Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/150/139. Ultimate Goal:132

Height: 5'6

Question Lost ten more pounds but my face looks SO HEAVY!

In August, I got down to 150 and I was working out every day that entire summer. I lost 25 pounds at that point. I have tons of pictures with my friends and my face was so sculpted and thin.

Now I'm horrified at looking at pics from this weekend, I got down to 139 but my face looks so heavy- I swear I looked thinner at 150. Do you think it's because I don't regularly exercise as much as I did at 150? You would think that at ten pounds lighter my face wouldn't be the opposite!

Do you find that exercising/not exercising/eating a certain way really shows in your face? It just doesn't make sense to me!

Thanks!
GotothegymOKAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Are you sure this weekend there wasn't some other issue, like bloating from TOM or sodium or..?

I really can't see how exercise would directly affect the appearance of your face.. weight loss due to exercise, yes, but it doesn't make much sense to me otherwise that working out your body would make your face appear more sculpted. (Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong)

Maybe it also could be perspective, perhaps the recent 10 lb is showing more in your shoulders and collarbones and makes your face look heavier by comparison.

You also mentioned the previous photos were from summer, could it be you had a suntan in those pictures? Sun-darkened skin can have the illusion of looking slimmer than whatever the natural shade is, I believe.

Just some ideas!
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/Ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

i'm not sure about exercise but one thing I've often noticed is that my face looks good at some weights and worse at others. For example, when I was 170, my face looked good and when I was in the low 160s, my face looked good. However, during the transition period between the two weights, my face didn't look good at all - I think parts of it were becoming thinner while other parts weren't which made some of the fat look like it was hanging off my face...

I'd say give it some time until you reach a lower weight - it should even out.
sparklegirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/283/190

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, I agree. The weight sometimes comes off differently with each pound you lose. I'm sure if you keep working at it you'll get the results you want!

And by the way, Horo, I absolutely love your avatar!
Luv2Sing777 is offline   Reply With Quote