Normal BMI yay!!! (with pics)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I reached my original goal of having a normal BMI today. Yay!! I was content with my body a few pounds ago, but I kept eating well and I was down to 194 this week. Even though I know that as a 6'2" woman BMI really doesn't apply to me, it is nice to be able to say that my BMI is normal I have now lost 186 lbs... just 4 more to go and I would be half the size I was when I started this journey. If I lose anymore, thats great. If not, I am cool with that too.

ps. the pic of me is from a few weeks ago when I was 4 lbs heavier than I am today...
  • Wow! Congratulations!
  • Awesome job! BMI certainly is not applicable to people like us.
  • CONGRATS! And I'm not nearly as tall as you, but I have a large frame and the last weight I really felt "thin" at - 165, when I was 17 - is still considered overweight by BMI standards. I think we need to come up with a new system, seriously.
  • Congratulations!!
  • WOW!!!!! 186 pounds is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Hope to follow in your footsteps.
  • Thanks everyone!
  • That's incredible! Congrats!
  • Thank you!!
  • wow awesome!! congratulations!
  • Congrats!! You must be so proud of yourself
  • Congratulations! BMI may be irrelevant for your height, but it's as good a reason to celebrate as any! You look fabulous!!
  • Thank you!
  • southernbelle102~ I'm soooo happy to see that you made it! Amazing job, you look beautiful!
  • WOW!!! That's an amazing loss. Keep up the good work! I hope you are just as successful with maintenance. Go you!