Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-08-2012, 03:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'8"

Default who's your weight loss role model?

Is it your mom? Your friend, etc?
I never really gave it much thought..but now that I think about it, the one woman I always admired, and wanted to look like, is emma Watson. Known for her role as Hermione Granger in the harry potter movies.
we're the same age, and I grew up loving the books and films, in a way, I grew up with the characters as friends.
Anyways. I've googled what miss Watson does to stay fit, and all I can really find, is that she eats healthy, and is very active in sports. How's that for a role model? No diet crazed person, just a girl that knows how to treat her body.
So who do you look up to?
do you admire just their body, or how they get their body?
RookaWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:15 AM   #2  

I love Emma Watson as well, I think she's just gorgeous. My role model when it comes to weight loss is my cousin. She is two years younger than me and she has always been careful with her body and the way she looks, even since we were young. I guess that's what I admire about her; when we were young (in our early teens, 11 to 14 or so) I just didn't care what I was eating as long as it tasted good, but she payed attention to food, she never finished everything on her plate and always chose lighter food as opposed to just junk. Right now she's 24 and you can really tell she has treated her body with respect, she looks amazing.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #3  
Started IP 01/06/2014

Height: 5'7''

Jennifer Hudson. She's so inspiring because she has gone through so much but she was still able to lose weight. Basically, if she can do it with the death of her loved ones, it makes any excuse I have to put off losing weight seem completely ridiculous. Also, she's so talented, beautiful, and seems like a great person.
Emmcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

many people on this forum are role models real people that make it to their goal weights and go through the struggles on maintaining.

celebrity wise, I like Jillian Michaels- she was quite overweight in her teens. she's also said she has PCOS and hypothyroidism - 2 things that can make it hard to lose weight, but I guess if she can still look the way she does then there are no excuses
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #5  
Canadian on the Inside

Height: 5' 6"

I don't think of myself as having role models, but reading the posts above, I guess I do.

1. First and foremost, individuals on this site. There are a handful of active posters (or at least active in the forums I'm active in) that for one reason or another I would consider role models (even though I've never talked directly to any of them).

2. Jillian Michaels. @ringmaster said it all.

3. I have some... anti-role models. Which sounds bad, but it's motivating to look at people in my family and think, "I never want to be like that."
Paja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Role models are people I personally know who have accomplished changing their bodies and no longer are dealing with life threatening issues. These are my friends and I would be devastated to hear if anything ever happened to them because of their weight.

Their stories are amazing and I have so much admiration for them when they share their stories with others.
Kathology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paja View Post
3. I have some... anti-role models. Which sounds bad, but it's motivating to look at people in my family and think, "I never want to be like that."
That's funny....but true!!!!!
Kathology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #8  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

My role models are people that inherently know their body signals.

People that are health concious, but not restricting. Those who are physically active, and then sit down and eat some coffee cake and have a latte. Instead they instinctively know that they want the non fat milk, and their brain sends them the proper signal to stop eating the coffee cake when they are satisfied after a couple of bites, not after the whole portion is GONE
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #9  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
Celebrity wise, I like Jillian Michaels- she was quite overweight in her teens. she's also said she has PCOS and hypothyroidism - 2 things that can make it hard to lose weight, but I guess if she can still look the way she does then there are no excuses
That's exactly how I feel. Plus, she's fit and has a fantastic body without being skeletal, which (all too often) seems to be touted as the ideal. I have PCOS, too, so I figure, hey, if she can look like that while dealing with the extra resistance PCOS puts in your path, I can do it too.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #10  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Jillian Michaels - always and forever [as long as she stops hocking weight loss pills - that really p*ssed me off but other than that, she inspires me!].
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #11  
flap flap

S/C/G: 120/115/105

Height: 5'3.5

Karl Lagerfeld. Of course, he didn't do it alone (personal chef, medical supervision), but he still did a dramatic weight-loss in less than a year and has kept it off for quite some time now. I read his book about it once, and felt he had a pleasant outlook on it all. One would think he'd subscribe to a volitional eating-disorder for weight loss... but from what I understood of the book that wasn't the case at all, which was very nice to see!
biplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #12  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Not so sure about "weight loss" but Michelle Rodriguez looks SLAMMIN' in "Machete"
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 120/123 curren, 100 goal

Height: 5"4

Celine (trans model and fashion icon) Karl Lagerfeld, rick owens and the stunningly gorgeous Michele Lamy ����������
LordGod1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:45 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Not so sure about "weight loss" but Michelle Rodriguez looks SLAMMIN' in "Machete"
ur waayyy prettier than she is and shes kind chubby
Old 01-12-2017, 04:04 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha22 View Post
I love Emma Watson as well, I think she's just gorgeous. My role model when it comes to weight loss is my cousin. She is two years younger than me and she has always been careful with her body and the way she looks, even since we were young. I guess that's what I admire about her; when we were young (in our early teens, 11 to 14 or so) I just didn't care what I was eating as long as it tasted good, but she payed attention to food, she never finished everything on her plate and always chose lighter food as opposed to just junk. Right now she's 24 and you can really tell she has treated her body with respect, she looks amazing.
shes ok but aint no 0 lol im 25 and striving for kate moss