Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #61  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I forgot to mention about my anniversary! One year ago, today, I went to my Endo. She is the one that treats my hypothyroidism. She checked my weight, did my exam, gave me a good look over, and crunched some numbers. She asked what I thought about my weight. Then she gave her opinion . . . She thought I was at a good weight and her suggestion was that I try to maintain my weight/weight loss.

I have been in maintenance for a year, today. I have gone above my maintenance range by a couple pounds only a few times. This was during/after the Christmas holidays. I was also battling a food reaction (allergy). Over all, I am happy with my maintenance. Of course I strive for perfection. Meaning, I would rather not have gone above maintenance range. But, I did have other issues going on at the time (food allergy). So, I do think I have done a good job in this year. ETA: I don't like the way "strive for perfection" sounds. I wanted to clarify my thoughts on this. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be. I know how I am with my eating and my weight history. It is not a good one. I feel I need to keep everything in check or I will get off track. I will take advantage of any little situation that I will allow or that I feel I can get away with. Does this make better sense?

One year down and the rest of my life to go!

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-04-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

DianaWow you have been doing an amazing job at maintaining. You are an inspiration!!!

ItsmyturnYes job would be perfect for me. I feel I rocked the interview but we shall see if I get offered the job. One downside is I would be taking a paycut. I would be willing to do so for the high end of the salary range but not the low end. It ranges by $9,500 a year. I should hear back either way in a week or two.

I am not doing well. I have been going over in points and just eating too many carbs the last few days. I know I will be up in weight at WI on Sunday. But I will do it. I am trying to get back on track today.

Anyone else here struggling? Anyone else remember slip ups that lasted a few days?

Happy Friday all!
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #63  
God answers prayers!

S/C/G: 188/164/135

Height: 5'4

plunkypear- I haven't slipped up, but I have wanted to quit lately... some days I just feel like I am getting nowhere...
cbressler1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 215/142/130

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone! I had another really good on plan day yesterday and weighed myself this morning. 144.2, down one pound from last week. Yay! I did a kettlebell workout yesterday that I had not done in months and my legs and butt are really feeling that today. So is my core. ouch

I'm glad I did pretty well all week because the weekend is usually not as good. We usually go out to eat at least once and there are track meets and tennis tournaments to go watch my kids in that makes eating on my regular schedule difficult. But I have a sort of a plan so hopefully I will not backslide too much this weekend. I have some healthy snacks I will pack to take with so I hopefully wont get over hungry and tempted to hit any fast food drive thrus.

cbressler: Thats a good idea. I get discouraged with weighing too even if I can rationalize why the scale may be going up. Waiting for a good time to weigh so I feel its more reliable is better for me.

Itsmyturn: That is amazing what you have accomplished with running! I did my first 5k about 3 1/2 years ago and I think my time was 35 minutes something. I don't run consistently because I get bored with it and then do something else for a while. The last 5k I did last fall was better, just over 29 minutes. I think I have done a C25K program about 3 times! LOL Every time it gets easier.

Plucky: Great job on the interview! That sounds like a great job. Hopefully it will be in a salary range that you can afford to take.

Diana: Congrats on your year of maintenance!! I like your thoughts on living in maintenance. Even if you do go above your range and are able to bring it right back down that is "perfect" Life is not level. There are ups and downs and being able to get things back under control when they are sliding is what we should strive for. We will all slide from time to time. I stopped my weight loss for a year and a half because I was getting too obsessed over it and it was literally ruling my life. I went into a maintenance mode and in that process learned a LOT about myself and my strengths. Now I feel ready to go for that last bit of weight loss without it being the only thing I think about in my day.

Oh and the movie we saw was The Hunger Games. It was excellent! My bf and I took my youngest son who had read all the books. He can be pretty critical of movies from books he has read but said this one was pretty good.
cbigsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #65  

Diana - congrats on maintaining your goal weight! In many ways that's harder than the initial loss!

Wow the last few days just ran away from me, we were much too busy in the scuba class to think. One of the class mates is severely ADHD and very bright. Hosting him was a full time job. Food was reasonable but no reason to go back and catch up the days here.

House is a bit of a wreck, refrigerator empty - today is a day to catch up after the class. What a fun and rewarding class :0).

Bkfast (out of fruit)
about 3/4c lowfat plain yogurt
2 soft boiled eggs, but one yoke
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #66  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Diana awesome job on the one year anniversary. That is a long time and every day helps to keep the length of time growing. There's nothing wrong with striving to perfection, that means you're working for it, not that you think you are. It means, you're doing your best and not just trying. Lots of people will say, 'I'll try', but you are saying 'I'll do'. Nothing wrong with that, I actually think its fits nicely...how's your mom?

ItsMyTurn It's the weekend, what are your plans? How's the weather, will you be swimming. Man o man, I wish I had a pool. I'd be a wrinkled prune.

Pluckypear Try not to focus on the slip up, or it's length, but how to get out of it and stay out of it. The slip up is over, or soon will be, now you have to focus on why and how you can prevent it or stop it sooner. Everyone struggles, some of us (struggle with feeding themselves) I'm on day two of not eating (except for dinner that is served to me). That kind of stuff makes you gain as well. Its a struggle, we just got to keep reminding ourselves, we are worth it and fight for that truth

I'm sure I missed a lot of people, sorry. My heads in a fog (probably lack o food). I wish all a wonderful Friday and a terrrrrific weekend. My DH has just book tickets for Weird Al on my bday. I'm taking my son as we are the ones who love him. DD wants to see a boy band, that believe it or not, I do not care for She's mad because I won't take her. Hello, I have social phobia, people scare me (literally) I'm not risking a panic attack for some lame boy band Now Weird Al, sure. DH tried to get tickets for Stephen Colbert again, I love this man (DH), but alas it is book into the summer. Again, not a NYC fan so only for Stephen.

OK, I got some typing then errands. I haven't slept for nearly 4 days, thinking and plotting sequel and I haven't finished last chapt, but it's all in the noggin. I just gotta get it out which is hard from lack o sleep and food. She says as her belly growls. I'll do my best to grab a protein shake or two as I run out the door

Have a wonderful and healthy evening everyone!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #67  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I forgot to mention about my anniversary! One year ago, today, I went to my Endo. She is the one that treats my hypothyroidism. She checked my weight, did my exam, gave me a good look over, and crunched some numbers. She asked what I thought about my weight. Then she gave her opinion . . . She thought I was at a good weight and her suggestion was that I try to maintain my weight/weight loss.

I have been in maintenance for a year, today. I have gone above my maintenance range by a couple pounds only a few times. This was during/after the Christmas holidays. I was also battling a food reaction (allergy). Over all, I am happy with my maintenance. Of course I strive for perfection. Meaning, I would rather not have gone above maintenance range. But, I did have other issues going on at the time (food allergy). So, I do think I have done a good job in this year. ETA: I don't like the way "strive for perfection" sounds. I wanted to clarify my thoughts on this. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be. I know how I am with my eating and my weight history. It is not a good one. I feel I need to keep everything in check or I will get off track. I will take advantage of any little situation that I will allow or that I feel I can get away with. Does this make better sense?

One year down and the rest of my life to go!
Wow! One year! How time flies when it's not ME having to do the maintaining.

I think you have done an amazing job. Not only have you maintained well, you have done it with stressors in your life too. Your consistency has been amazing! A big round of applause from me!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #68  

Hi everybody-- I have not checked in for a while- but am determined to keep going with this weightloss thing.
I was a bit discouraged because I had a couple of gains even though I thought I was doing the right thing - but anyhow have kept plugging away and think am back on track.
plucky - I hope that job interview went well - and
Diana -- good to hear that your mum is a bit better

I have mapped out my food plan for the day .. and also my man and I are intending to head off on a bit of a jog/ walk in the bush today ( Saturday )
He is still sleeping -- but that is the plan

At the moment I am weighing in every Monday. Thinking that I had better see a loss this week.
Have a good day everybody.
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #69  

Plucky, sometimes it's easier to look at weight loss and sustaining weight as a journey not a destination. Sometimes there are rough days. Best not to beat yourself up too much. Toss out the foods giving you trouble and start new tomorrow or even right now :0).

I was never very overweight but did eat up to $100 of food a day and purge 20-40 times daily for 6 years. In '91 a miracle happened and through much work and support I was able to stop the bingeing and purging. I would have had a serious weight problem had the purging stopped and bingeing continued. Over the last 20 years I've had to live with food and eating. Sometimes it's easier than other times. I've had some bad days, but never bad enough to beat myself up or go back to purging. Over time you just roll with the ebb and flow and do whatever you need to to keep sanity with eating.

Today was pretty good

Bkfast
about 3/4c lowfat plain yogurt
2 soft boiled eggs, but one yolk

Lunch
Salad (a little odd)
a large chopped cucumber, a few small tomatoes, several pieces turkey ham for protein
vinegar for dressing and a dab of olive oil

Snack
too much frozen mango
a mango/yogurt smoothie

Dinner
a few thin pork chops
a bunch of steamed kale
a cucumber/tomato salad
1 cold mexican corona with lime for carbs

Desert
Some frozen strawberries

Went to the gym and braved the scale today. Considering that it's that time of the month reading 116.75 lbs was fine with me :-). Much less back sliding than I anticipated

Work out
back/bi - about 1 hour. Have been increasing weights range and number of exercises - there is obvious progress in fitness.

Last edited by kathydee; 05-05-2012 at 02:19 AM.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #70  
Trying to live below 200

Cbressler Hi Good to see you.

Pluckypear Sorry to hear that you are struggling. Carbs and sugar are very difficult. Sometimes it's best to go cold turkey for a while. Cut the carbs/sugar and eat a little more non starchy vegetables and protein. I hope today was a better day for you. A couple years ago DH gave me some chocolate for Valentine's day. I worked it in my plan (basically that's all I ate that day, except for some protein). I had sugar cravings for 3 days afterward. It was really hard for me. It was like going through a drug withdrawal.

Cbigsis Good job sticking with your plan and the pound down!

Kathydee Good job staying active.

Mamakat Thank you! I went to see my Mom last night. She seems to be doing a lot better. A friend of my Mom is cooking foods for her. She is pureeing veggies and putting them in cream of chicken/mushroom soup and then thinning it out. She is still struggling with solid foods. But there is a difference in night and day from last week to this week. I am grateful for the improvement. I hope you got some food in you today and you get some sleep this weekend!

Berry Thank you! I hope things are going well for you.

Crystal Please don't get discouraged! We all have daily fluctuations and gains. Sometimes they are for good reason, sometimes for no reason at all. All you can do is find a healthy lifestyle (counting calories, points, or whatever works for you) and stick to it. It will work out for you.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #71  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Roast beef 400 calories
Turnip greens 100 calories
broccoli 100 calories
cabbage 100 calories

Exercise:
Susan Chung's RapidFire Results (Cardio Explosion Premix w/weighted gloves)
1000 Jump Ropes
Old 05-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #72  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - a full year of maintenance! Wow!!!! Great job!!!! Such an inspiration for such a huge accomplishment! Great job with your workout today... anything with "cardio explosion" in the title has got to be a butt-kicker

Plucky - Yay for rocking the interview!!! Fingers are crossed an offer is thrown at you! As for slipping? Been there, done that! Around Christmas I had a couple things that were sweet carbs - I actually had withdrawals trying to come back down off them. Needless to say, lesson learned and don't have those anymore - like a crack addict that got a taste,

cbressler - Don't quit. It seems like a daunting task sometimes.. but set small mini-goals that are fairly achievable, then you build off them and feel more confident So glad you and the scale have come to terms by playing hard to get Keep measurements too, it helped me during my VERY long plateau. I was still seeing results, but none that showed on the scale

Cbigsis - Hooray for the loss!!! That is awesome, every pound counts!!! Heck... I get thrilled on a .2 loss, You are doing great staying on your plan! Huge kudos to you! Thank you for your kind words. I am so determined to be able to accomplish things, and running was one of them

Kathy - Have fun finding some yummy fruits and veggies to fill the fridge with. Great job on increasing the weight! Progress is awesome!!!

Mamakat - You need some sleep girl! Your thoughts in your typing matched what my brain does without my meds, Seriously though, remember that the book WILL get done, but only if you have the energy to write it, that requires some sleep As for my plans for the weekend - I am going to sleep in tomorrow (heck yea!), get a workout in before the heat hits, then lounge by the pool. I am going to OWN this weekend as mine! I will do a bit of cleaning, but since I have 3 punished kids still on restriction, I believe they can help a bit too Afterall, since they can't go anywhere, have anyone over, talk to anyone on the phone, and no computer/internet rights... what else have they got to do?

Berry - good to see you! Hope you are well??

CyberCrystal - We all hit hard spots, but you have to keep going. If the scale doesn't cooperate, then re-evaluate your plan and see what could be adjusted... there is always tweaking to do I have full faith you will get a loss doing it right
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #73  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a great weekend!

In my other check-in (weigh in) someone called my maintenance anniversary my "healthy person birthday". I like that. Now, if I can just live up to that. Every day I want to be bad.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 144.6
Down: 1.2 pounds

Itsmyturn Ha Ha You gotta love the "cardio explosion" title! I knew I had to do that premix on the workout since I am a cardio junkie! I hope you were able to sleep in this morning. I woke at 5 AM and was determined to go back to sleep. I did and woke back up at 7:30. I have found that my body wakes between 5 AM and 6 AM no matter what. It's like it is programmed to do this. That's why I need to get to bed early on the weekends. My schedule is different on the weekends than it is during the week, though. It's hard to get to bed early.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #74  

Thanks Diana and Itsmyturn - I need all the encouragement that I can get at the moment. I had a great day...went for a bushwalkduring the day and caught up with some good friends for dinner. I had factored the dinner into my plan for the week.
you are right itsmyturn -- If I don't see a loss when I weigh myself on Monday I will have a serious look at what I am doing and see if I can work out what it is that might be the problem.
All the best everybody -- off to bed. It is midnight here.
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello

Hi, everyone. I am returning to the site after a year's absence--and what a year it has been. Lots of health and weight related issues. I decided it was time to come back here for support and encouragement, and this looked like a good thread (although I realize it will be replaced by a new thread tomorrow). As you can see, I've got a bit of mass to move--and many bad habits to overcome.

Kit
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote