Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 11:17 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #67

Stay at home Mom's #67

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #66 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny
Old 01-11-2003, 11:23 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Well, I do not usually get online this many times in a morning, but I had left a question at HGTV's web site, and Dh wanted me to look for some other info online so here I am.

The last two posters on the previous thread were Melissa and Spryng. Melissa, sorry that you were not feeling well. Not to worry about your weight gain~ gosh you have lost so much!! One not as good week had to be expected. I am sure that you will get right back into your losing ways, soon! You are doing great, hang in there! And I hope that you are feeling better.

Spryng~ hope that the Prime Rib and family reunion treat you well.

As for me, we are off to Lowe's (I am attempting rag rolling in the new bathroom- anyone want to come watch for the entertainment value???) and Ds's basketball game. It is so cold today- I doubt that I will get a walk in and my family has both TV's in use, so Leslie Sansone will have to wait also. I did get out 4 days this week, so all is not lost.
Gotta go, Dh is a beckoning.
Have a great weekend!
Ginny
Old 01-11-2003, 10:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Yes Ginny the family reunion actually went great! I found out that I do not like prime rib (I'm not a meat person) but they had a good ham I munched on some. We played games and all in all it was a blast. I'm so glad. I get so anxious about big family dinners and such because this family can have some knock-outs when they want to. But all went well. No fighting at all.
Sorry to hear about your gain Mel but I know it will be off in no time, in fact it was probably just water retention. Keep up the good work!!
Guess I'll get off here now. Talk to you all later!
Old 01-14-2003, 08:17 AM   #4  
One day at a time.

Morning!

It's been quiet here, but that can be good sometimes! Give a girl the time to catch up with everyone

Ginny~How's that bath room coming? I'm sure it'll be great when you get done! I've never been much into decorating, but my mom is amazing, so I'm lucky for that!

Spryng~Glad that things are going good for you, it's hard being in a new place but it's great that y'all have family there for you! When we move to Texas 4 years ago, we moved away from all of our family and friends, which was very hard for me but I love it here now!

As for me, not much going on, I'm still not feeling well, so I made a DR. appt. for Friday. This crazy weather here doesn't help, one day it's in the 60's and the next day the 30's! It's no wonder that everyones been sick around here! I'm still OP though, but not as well as I should be, but it hard when your sick. I'm not giving up though, I'll be back at it in no time!

Time to get DS ready for school!

TTFN
Old 01-14-2003, 10:12 AM   #5  

Good morning!
Mel- I know what you mean about the weather being so crazy. It hit almost 70 degrees last week and then it snowed!! Crazy crazy... I hope that you are doing well today.
Well, here I am 17 weeks as of yesterday. Boy is it just me or is time really flying? It seems like yesterday when I posted I was 4 weeks along. Wow. 3 more weeks till the big ultrasound. I can't wait. So other than that not much is new with me. Hope to see some more posts here later!!
Old 01-16-2003, 06:42 AM   #6  
One day at a time.

Morning ladies!

Well, I finally went to the Dr. to find out why I've been feeling bad. And finally~Seven years in the making~I'm Pregnant!!!

Spryng, looks like you have a little company now! I'm glad to hear you're doing good, and the Ultrasounds is coming up soon~ I love that part! It's been so... long for me though, since my son just made 12.

I'm 7 1/2 weeks, and am very nervous about getting through the first trimester, so wish me luck!

I'm going lay back down for a little while, I'll be back later! Hope to hear from y'all soon, and hope everyone is doing alright!

TTFN
Old 01-16-2003, 12:05 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
(I hope that you are having a good one......mine has been a quite a bit less than good........)

Melissa!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! The same thing happened to me.......I was feeling crummy, had a few other complaints too only to find out I was pregnant (this was 8 years ago~ don't get excited!). What wonderful news. I will keep you in prayer~ yes it is nerve wracking getting thru the first trimester (I was plagued by miscarriages).

Spryng~so you have some company now! Glad that the reunion went well. And sorry that prime rib did not agree with you, but then I am not such a big beef eater either......

Gotta go get my dinner in gear. Have a good day!
Ginny
Old 01-16-2003, 02:13 PM   #8  

melissa!! I am so thrilled to have some company!! That explains why you were gaining after so many continuous losses. Wow. So when is your due date? How are you feeling?? Wow. I am so amazed right now. What does your husband think? I'm very happy and excited for you!
Well, we got more snow last night. It's so cold outside. We aren't going anywhere today. Everything here is going well though. I'll catch you all later!
Old 01-16-2003, 06:46 PM   #9  
One day at a time.

Talking

Good evening!

Thank you Spryng and Ginny!

We're very excited, my Dh has been telling everyone! Well, Me too! I feeling pretty good, just having a lot of nausea, but like you, if I eat small meals often, I do better. I've been tired too, and have a headache but I know those will all pass, so I'm just trying to enjoy every moment of it! I even started a pregnancy journal today, so that I can look back and remember.

Well, I better go get started with dinner.

Have a good evening!
Old 01-17-2003, 10:23 AM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
Well, today has been a bit better.........but it is so cold out there!!!! And they are predicting even colder tomorrow.
Today is busy~just the usual and then Dd has a physical today and Ds has a basketball game. Life is never boring here!
Gotta go switch this computer over to recieve a fax.

Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 01-17-2003, 02:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Day, All!

I'm sorry that I've been MIA for awhile. I've been really busy this week. We had to take my FIL by ambulance to the Hosp. on Sunday around 3:00 a.m. He's a diabetic & it turned out that he OD'd on humilin. His B/S was less than 50 & his body temp. was down to 92 d. (This is considered hypothermia). So...between the trip to the ER & tons of follow-up Dr.'s appt.'s this week, I'm bushed! DD & I leave for an indoor camping trip this aft. & will return on Sunday with the Girl Scouts. We're excited! Mel: Congratulations on your pregnancy! Hmmn....maybe you'll get that girl after all! I'm sure you'll be happy with a boy too! Ginny: Are you done with your rag-rolling project in the Bath yet? If so, how did it turn out? My DH is painting my DD's Bedroom while we're camping this weekend. (Just with a regular roller though). She's going with a horse theme but will bring the decorating out in the bedding/curtains, pictures & other horse gizmos instead. So...how are you doing on our challenge? I'm not doing the greatest, but I still have time to make it, right? Spryng: I bet you're happy to have Mel join you in your healthy baby & me eating plan, huh? I hope that your energy is starting to return again. Have you been getting any help from your DH's family with your kids? I sure hope that you get a break from time-to-time. Well gals, I'm getting a little sleepy, so I'll close for now. C-U all later!

Last edited by Freckles; 01-17-2003 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2003, 05:28 PM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Another quick hello. Great to hear from you, Jackie! Sounds like quite some ordeal with FIL. He is stabilized now, I hope? It can be tough to keep blood sugar level.......my Dm is a type II diabetic and just minor changes in activity level, or a mild cold can throw her blood sugar out of whack. What a good DIL you are- taking care of FIL like you do. I hope that this camping weekend is fun, and a bit relaxing for you (betcha its gonna be cold though!).
As for me, this week was too insane for rag rolling.......but I hope that tomorrow I can get started. I went thru quite an ordeal with
Dh and the paint~ with the great debate of oil based vs latex (he won, the paint is oil based) and I wonder if the latex glaze will work over that. I will have to see..........
As for me and the challenge, I have been a good girl with my walking. My eating is so so- but I lost 2#. Guess there is hope!
Hope that you are doing ok on your challenge too. As for me, I want to look like a human being by August- when we go on vacation.
Gotta go! Have a great weekend.
Ginny
Old 01-17-2003, 09:23 PM   #13  

Good evening all!
Jackie so sorry to hear about your FIL. Hope things are better for him and you. And yes I am thrilled to have melissa join me in the wonderful state of pregnancy!! Especially since it took her so long to concieve. That is always such a blessing. Yes my energy is starting to return. Slowly. I find that if I eat pre-sweetened cereal for breakfast I am drained all day long and feel so crappy... but if I eat something else like eggs and hashbrowns I feel great. What is all that about??? But I'm learning. It's so crazy how different this pregnancy is. You have to learn your body all over again every time.
Ginny I hope your paint job goes well. Sounds like fun to me! Next month I get to start on the kids rooms. I am so excited! my dd room is going to be a dark (but not too dark) shade of purple/lavender and my ds room will be a soft yellow. (spongebob theme) I've never got to paint thier rooms before so I am excited.
Well, today has been a long yet fun one. We went to Kansas City again to look at some things at Home Depot and then ate at a nice mexican restaurant. Then we went to Babies R Us. It was fun to window shop and dream of what will be in the months to come. Ahhhh... (sigh) I'm beginning to feel anxious/delirious about this baby. I can't wait to see/hold him or her. Well, I'm beat so I'll chat with you gals later! Oh congrats Ginny on your 2# loss!! You will make the 5 lb challenge!!
Old 01-17-2003, 11:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

WOW! 2 pregnant moms! Yay! Congratulations! I'm so happy for the 2 of you!!
Well I finally found my way back here. Shew! It's been rough. After getting all of my Mammaws affairs taken care of and the funeral finished. I was wiped out. Then my momma had an emergency exploritory surgery which found her apendix had ruptured. I was awful girls. I'm telling you I have never been so happy to be back home. Momma is doing better. She has alot to cope with after losing her momma and her surgery. But I just couldn't stay there any longer. I live 5 hrs away from my parents.
lol here I a babbeling away.. I hope you all remember me.
Anyhow here I am making my first real attempt to get back in diet mode. Not sure what path to follow yet I'm exploring my options yet.
Sooo I'll go surf the neet awhile and see what is new on the diet scene and check you girls tomorrow
Nighty Nite!
~Misty
Old 01-18-2003, 06:58 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Wow. Misty, you sure have had your share of trials!!!!! I am glad that you are home.........and hopefully feeling somewhat secure and safe there.......I will pray for you- for some peace and calm after all that you have been thru. How is your Momma feeling?

Just a quick update.....I did finally get to the rag rolling today......and found that using a plastic shopping bag (printed side in) dipped in the glaze was absolutely beautiful!! I did the whole bathroom (average sized) in 2 hours- complete with water and potty breaks. And it looks great!!!!! I would recommend it to anyone.......took no talent (which I have none of anyway).
Gotta go, Dh wants the 'puter!
Enjoy your weekend.
Ginny
Closed Thread