Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #1  
Run, run, run!

S/C/G: 204/160/???

Height: 5'4"

Default Face Weight Loss

I'm getting close to a 'normal' BMI and starting to see some changes that I don't remember ever seeing when I've lost weight in the past.

I never thought weight would come off my face or boobs, but now that's where the weight is coming off. I don't mind losing some boobs, if I can get out of specialty sizes that would be awesome (32F is not fun to shop for), but I don't like the changes in my face.

I have a lot of weight left to lose, and my face is already looking all wrong. I've always had that chubby round face shape, but now I'm looking angular, drawn, my eyes are bugging out of my head. Do you think it's just aging? I haven't been in a normal weight range since my late teens, now a lot of years later I just don't have those chubby cheeks anymore?

Not much I can do, but was anyone else surprised by changes in their face?
PrairieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Yes, my face is nothing like when I've been this weight in the distant past. I really wish I could gain 5 pounds and it would all go back to my face and chest! Lol. I've bounced around in weight since maintaince up to 10 pounds and even when I'm bloated out with PMS and massive fluid retention, my thin face never changes...just my gut and butt!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #3  
Determined

Location: Initial goal was 150ish. Kept adjusting down to 135. Recently set new goal to 125! BMI Normal Weight!

S/C/G: 185.5 / 132 / 125

Height: 5 feet exactly

I am only 26, and still, I have noticed changes in my face that I don't like, and didn't have the last time I was at this weight (only about 5-6 years ago).

I have wrinkles. Which is really odd, because I have OILY SKIN!

Since I have lost this weight, the lines around my mouth "parenthesis" are so deep, that every day my makeup collects there and looks terrible, which never used to happen.

Between my eyebrows I also have two wrinkles, I guess from squinting or something, but they have never been there before. They are very pronounced right now.

I am hoping that these will fill back in as my skin recovers from the loss?

I'm so young, so this is pretty saddening to me.... Other than those (terrible) things, my face looks the same as it did previously at this weight.

Wrinkles, why why why?
whiteone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

I have reached the lowest weight since I was a teenager (now 24) so I look completely different than before. It is odd, seems like even though I'm still not down to my high school weight my face is already thinner. Go figure.
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #5  

You've heard that old line about after 40, choosing between your face and your arse? It's true for a lot of people. Our faces thin naturally as we age (look at teenage photos of your-age actors, for example, to see how this plays out).
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/168/125

Height: 5'2

I am losing my chubby cheeks but I am not sad to see them go
I think I look better with a thinner, more drawn face. Or maybe I am just used to seeing my chubby cheeks all these years and just welcome a change.
Dusti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #7  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

That is one of the main reasons I chose 140 as my goal weight instead of 130. I had gotten down to 130 a few years ago when I was 43 and I did, indeed, look to thin in my face and the wrinkles were more pronounced. When I got my weight up another 10 pounds to 140, my cheeks became fuller, my wrinkles softened and I had a healthy glow. Unfortunately, I didn't keep my weight there, but I do feel that is the best weight for me for that reason and because it was easier to maintain than 130.

Now, sagging, gaunt-looking facial skin is another thing. I've started to do facial exercises from a dvd that I ordered from Amazon that got wonderful reviews. I've only just started to do it (the full routine is 20 minutes long), but I really feel my facial muscles being worked and, it might be my imagination, but I feel as though my upper eyelids do not look as crepy. I'll know better in a month or two of continuous workouts if it does, indeed, improve the face and will let you know.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #8  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

I've noticed a major difference in my face, but since I was so overweight for my height, my face was...well, it was rather huge. (I had three chins!) So I don't mind the weight loss in my facial area. My weight loss has been slow, too, so maybe that contributes to the fact that I don't look drawn. Who knows how that will change, though?

Long story short: I think it's normal to lose weight in your face, especially if you've got a lot of weight to lose. I guess it's one of those things you have to deal with when you're losing weight! *L*
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #9  
Super Squish

S/C/G: 290/254/170

Height: 5'

I've, to date, lost 53.6 lbs and I see it all over, even in my face.
[IMG][/IMG]

That's when I started a year ago. The next is me yesterday.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Princess Squish; 10-22-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Princess Squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #10  
Run, run, run!

Princess I wouldn't even know you're the same person! And your face is still beautiful.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #11  
~Kim~

You're only about 5lbs away from a normal BMI. Is there a reason you have to get to 119? I'm just saying, maybe you don't actually need to lose that much more weight, and it's time to focus more on toning things up.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:36 AM   #12  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

i continue to be weirded out by my face. i don't know what to think of it, and i always think it's too fat no matter how thin i'm getting. i really have no idea what i look like to other people, like no conception at all, because i can only remember myself as i've been for most of my life.

have you been a normal bmi in your adult life before?
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:13 AM   #13  
Super Squish

S/C/G: 290/254/170

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGirl View Post
Princess I wouldn't even know you're the same person! And your face is still beautiful.
Thank you. I've had a hard time not comparing the two photos since taking the second one on the 21st. It's hard for me to look at the first one and admit it's me because even though I know it's me and IMO it looks like me, and I remember getting the pic taken, I don't remember being that fat. But.. Sometimes I still feel that fat.

It's really weird to me. And then I wonder... OMG What's it gunna be like when I get to goal!?
Princess Squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #14  
Run, run, run!

I was at a normal BMI in my early 20's, but I would have considered myself 'skinny fat'. I never exercised and wasn't in any kind of shape at all.

119 is just a number, really I'm going to just keep going until I look good. I was in the 120's in my teens and still looked fat. I have no concept of what weight will look good on me. Reaching 145 is a start and gets my doctor off my back because I'm 'normal', but I'm not one of those lucky people who carries weight well. People would I guess I weigh 25lbs more than I do.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #15  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I am very top heavy in terms of how I carry my weight, and that includes in my face and neck. I have certainly seen some progress there but my face is still very full and I don't have any defined chin/jawline - my face just blends into my neck.

I am hoping that when I get to goal, the full face is an asset and I'll get a bit of defined jawline but won't have the gaunt face syndrome.

I'm almost 50 but still not really any wrinkles yet except that with the weight loss, I am starting to see those marionette lines around my mouth. I would probably go ahead and get one of those cosmetic filler injections if they get much worse. Maybe that will be my reward for reaching goal.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote