Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 06:35 PM   #31  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello,
Went to meet my school counselor about graduating this spring. Found out I did have to find a 1 unit class to have enough credits to graduate. So I added bowling! He let me add and they had their first bowling session today. So I bowled 3 games. Did so so, got tired the 3rd game and my thumb hurt! Should be fun!

I did ok today, making breakfast at home but the bowling class was unexpected and i didn't get home until about 3 pm and i didn't have lunch, so i made a bad choice and went fast food. So now I have to be careful and just get back on track again.
Old 01-21-2003, 07:15 PM   #32  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down Tuesday Evening

HELLO LADIES--- :

Hope this post finds you all well today. I gave blood today for my regular donation-- I usually do a red cell deal but they called last night and wanted the normal whole blood donation-- I wasn't sure why and this a.m. they said that because I am O neg. they needed mine for a baby-- because the red cell thing I do has some type of perservative that babies can't have. Doesn't matter to me, I am just glad to be able to do it.

My nurse called today and I have to go in for a glycol hemoglobin blood test for diabetes. She said the dr. just wants to be sure-- that it is probably o.k.

MITCHYPOO -Welcome-- bowling, somersizing and circut gym-- you'll be where you want in no time

ZOE Thanks for the advice-- as far as my weight of 180 and 6 foot even-- before I turned 42 (48 now) I was always under 160 then at 42 it just started to catch up with me-- slower metabolism vs. fast/junk food. Thank the good Lord that I met my health concious wife at 40!!! Or else I would be in bigger trouble. ANYWAY-- my point-- I have a thin frame so the extra poundage is right in my belly ( which is as we all know not too attractive!!) Get that DH Greg of yours up and going like my wife NAGS-- oops! cross that out---ENCOURAGES me!!

SHERRY I know what you mean about the water-- easy in the summer-- with me when it's cool/cold (OR FREAKIN BLAZIN HOT) it's coffee (no sugar at least--black). But I, although not a Gatorade person, by chance tried an orange ice Gatorade-- not too bad-- helps me get the water intake going (it's #1 ingrediant of course is water.) Just a thought. How are those classes going? Are you over break yet?

Well gotta fix dinner before the wife gets home from the afterschool program-- tonight it's penne pasta, babysnap peas, tomatoes, turkey kilbasa, mozzarella cheese and some yellow and red peppers all mixed up with garlic and onion.

THANK GOD FOR GOD!!! Gary
Old 01-21-2003, 07:16 PM   #33  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

ALMOST FORGOT -- To everyone else, my prayers. Gary
Old 01-21-2003, 07:45 PM   #34  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hi Everyone!

It's sooo cold here. I don't want to leave the house in the morning. I am so ready for spring!!

Gary: I hope all goes well with your glyol test. Your sugar level is probably high because you're such a sweet guy.

Mitchypoo: Welcome! I'm glad you've found a program that works for you. I just try to eat right and exercise by walking and doing light weights. Keep posting and letting us know how you're doing.

Zoe: YOur new home sounds lovely. I don't envy you all the packing, moving and unpacking. I'm still in the middle of it but I can see the floor in some places now. I think I'll do some fun stuff like hang pictures this week.

Mrs.hummer: I have a real problem getting that water in myself. I keep a bottle at work with me and should be filling it more often. Let's remind each other to get drinking!!

Hello to Claudette, JPD, Sami, Gutchie. Please come talk to us. We need each other.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:34 PM   #35  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Thanks for the welcome!

I cannot believe how sore I feel tonight from bowling! Better get use to it.

May I please request prayer for my mother (Anne) who is having cateract surgery tomorrow. She is not nervous, she knows that she is in God's hands but I of course worry. I'm praying that she has minimal pain and a quick healing. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2003, 01:52 AM   #36  

It was a long, lonely weekend (48 hrs) .. with my Alzhiemer lady. Tried all weekend to log on to the computer but no go. since it belongs to the other caregiver I didn't fiddle with settings ect. Just muttered my displeasure.

It's almost midnight here but wanted to let you know that Chris came through the surgery O.K. she's to druged to say much, and in a lot of pain... but got to hug and kiss her this afternoon so my heart is more peaceful. Will find out more tomorrow. Our son is staying the night so he can go back to the hospital early tomorrow. It's strange to have him here with out Chris. Hubby is asleep a long time ago and I'm on my way.

Thank you for your prayers. Will have to catchup on the posts again. GOODNIGHT one and all!
Old 01-22-2003, 07:26 AM   #37  

Angry WEDNESDAY

Good morning EVERYONE!

Just have aminute to check in. Please say a prayer for me. All of a sudden I have taken on 7lbs of fluid and back to having chest pain. With my Diastole heart failure any extra fluid puts more strain on my heart and causes my heart not to pump efficiently. I have a heavy day today too and can't get out of it. I will try to take it as easy as I can. I may have to go do some patients and then come home and rest for a while before I go back out and finish the rest.

Sorry I'm not addressing each individually but I just can't right now. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:36 AM   #38  

Angry Hi kids! I'm back!

Sorry I was gone so long but stayed at home with mom during the time dad was in the hospital, took alot of time off from work. Dad went into metabolic acidosis, and respiratory acidosis after his surgery and then was put in intensive care. , then moves to progressive, and then reg. hospital, and is currently in re-hab. to make a long story short He seems to be fine now, he had a reaction to the moriphine and was holding a higher co2 count then o2 count in his blood. Pastor is still recieving radiation
treatments to his back. He also is getting weekly injections to raise his blood counts. He will go back to Dartmouth as soon as his radiation is over. I will keep ya posted. Thanks so much for all the prayers, you guys are awsome. I think my life should return to normal whatever that is ha ha ha. I skimmed all the posts too-- many to read just know my prayers are with all of you, welcome to all newbies. We are still in the deep freeze we had -12 but with wind chill factor even colder there was warning about skin exposure being put on the news. Gee ez- sure your not interested in moving, I am still waiting for warmer days. The sun is currently shinning, and it looks beautiful. But actually 8 degrees outside.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:40 AM   #39  

Angry continued-

Hope this finds you all well! Your all in my thoughts and prayers. God bless,
Old 01-22-2003, 11:27 AM   #40  

Angry continued

Thank God for all the friends I have made here. It is a great support group. For which I am so blessed.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:57 PM   #41  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Wink WEDNESDAY NIGHT IN CALIFORNIA

HAPPY HUMPDAY LADIES--

That hump just keeps getting harder and harder to get over doesn't it? I am doing fairly well today-- had a salad with a can of salmon on it for lunch and 2 pieces of whole wheat toast and peanut butter for breakfast. Not sure on the calories but I think it was healthy. For dinner I am making a casserole with whole wheat pasta radiatore, chicken breast pieces, canadian bacon, green onion, mozzarella cheese and chicken broth mixed with dijon mustard over it-- I hope it is good-- I kind of made it up combining leftover stuff I had and mixing a few recipes. The wife is at her daughter's soccer game and I had to miss it picking up my nephew at school--- the wife won't complain no matter what it taste like-- IT'S COOKED!!!

SHERRY -- So sorry to hear of your chest pains! I hope this post finds that fluid problem taken care of. You are in my prayers. I hope your patients appreciate you coming in like that-- but I bet you didn't tell them-- did you?

WILMA-- Thank you for the compliment on being sweet!! It made me . I don't know much about this blood sugar thing-- I do know that I NEVER eat sweets-- I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I am into the potato chip or popcorn snack thing. Hope you are all settled in and enjoying that new job and home.

ZOE-- Hey I forgot to tell you congratulations on that new house I think--- my it is BIG-- good for you and that family!!

SUE Glad to hear from you--- wow you sure were busy with your family. Glad to hear your dad is o.k. now and that your Pastor is still able to try different procedures-- Who knows what God has planned. We just keep praying.

MITCHYPOO and TEAKI -- My prayers are with you for your respective mom and DIL. Post again when you can.

Well I gotta set the table-
IN CHRIST-Gary
Old 01-23-2003, 08:51 AM   #42  

Angry Thursday

Good Morning EVERYONE!!!

I am feeling some better this morning. Had a super busy day yesterday and pushed myself to get through. Then I came home and rested and took Lasix and got some of the fluid off. It really hurt my feeling to see that 7lb gain overnight (I'm sure it was fluid). I'm wondering now if my liver is messing up again. Last year I had a bout of drug induced hepatitis from taking drugs like Avandia, Lipitor and Tylenol. Yes, can you believe it?? Since I have been nauseated, fatiqued, swelling, etc... I just don't know. I will have to talk with my MD today. I REALLY need to have the gastric bypass surgery my DR ordered but my insurance has refused to pay for it. Maybe I should write Oprah or Richard Simmons for help. (??)

Anyhoo, HOW is EVERYBODY REALLY????? This thread seems a little slower lately than normal.

SUE~ Glad to hear your Dad is doing better. Prayers continue for him, your mom and your pastor. I'm TIRED of this cold weather too. BRRRR!!!!! It's 20 here this morning and not suppose to get over 31 today and 2 days ago it was 70. No wonder we are all sickly!! Glad you are back!!! Missed you!

GARY~ Glad to hear you are trying to eat better. You GO! fixing supper for your dear wife. I so appreciate when my DH does that! I have lost some of my fluid this morning and am better. No I didn't tell most of my patients but some of them that know me well, that I have been seeing for a year or two, KNEW something was wrong because I wasn't myself. I try real hard to be upbeat and lift them up when I'm there since I may be the only person they see all week. It's so sad to see the elderly where they are hardly ever visited by their own kids that may live close by and have no other close friends to check on them. Some of them even have been active in church all their life but now not even the preacher comes to see them. The younger generation of preacher don't visit the elderly like the older preachers did/do. Some preachers in our town do visit but most of them are over 50. It's just sad. Sorry, didn't mean to get on my soapbox.

EVERYONE check in when you can. POST OFTEN!!! We like to hear from you!!

Gotta run and get ready for work. Thank goodness, I have a light day today.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:52 AM   #43  

I just have a minute my computer has something wrong with it so my DH has been trying to fix it ( he takes up my time on the computer) I went to the DR yesterday and he said LOSE Weight! I am back on the meridia because I have gained again! Why do I keep doing this to myself?
Sherry-I am worried about you! Praying for you keep us posted.
EZ-Praying that test goes well!
Zoe-Yeah sooooo happy for you on the new house!
Wilma-Hanging pictures can be fun!
Teaki-I know how you feel about the computer!
Sue-You have been missed so glad you dad is doing better. Keeping you in prayers keep us posted.
Mitchypoo-I hear bowling can burn lots of cals! so that is a plus!

Praying for an OP day!
sami
Old 01-23-2003, 08:53 AM   #44  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

We are still in a deep freeze here! It's -30C here today with no signs of it changing any time soon. I would much rather stay at home in bed on mornings like this but off to work I go.

I had something happen to me this week that made my day. I work in a Credit Union and we are to wear uniforms to work. The lady came in with the spring wardrobe this week and when I asked her what styles the pants came in she said the women's sizes (meaning larger) had elastic backs on the waist. She looked at me and said you won't need them. I felt so good. It's given me incentive to try to lose a bit more before she comes for fittings in March.

Gary: you keep giving me good ideas for dinners. Thanks! DH made dinner last night after my leaving him directions to do it. He did a fine job. Very tasty mushroom chicken rice dish. All I had to do was cook the broccoli.

doitforme: Wow! You have a lot to deal with. You are in my prayers!!

mrshummer: Please be okay. You are also in my prayers.

Teaki: Take care of yourself and get some rest. It sounds like you need it.

mitchypoo: Being sore means you've been doing something. Once you get in better shape it takes longer to get sore. I only notice it now if I use muscles that haven't been used in a while.

Hi to all the rest of you. Post please! We need you!
Old 01-23-2003, 09:53 AM   #45  

Angry Hi ya!

It has been an interesting morning so far. My hot water is frozen up, which I don't understand it suppose to be hot ha ha ha, someone has a sense of humor. So, I went to my neighbors for a shower yahoo. I am still smiling, not, but anyway you guys brightened my morning which is about 15 degrees below zero. So Thanks!!! Mrs. Hummer, I must have missed you having chest pain and problems somehow, when I was skimming I pray you continue to get better, and will keep you in prayer to recieve a n answer to having the surgery, insurance company's are terrible. Some geek behind a desk with no medical training renders the decision what they cover, or what they don't go figure.
Hi E.Z. you can save a dish or cassarole that sounds yummy, sorry to hear you were haveing issues with being to sweet, but we weren't surprised by that, however, will keep you in prayer that your next blood levels are better, , by the way has your nephew progressed anymore. With your positive influence things had to improve.
Closed Thread