Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #16  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

No one is perfect. One day doesn't make weight loss, and one day doesn't break weight loss; it's all of the days combined over a long period that determine success. It's something that's hard for me too, not beating myself up over 1 bad day. They happen! This will be part of life forever! Use it as a learning experience. BIG HUGS!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

What we all tend to forget is that EVERYONE - heavy or thin - has days like this. The trick is to fix it immediately. You have. That means you are in control of the situation. And recognizing the factors that contribute is also part of the success. It sounds simple, but just resist the drinks and the situation gets easier.

I also want all of you who post to know that it hurts my heart to hear anyone say they loathe themselves. Self loathing gets us nowhere. I don't want to get into a psychological discussion. I understand what you mean. But it's like I used to tell my DD when she was small. She was never allowed to say she hated something. It's such a strong word for a child and I didn't want to set a life long pattern. She "really didn't like" a lot of things, but hate was not part of her vocabulary. Maybe we can do the same and loathe the behavior, but not ourselves - no matter the circumstance. Or "really not like" the behavior. I think a positive attitude is part of the success we all strive for.

Sorry for sounding like someone's mom. I think we all feel better when we love ourselves.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

It happens to most (if not all) of us from time to time. It doesn't make you any less of a success story. Just pick up and move on. There's no point in beating yourself up about it...what's done is done. You're only human!!
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #19  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I know the feeling, but these things happen and it's not the end of the world. Just keep going and learn from it. I had something similar happen after a few glasses of wine. The bread and cheese re-emerged and an entire tray of dessert was placed in front of me and a spoon in my hand. I didn't eat all of it as that would have been awkward but I was obsessed and kept taking bites. Maybe don't drink for a while or limit yourself to a small amount. Ooor have a healthier snack for when you're drinking. You're doing great already so don't feel bad!
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

One bad day doesn't make you a failure!!!!! No more than going to church 1 time makes you a nun. Get back on track. The VICTORY is not just knowing how to win but how to get back up......Remember, vodka...bad
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #21  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

I know it feels awful and I've been there! Sounds like you are doing a great job of picking yourself up.

I too, love my wine/vodka (not an everyday drinker or someone who gets drunk all the time) but during my first month of weight loss I gave it up completley. HARD! Now I indulge occasionally. I had 2 skinnygirl margaritas on Sunday and I know I am going to a wedding this weekend so I am going to try to stay away from the booze until then. Good luck!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote