even your lifetime... altho we didn't date very long, I will always remember how he said that, and the genuine smile he gave me when he said it, and how I felt at that very moment... like Miss America.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #19  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by valalltogether View Post
the point between a guy and girl when the guy realizes she is not romantically interested in him despite his hints or efforts.

pretty much..right, guys?
I knew a guy in highschool who was interested in me but I was too niave to notice it and he never said anything. We were friends for many years and then lost contact with each other. I even talked him into taking a home-ec class with me in highschool and we sat next to each other at the same table. Recently, through one of our old mutual friends, I found out just how much he had been interested in me. The first thing I said to her was..."Well, why didn't he say anything back then???? It is not like he didn't have a million chances to speak up."

Ever since I have been searching online for him with no luck.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 245.8/240/145

Height: 5'4"

My boyfriend and I met during high school but didn't end up dating until the end of our freshman year in college (right now we are juniors in college). He always tells me that I have always been so captivatingly (sp?) beautiful. From the time he met me he knew he wanted to be with me. Whenever I feel down I just revisit those compliments in my head
eguestx0 is offline   Reply With Quote