Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #1  
Looking for ♥ONEderland♥

S/C/G: 256/See ticker/175

Height: 5'7''

Post I'm ashamed....

Im so ashamed of what I did over the past weekend....And this is my rant...
I tried so hard to stay on my diet on vacation, and well I started out really good, but I tanked.

FYI I am now officially going thru a divorce and Ive been really stressed, the only good thing goin on lately is Ive been losing weight .

So I had a mini vacation down to a friends place for a few days, and we went out a few times and had a great time. I wated my calorie intake and was doing great. Until we started drinking. I never drink. It's been over 6 months since I last did. But I deffinatly made up for it this time. I stopped counting around 5,000 calories on Friday but by no means stopped the consumption. Now grant that less than 2,000 of this is food but to top it all off, Saturday the only food I did eat was a big ol greasy burger from Jack-N-The-Box. And when all said and done, not to much stayed down in the end. This continued until Tuesday when I had to go back to reality and go to work.

So tonight I stepped on the scale and of course I'm up a kilo. I feel like starving myself for a week now. And I dont think I'll ever drink again...
I should be shunned from the diet world and thumped in the head to boot.
texasmedic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 4''

Hey....try not to sweat it. I am ashamed at my binge that recently happend....so horrible. Tomorrow you and me are going to get back on track! Get ready for success
Mashy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #3  
Looking for ♥ONEderland♥

Agreed! Tomorrow it's right back to good food and working out!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #4  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

The best thing you have done is come here and be accountable to someone other than yourself (a great motivator) and to yourself. Dust yourself off, forgive yourself, move forward and, most importantly, start being nice to yourself, again. I think sometimes when we do those things we are punishing ourselves, although it doesn't feel that way in the moment. Hindsight is 20 20. Already you are regretting all that "fun" you had. Looking backwards, you can see that you deserve better. Look forward and get back to treating yourself accordingly. Good luck and hugs.

Last edited by 124chicksinger; 08-10-2011 at 11:17 PM.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #5  
Looking for ♥ONEderland♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
Let's put things in perspective here.

You didn't get out of control drunk and dance naked on top of a parked car. You didn't get arrested for prostitution. You didn't steal food from a starving homeless person. You didn't verbally abuse complete strangers in bars. There's a whole bunch of other pretty awful things you could have done to feel legitimately ashamed... things that others have certainly done... that you didn't do.

What did you do? You went out drinking and ate a hamburger.

You're in the middle of a divorce and you wanted to blow off some steam. I'm sure you've got a lot of things that you're stressed out about. I'm sure that parts of the divorce are ugly and painful. Out of all the things to be ashamed of, a night out drinking and eating a hamburger is **not** one of them. It doesn't even make the top-100 list.
LOL, thanks, this makes me smile and feel better lol, and I am mostly back on the diet today , super strict starting tomorrow
Old 08-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

You didn't get out of control drunk and dance naked on top of a parked car. You didn't get arrested for prostitution. You didn't steal food from a starving homeless person. You didn't verbally abuse complete strangers in bars. There's a whole bunch of other pretty awful things you could have done to feel legitimately ashamed... things that others have certainly done... that you didn't do.

You're in the middle of a divorce and you wanted to blow off some steam. I'm sure you've got a lot of things that you're stressed out about. I'm sure that parts of the divorce are ugly and painful. Out of all the things to be ashamed of, a night out drinking and eating a hamburger is **not** one of them. It doesn't even make the top-100 list.
*like*

It was a weekend. Not a lifetime!
Move on!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #7  
I think I can...

Quote:

This is so great! It even made me feel better! lol
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #8  

We all have scars from falling off the wagon. Just dust yourself off and climb back on, we're reaching out to help you up. Make this a learning experience and just move on from there. I'd expect some of that kilo is water and it will come off quickly once you get back on track.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote