Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 10:32 PM   #16  
One day at a time.

Ginny, I have my points calculator but I would have to know the intensity level you walked at plus your weight and I could tell you how many points you earned! For example: 30 minutes at low intensity for a weight of 100-215 lbs. is 1 point. And moderate intensity for 30 minutes for a weight of up to 150 is 1 pt and 2 points for 150 -250. Hope that helps!! And yes, I'm very happy to be going into my 2nd trimester, my worries are starting to subside a bit.

Have a good night!
Old 02-22-2003, 10:56 AM   #17  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

I only have about 3 minutes as I have to run and make breakfast for my family before DS's basketball game.. but I am down 3 pounds this week!! WOO HOO!!

I will write more later!
Old 02-22-2003, 04:42 PM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!!!!

Melissa- thanks so much for that info!!!!!! I figure I was at a medium intensity (it sure felt that way, as I had not been able to walk for a few days, and felt winded, especially after that stomach bug). I had read somewhere else last nite that I needed to walk for 40 minutes for 1 point......and I had not even gone 40 minutes.....I was a bit bummed by that. Anyway- did you get any cleaning done?? Last info you gave us you were trying to get the house straightened up. I am glad that you are relaxing a bit with this pregnancy. (two out of three of my pregancies I was on pins and needles for at least one trimester) Try to relax and enjoy this one!!!!!! Not that your first born is not special, but this baby being sort of a surprise- makes it all the more special. Enjoy all those kicks, punches and flutters.

Karen W- how wonderful for you!!!!!!!! 3# loss! You are a loser, na - na- na-na-na!!! (you are supposed to hear my crummy singing with that! ). I hope that you enjoyed Ds's game- and if they did not win at least played well. Sounds like you are right on target for your St Patricks goal too! Great job.

As for me, I survived my crisis last night and did not eat anything naughty. I kept myself sane by posting, some herb tea and finally the diet jello. Today my Ds had a basketball game......which did not even make it out of the first half as the gym roof (at the other school) began to leak on the court! The team played well too- and with 3 minutes left in the first half, Ds's team was up 21 to 8, and playing strong. Ds had scored 4 points........and now the season is over. Oh, well.
I am doing well with my points so far. We stopped at Subway for lunch (I had $6.00 in free food there) and had a turkey 6" sub for 5 points. It was yummy............Thankfully, Dh and the rest of the family did not mind stopping there either- he knew that it was easy for me to stay OP eating there and likes their food anyway. No greasy fries........fatty hamburgers......etc............
Oh- more good news. A friend (mother of one of Ds's friends who is on the bball team also) will be joining me going to WW this week. She has a lot to lose- not that that matters- but what makes me think is that she is happy with herself at 165 pounds, and she is also 5' 4 1/2 like me. (she is probably over 200# at this time) We both wonder how WW will accomodate that when it comes to setting a goal weight for her. Anyway, it will be nice to have a buddy to go to meetings with.
Ok, guess I had better go unload the dishwasher. Have a great weekend!!!!
Ginny
Old 02-23-2003, 02:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Well this has been a very busy weekend! Our kitchen is coming along nicely. We painted Friday night (was up until 1:30 am painting) and then the guys came and installed our linoleum saturday morning and I must say it came out so nice!! I am impressed with their work. As soon as that was finished my Dh started working on plumbing. I was so proud of him. It's nice to have a DH who know's his way around things like that because it looked way to complicated for my nimble brain lol. Then we got our cabinets in the kitchen last night and he installed the base cabinets and counter tops. SO when I got up this morning my kitchen looked half done and boy was I happy! He is so tired though. He ran to the store to buy some more items to hook up the sink and dishwasher and when he comes home he is going to take a nap. He needs one. Then tonight we'll install the wall cabinets and hook up the stove and we'll be just about done. We were suppose to have family help with this project because DH helps everyone else out when they are doing something but everyone has refused to help us so DH is basically doing it all by himself with what little I can do. It makes me so mad. His parents are planning a remodel of their upstairs and to re-do their kitchen also and I guarentee they'll call my DH begging for his help and I say NO. I think not. What is this the real life story of the "little red hen" ? Hmmm.... they need to wake up. But that's ok because even though this project is going slow DH is doing a fabulous job. I am really proud of him. He is taking alot of pride into his work. Well enough of that.
Karen congrats on your 3 lb loss!!! That is so great! Keep up the good work. Summer is just around the corner and we all know what that means... lol.
Ginny I am so proud of you for not giving in to temptation the other night. It is so hard sometimes and I am so glad your family suported you by eating at subway. That made eating out so much easier on you and they do have great sandwiches for dieters or not. I love thier pizza sub. You sound as though you are so motivated and that is great! Keep up the great work! When are your WI's? I know you'll see another loss this week. And you deserve it.
Well, guess I'll get off here. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
Old 02-23-2003, 05:17 PM   #20  
One day at a time.

Well hello ladies!

I'm sitting here, watching DH take apart and clean all of his electronics, and I'm useless when it comes to that! I feel as though I'm not pulling my weight around here now, with my morning sickness~I stopped most of my cooking and I've been so tired that my house work has been really lacking. And I also have asthma, and this pregnancy has really made it worse, so, like I said, HUM~ What am I good for???

Ginny~ I did get some laundry done but I'm nowhere near done with my other chores. I feel like I want to take everything apart and clean, but I don't have the energy to do much at all!?! Over this next week, no mater what, I'll get it all done. As for me trying to really savor the moments in this pregnancy, I am! I know what you were saying, and although DS is my heart, I'm happy to be pregnant again, and this time I know what a blessing it is, because we went through so much to get here! I don't really remember worrying this much with my first pregnancy, but I do now. I'm taking care and my DR. says everything looks good!

Spryng, Wow, I sure do envy you! My DH isn't a handyman at all! I'm about to hire someone to come do some work around here for me, cause if I waited on DH, it wouldn't ever get done!?! Please take it easy though, don't over do it!

Well, time for me to get busy again!

TTFN

Last edited by mel17; 02-23-2003 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:35 PM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!!!!!
Well, I really never thought that I would get online this evening.....then Ds got hung up on an assignment and good ol' Mom (whom he is making older and more senile by the second!) bailed him out and worked on the rough draft with/for him. (gee, I thought I passed 8th grade once already....... ). But that got me here on the 'puter and now that everyone is asleep, I just could not resist stopping in and saying hello.

Melissa-well, you might not be the electronics queen........or even at this point in time the worlds best housekeeper......or cook....... (but those are only temporarily on hold!!!!!!) but you are a great friend to us here, a loving wife and mom and are performing a most wonderful thing at this time, nurturing a new life! I can't think of anything more important than that!!!!!! So, don't be too tough on yourself. I am sorry that your asthma is acting up- and you were doing so well losing weight before this, which is good for your asthma. Can you take meds for that while pregnant?
Just for an idea- why don't you make a huge pot of that WW veggie soup (the one that they give you week 1 with no points) for starters and freeze some of it. It is easy to make, tastes great- is so good for you and if you make a double recipe or so, makes for an easy meal from time to time. Gosh, I know it is tough being pregnant and I know that I had less energy with my youngests pregnancy than I did with my oldests (10 years between them). Hang in there......we are always here to give you a smile and a big hug.

Spryng-your kitchen sounds wonderful!!!!!!! I mentioned a few posts ago.....any chance of you taking some pictures of the house- kids rooms and kitchen when done and putting them online for us to see????? Gosh, your Dh sounds a lot like mine - and will take on any household project......well almost any. And your inlaws sound like mine too......I became orbital 2 weeks ago when SIL called to have Dh fix her toilet. (she has a husband.......) So, fill us in- what kind of cabinets?? What color countertop? What color floor?????? Your new kitchen is going in quickly if you ask me........but then our main bathroom has been under construction (or should I say destruction) since Thanksgiving. But with that we had 2 items that we ordered custom that came in wrong......had to be reordered..... oh well.
Bet you can't wait to use that dishwasher!!!!!!

As for me, I guess I did ok today. I did not eat all that well, snacked a bit, but kept within my points range. I also did my Leslie Sansone tape (2 segments), which counts for 2 1/2 points.
My WI is on Wednesday, if I stick with the same meeting. There are lots around here- but the Wednesday one fits in best with my schedule. Gotta go get some sleep.

Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 02-24-2003, 11:27 AM   #22  

Good morning all!!
mel, I'm sorry to hear your asthma is acting up. It must be really hard during pregnancy when breathing is hard anyway because of your lungs being squished. Just take it easy. I know what you mean though about wanting to take everything apart and clean it. I have been that way the last 5 months. I didn't get alot of energy until about week 15 or so. So hang in there, it will come to you!! Mornings are my worst time for energy because what I put in my mouth to start the day determines my energy. Cereal drains me and so does pancakes, french toast, or anything with sugar in it so I am trying to eat some protein in the mornings to avoid this but it's hard, especially when my stove isn't hooked up yet. This morning I got brave and had some Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds and we'll see soon how it will affect me. But take it easy on the cleaning and such.
Wow I'm 23 weeks today!! I'm so excited. 5 more weeks and I'll start my 3rd trimester!
Ginny, I need to take pictures just haven't yet. We forgot to take "before" pictures though which really sucks. Now if you guys see the new kitchen you'll not actually see the renovation that took place because it is a major difference. I just love it! OK, we bought solid oak cabinets. They are made by the omish here so we get great prices and no particle board or anything in them! They are fantastic quality. They will be stained a Golden Oak. We didn't want them too dark since the walls are a Dark Ivy (really dark green) and the counter top is a really pretty green too (compliments the walls nicely) the floor is a green and taupe design (not too much green but enough to compliment the walls and counters) the new dishwasher is black because my stove front is black. If you ask me it's the most wonderful kitchen in the world! But I am partial. And yes you are right, the kitchen went in really fast but with my DH it had to or it wouldn't be done. I didn't want to go without a sink or stove for too long and have to be at my MIL's house everyday for meals and such. We got everything done last night except installing the stove, dishwasher, and my DH has to put one more piece of counter up. Tonight I'll probably sand and stain the cabinets and then tomorrow night polyurethane them. But I think it came our really well. Our kitchen more than doubled in size. It went from being 7 feet to being 11 feet by 8 feet or so. And so many cabinets!! I put in all my dishes last night and I have 5 cabinets empty! What do I put in them?? Well I know what will go in some of them. Tupperware, bottles, etc. I know they will all contain something soon. But it's nice to have more then enough space now.
Well today I am putting all my canned foods and such away in the old cabinets that is now part of the new laundry room. So I will stay busy. Talk to you all later!
Old 02-24-2003, 12:02 PM   #23  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!! (well, almost afternoon!)

Spryng- thanks for the detailed description of your beautiful new kitchen. Sounds just wonderful!!!! Congrats and enjoy it. Please be careful with the polyurethane- make sure that there is lots of venitilation for you and the baby. That stuff (even the latex version) is pretty smelly. I did not know that there were Amish in your area - and their cabinetry is gorgeous. I'm jealous!
Enjoy it all- and soon those cabinets will be all filled up. I think tupperware multiplies and has babies when you close the cabinet door, cause all of the sudden I find the kitchen full.

I stopped in for a quick hello. Mondays I try to get a lot of housework done and today is no different. I did get my walk in - and so far my eating is fine. Gotta go change some sheets! Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 02-25-2003, 10:32 AM   #24  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
Where is everyone??????
Just a quick hello. I got 20 minutes of Leslie Sansone in this am- too cold for a walk! The house has been a bit stressed, Dd and her 16 year old moods.....something is bothering her and she is not talking.......I think it is a problem with a teacher. I'll fill you in when I know what is going on.! Dh is home today sick- sort of the stomach thing that I had last week, but he does not seem quite as sick.
Gotta go. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 02-25-2003, 07:01 PM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just me again......thought that I would stop in and say hello......but noone to say hello to!!!!!!
I had an ok day- a salad and some WW veggie soup for dinner ( I had two brownies today, so I had to go light on dinner points so that I would not go over points today). Gosh I feel so full!
I am going out for a walk in a few minutes to burn up some points. (I am within my point level for today- just want to burn up another point!) Tomorrow is WI- I am curious to see how that goes. I am starting to retain water.........TOM is not too far off.

Gotta go!!!!!!!!
Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 02-26-2003, 06:48 PM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Wow, still quiet here...............I had my WI today. Lost 1.2# (don't get too excited.........) Aw, better down than up.
No walk today - I was just too busy and am now too tired.

Gotta go. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 02-26-2003, 07:20 PM   #27  

Congrats Ginny! yes! Get excited about it!! That is a great thing to lose 1.2 lbs! You are doing so great. I think you are going to be our next melissa when it comes to motivation and weight loss. Sorry it's been so quiet here. I have been reading your posts just been too tired to post myself. We stained the cabinets last night and they came out darker than we thought they would (it was a Golden Oak stain) but we think they look fantastic! (but we are partial) All we have left now is to poly them and then our kithen will be complete! But my Dh forgot to pick up more brushes today so we'll do that tomorrow night. That's good though. This project has us both wore out. One night off will be heaven. Oh! He did get my dishwasher hooked up this morning before he left for work and I am on cloud nine!! It was so nice to just place them inside and shut the door!! No more handwashing for me!! It even has a child lock on it so that the kids can't push the buttons and re-start it or anything and that was great because as soon as I got it going my ds went right in there and started pushing the buttons! It's a Kenmore Elite series and it lives up to it's name. This is the nicest dishwasher I have ever owned.
Well I guess that about does it for me. I hope everyone is doing and feeling well. Jackie where are you?! I sure miss your posts.
Talk to you all soon!
Old 02-27-2003, 03:52 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Gals!

I'm here! I have to admit-I was doing the same thing that Spryng was doing & just lurking. I've been so, so, busy! FYI: I'm a designer for Home & Garden Parties It's a rather new company (6 years). By the way....I'm not advertising, just answering everyone's questions here at this thread. I fell in love with their pottery, so I decided to become a designer to show both my enthusiasm for their product & also to receive discounts! I've also been quite busy with my FIL. He's really starting to go down hill & is very consistent with telling us about the "Angels" coming through the walls & ceilings. Some people think he's crazy or it's his meds, but I believe that they could actually be angels! My FIL has been rather bitter towards my MIL for a long time & also holds grudges against past friends & relatives. I believe that the "Angels" are trying to convince him of a second chance to take the journey to the "Pearly Gates". If he forgives & and asks for forgiveness from the Lord. (I'm sorry if I'm losing some of you here, these are just my belief's.) He's afraid of these visitors right now & is afraid to sleep right now. I have to keep giving him pep talks to convince him that they are only there to help him. Oh!, it's been such an emotional rollercoaster with him for the past few weeks!! Ginny: Congrats on your successful WI! Spryng: Congrats on getting another dishwasher! I'm also happy to hear that your kitchen is going so smoothly for you. I'd love to see pictures some day too!
Well gals, it's time to pick my dd up from school. So see yah all later. I'm going to Chicago tomorrow a.m. for a HGP convention & won't be back home 'til late Sat. evening. So-if I don't post until next week, this is why. Well, I guess I'd better run. TTFN
Old 02-28-2003, 09:46 AM   #29  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
I did not get a chance to even get near the computer yesterday.....but it is great to see the posts from Spryng and Jackie today. Jackie- enjoy your trip......and the change of scenery/pace from what you are facing at home. Is FIL's health really taking a turn for the worse? I'll pray for him and you and your family. There are several verses about sleeping in peace "I will lie down and sleep in peace; you alone Oh Lord, make me dwell in safety"- ok, I probably misquoted it- my Bible is upstairs- and I am fairly sure that it is from Psalms. Hang in there! Enjoy your trip/safe travelling. BTW- if you sell by mail, I would love to look at some literature.........you'd sell to a fruticake like me, wouldn't you???

Spryng- Golden Oak is a pretty color........(my doors, railing and woodwork are stained with it!). The kitchen sounds beautiful, and I am so happy that your dishwasher is working so well!!!!!!
Congrats!!! And enjoy it, you deserve it.

Gotta go- schools have a half day today.......so my usual 4 hours off is cut to 2. Out for my walk.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 02-28-2003, 10:30 AM   #30  
One day at a time.

Hello~!

Well, sorry I've been MIA, but I haven't been getting the post replies and it's been crazy here! We had a bad ice storm here this week and DS had a couple of days out of school, but we're finally getting thawed out now!!! Plus I'm getting ready for my moms visit this weekend, so, I've been trying to catch up on ALL of my chores!

Ginny~Congrats on your great weight loss, you should be very proud, and I'm proud for you! Believe me, you're doing great, I'm even a little jealous~! What with gaining now, I'm still a little bummed about gain back some of the weight I lost. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to Finally be pregnant, but not to be gaining!?! Oh Well!

Spryng, congrats to you on a job well done! I would love to be doing some of what you're doing, but I just don't have the talent? I'd love to see some pictures too!

Hi Jackie, sounds like you like your new job, I'm happy for you! I'm sorry to hear about your FIL, it's so hard watching a family member suffer, but I'm sure it means so much that he's got you by his side! You're a good person!

Well, I better get busy again!
catch ya later!
Closed Thread