Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 11:07 AM   #31  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Gee, it seems as though ages since I have been here......but so glad to see your posts, Spryng and Jackie. This week is busy as the high schools have mid terms and I get to spend extra time in the bus (like I needed that!). But that is good for our savings account, and being that we just ordered new furniture for Dd (16) we could use the extra bucks. Today I have Dd home (7) with a bad cold. I will be driving this afternoon, she is not that sick~ but I felt it better if she could at least rest this morning and not be exposed to so much junk (the lovely stomach bug that Ds had this weekend, for example!) As for me, I have a cold, not too bad but a cold. I have gotten in my walks- 3 days in a row. And as soon as I am off here and have read Pooh with Dd, I am going to do my Leslie Sansone tape (found by Ds who was the one who misplaced it in the first place). Speaking of the dear boy.......we are having a doozey of a time with him and his mathematics...he hates it (always has) and this year has an awful teacher. I am in the process of getting the curriculum that he will have to follow next year and plan on getting him tutored this summer to get him up to where he should be. This should be fun, you will be able to see the sparks fly in Wisconsin and Oklahoma when I tell him about that !!!

Spryng~ gee my heart goes out to you with your family problems. It is not your fault, you did nothing to bring this upon yourself and being in Oklahoma is the best thing you could possibly do! The baby will not know who was there or not......but I know that it is hard not to have your family there. My in-laws were nowhere to be seen for Ds or my youngest Dd's births~ one of the reasons being that I did not want them in the delivery room (my own mother was not even in the delivery room).
So I know a bit how that feels. They did not visit me at all in the hospital, and they live 15 miles away. It is a pain that never quite goes away....but you realize that it does work out for the best. And we all want nothing but the best for you and your family!!!!!!! Hang in with us, for lots of smiles and hugs, ok?

Jackie- now my eating has been awful too, so do not feel bad! Take your meds, take your meds, take your meds!!!!!! Can you get out for some sunshine too? I have heard that it is best to get out in the morning- to reset your bio clock. I hope that you are feeling better!!!! Get on the bike or treadmill.......drink lots of water...........and take good care of yourself!!!!

Well, my short hello has gone on......and I had better go finish dinner and join Leslie Sansone.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 01-28-2003, 11:46 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
This is just a quick check in. I'm busy cleaning and packing for tomorrow.
Ginny it's great to see that your walking is becoming routine again and I hope you got to work out with leslie sansone. And thank you for your kind words. I think moving to kansas was the best thing I could have did too. It's beginning to feel like home. I am preparing myself to see my parents this thursday. I'm probably more worried than I should be. So I'm trying to relax a little.
Well, other than that I am doing good. The baby is kicking up a storm these days. DH still hasn't been able to feel him/her. Everytime he tries the baby stops moving. But he'll feel it soon enough
OK, I got to go. I'll probably check in again tonight but then I'll be MIA for two days. Wish me luck and thanks for the kind words you guys.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:48 AM   #33  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
Just a quick check in~ I got up early and decided to check in and say hello. Spryng, I will pray for you, for safe passage on this trip and an extra measure of grace for dealing with your family.
Keep smiling and try not to let anything get to you. Maybe I am being overly pessimistic but when dealing with difficult people in situations like this I go in with very low expectations and anticipate the worst (great defense mechanism, eh?)- so being pleasantly surprised can always happen. Have a safe trip and we will miss you here!!!!!!
Gotta go feed the feline monster at my feet and make some tea.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 01-29-2003, 02:23 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi!

Just a quick check in here. Spryng: Hope all goes well for you & DH & that you have a safe trip to & from. Ginny: Want to hear any new feline stories. I have quite a few! As for my OP dealies: I'm doing a lot better today & will also try & get some exercise in. Well gals, DH is breathing down my neck for the cord off this laptop. I guess I'll be without the internet 'til he returns on Friday. TTFN!
Old 01-31-2003, 11:07 AM   #35  

Good morning all! I'm back.
I have good news though. We actually had a really good trip and good things happened. I'm so glad. Then we get home to more good news. Money in the mailbox!! We'll be remodling our kitchen very soon now and I'm so excited!! I can't wait. I will actually be able to use a dishwasher again and have counter and cabinet space again. Wow. Cooking might become fun again instead of a chore. So I am in great spirits. My ultrasound is in 6 days and everything seems to be going our way. Finally.
Well, I'll get off here now. Talk to you all later!!
Old 01-31-2003, 07:53 PM   #36  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!
Jackie~ I'll (actually we) all will miss your effervescent personality and wit.............so tell Dh to get home with the 'puter! As long as he is in a good mood that is! I would love to hear a new feline story or two or three........being that I have a similar monster here. She is quite a character and has a ton of ideosyncracies......but just yesterday I found myself missing Bumstead.......a big loveable orange tabby that we used to have (he has been gone about 5 years) who worshipped the ground I walked on and followed me like a dog.........what a lap cat!! I doubt if RC will ever be that cooperative~ she is such a wacko cat.
The other nite, Dd (7) slept with Dh and I......and was snoring in sync with RC. It was pretty funny. Anyway, we will wait for Dh's return to hear from you. You are over that stomach bug, right?

Spryng~ congrats on a successful trip and the money! Were you expecting the cash? That is just great. And I am so happy that the visit went well for you. Perhaps........just perhaps that you moved away sent a strong message to you folks and they realized what they were missing? What are you going to do to your kitchen? Is Dh going to do the work or a contractor. Sounds so exciting!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you.

As for me, this long week has ended. Today I went for my annual GYN check up........what a thriller.......and then ran into Walmart.....then off to my bus. I also helped out this morning with some extra work ....and have put in at least 30 hours this week. It has been torture and I am beat. Next week should be much easier and I will not work so much. My house looks like a bomb exploded.....and I wonder if I will ever get to the bottom of the family room. But I do know that this week was unusually difficult. I did get out for a walk 4 days in a row (one day I did Leslie Sansone)- but my eating has been poor. Gosh I need a kick in the can!!!!!! And then to have to get on the Dr's scale today. No surprise there...........I have a lot of weight to lose, plain and simple!
Tomorrow Ds has a basketball game......and as far as I know we do not have any other plans. I hope to squeeze a walk in too.
Guess I had better go. Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 01-31-2003, 10:55 PM   #37  

Good evening all!
Ginny you are doing good already! Getting your walks in and your workout tape is great and eating better will soon follow. Someday we will come tothis site to chat and just ctach up because we will all be at our goal weights. (I hope anyway) but you are motivated to keep exercising and that is really important.
Yes we were expecting some cash but not until next month and not as much as we are getting. So it was a great suprise! What are we doing to our kitchen?? Well, moving it for one. Right now all I have is a sink and a small counter and each side with two cabinets above and that is it. It's so hard to cook in there or clean. Or store things for that matter. So, where are dining room is it's bigger and contains the washer and dryer. I hate having it right there by the kitchen table. Dirty clothes and food just doesn't appeal to me. So we are relocating the kitchen to where the dining room/laundry room is and moving the laundry room to where the kitchen is and closing it off so that it is an individual room. Plus all the flooring is carpet in every room of this house so we are putting down tile and all that so that I don't have to vacuum by the stove (it's so strange to do that) So anyway, we will have a much bigger kitchen with plenty of cabinet, counter space and a closed off laundry room when it is all done, plus we will have room for a dishwasher again and that will be heaven!! I can't wait to be able to just throw dishes in there and forget about it. But that is our project next month. then I'll be redoing the kids' rooms. painting and buying them both twin beds. My dd is getting a beautiful canopy bed that I am really excited about and my ds is having is room done in spongebob and he just loves him, so everyone will be happy Including me. Some day this house will be just the way I like it. But that's the nice thing about owning, isn't it.
Well, my day has went well. I'm, bushed tonight though so I'm calling it a night. Talk to you all tomorrow!!
Old 02-01-2003, 01:56 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi!

I just want to make this very brief. I'm going out of town with a friend & we're going to a Home & Garden Party convention. I'll fill you all in later with the details. Spryng: I'm so happy for you! You only deserve the best! Ginny: Congrats on getting your walking in. I hope all went well with the GYN appt. Let us know, okay? Kitty stories to follow. TTFN
Old 02-01-2003, 12:03 PM   #39  
One day at a time.

Hello Ladies!

I'm still around, just been resting and trying to get through this morning sickness. On top of that, I came down with a bad cold/sinus infection, so it really hit me hard. I just starting to feel better though, and the morning sickness has eased up a bit, but I'm still too tired to to much!?!

Spryng, glad to hear that good things are happening for you, and I can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes!

Jackie, have a great trip and we look forward to hearing about your outing!

Ginny, My you stay so busy! I need a nap to get over reading about all that you do! I think we need to call you Wonder Woman!

I'll check in again soon!
Old 02-01-2003, 06:13 PM   #40  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!!
Spryng- gee all your rennovations/decorating sound great. Sponge Bob.........eh? I have a funny story about Sponge Bob. Last year we had Ds (turning 13) bday party here. I went to his school to pick up him and his buddies and bring them home for the party. They spent the entire trip (20 minutes) talking about the latest SpongeBob episode and then broke out singing the theme song! (all of them 12 or 13). It was pretty funny at their age! But they are great kids and have lively senses of humor.
Anyway......your new kitchen to be sounds wonderful and I am sure that you will love. It sounds like you are doing the kitchen yourself. And the canopy bed sounds great! Part of our furniture move here (oldest Dd is getting new furniture in a month or so) is that her canopy bed is going to her sister.......so she gets something "new" also. Congrats on all of your changes...and if you want some help rag rolling......or whatever it was that I did let me know!

Mel- oh I feel so bad for you! Having a cold while pregnant is the pits, especially in the beginning when they are so hesitant to let you take anything for it. Drink lots of water and decaf tea (if you are a tea drinker). It can at least help sooth some of the symptoms. A big hug to you! Glad that the morning sickness has eased up some also.

Jackie-you are going to a Home and Garden Party convention and didn't invite me?????? (only kidding). Sounds like fun! I hope that you had some quality "ladies time out" and come home well refreshed. The kids are home with Dh? How is he at keeping home functional (if it was my house........well I would come home to something that makes a slum look good!)

Well, the gyn appt went ok......and I will let you know how the pap results are. A funny story about my Dr (2 years ago). He came in the exam room and asked all the usual questions and did the entire exam- listened to my lungs, checked my glands, the internal.......etc.......and then left the room without a breast exam.
Both he and the nurse left the room and then she came back in telling me that I could get dressed. I then mentioned to her that I had not had a breast exam......she realized that I was right and went back to get him. The Dr came in.........with a silly grin and said " Oh, you want an exam too? Well, there is no extra charge for that! This is one stop shopping!". Guess you had to be there, but it was pretty funny.
Ds's team won the bball game. They were up by about 10 points with 2 minutes on the clock...then with 5 seconds left the other team was ahead by one. With one second on the clock one of Ds's teammates set himself up out of nowhere with the ball.........shot and scored. It was so exciting!!!! (for us....not the other team).
Ok, I have done my share of babbling for the day. Gotta go fold wash. Hope that your weekends are going well!
Ginny
Old 02-01-2003, 11:15 PM   #41  

Good evening all!
Ginny that bball game did sound exciting. I can't wait till my kids are old enough to be into sports. I love to watch them (well, not ALL of them, but I like alot of sports.)
I think people of all ages like spongebob it's funny because my kids LOVE him and when it's on dh and I can't function. We are glues to the tv and laughing along with it. Patrick is just so funny! So I thought because we all liked it that I would do ds's room in it. I already have the curtains made and hung. The walls will be a light yellow and my MIL is going to make a matching bedspread for him. When I'm done it should be very cute.
Oh and yes we are doing the kitchen ourselves, except for the floors. We'll have professionals install the tile. Dh is a little unsure of doing it himself. But we are buying the cabinets and finishing them ourselves and hanging them and all that. I picked out some really gorgeous paneling for the walls that I love. My kitchen has always been green ivy and frogs and the paneling is white with beautiful cascading ivy on it. (The frogs I incorporate myself into the decor) But yes I am so excited about having a nice kitchen again. It will make this house feel so much more like a home I want to live in for a very long time.
Well, I could go on and on about the remodel and all that but I won't bore you anymore
Mel I hope your cold goes away in a hurry. When I'm sick when pregnant it seems to last forever. Probably because our immune systems have slowed down. I am glad though that your MS has eased a bit. With my first two I had it for two months solid and this time just two weeks to the day. It was so strange. Not that I am complaining. But hopefully it will be completely gone for you soon too!! Get your rest and get better soon!
Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 02-02-2003, 11:03 AM   #42  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Just a a quick check in, I blabbed enough yesterday!

Spryng- well this SpongeBob room sounds so cute!!!!! I wonder if they have any of those huge (as in 2-3 feet tall) vinyl clings for the wall of him. When my oldest Dd was little she had Minnie and Donald on her wall, and they just peeled right off........no mess at all. Yes, I agree, Sponge Bob is pretty funny.......can't believe how dumb the humor is but I like it too. (says a lot for my intellect, eh?). Feel free to chat as much as you like about your home renovations. I am so happy for you~ and it is great to bw able to do what you would like with your home!!! Besides.....sooner or later you might need to vent when all the sheet rock dust.....or saw dust......or whatever gets to you. (just as I am rather sick of all the boxes of bathroom pieces all over the house!) I would love to hear of your progress.

Speaking of houses...........I am also going to leave this question on the HGTV board but I will ask you ladies also. We have a raised ranch/bilevel whatever...... so this is no exotic or fancy house. The windows have shades and of course curtains.
I am sick of the shades.....as a matter of fact detest them. I could bore you for hours with all that I dislike about them, and even though Dh loves them, they are history in my book. Is there something out there I can use to replace them that is :
1. easy to install, as I will be the installer.
2.not too costly (in case I mess up!)
3.will provide the privacy/ room darkening effect of heavy shade.
4. durable, with my not too careful kids.

I welcome any ideas............
Well, gotta go! Lots to do today! Have a great day.
Ginny

Last edited by ECmom; 02-02-2003 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:43 AM   #43  
burned out bus driver

Guess it is time to start a new thread. See ya there!
Ginny
Closed Thread