Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #16  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Fungramma, I don't think you're in the wrong board at all. This is a great place of support. Sometimes, you will get advice that has very good intentions and maybe just comes off a bit harsh. If that happens, you can let the person know or just move on because more likely than not, you will benefit a lot from sticking around. I hope you do. I think Berryblondboys is a very nice person and she meant well, if I had to guess. I'm really sorry it didn't help you. I will be honest that when I read your post, I was surprised that you felt so strongly about reaching a certain amount of calories for the day. On the other hand, you've already lost a lot of weight so whatever you're doing is working for you! I hope you'll stay.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I personally WOULD eat something if I only ate 1000 calories and some of that came from potato chips and butter (a serving of each, totaling around 250-300 cals, or around 25-30% of my daily food intake?). Nothing wrong either of them, but they offer little in the way of nutrients your body needs. When that significant a percentage of my cals come from sources like that I do supplement, whether I'm hungry or not: eggs, 1/2 c yogurt, a salad, SOMETHING to help round out the day.

As someone who is on 1200 I think it's vitally important to make sure on so few calories we are getting the proteins, healthy fats, and vitamins/minerals we need. I do slip up and waste some on candy or chips, but I always try to rectify that by eating something nutritionally dense.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:26 AM   #18  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

The chips were only 140 cal and by butter, I mean light margarine and I only had two teaspoons. I had a banana for breakfast, turkey and tomato on whole wheat toast with a spinach salad with tomatoes, carrots and strawberries and half a serving of light dressing and a light yogurt for lunch. Dinner was grilled chicken breast with an ear of corn and half a cup of mashed potatoes and a half a serving of bbq sauce . According to my calorie tracker it was 935 cal.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #19  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

I agree with some of the ladies in that I do not eat if I am not hungry because chances are, I will be hungrier another day.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #20  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiblue View Post
I personally WOULD eat something if I only ate 1000 calories and some of that came from potato chips and butter (a serving of each, totaling around 250-300 cals, or around 25-30% of my daily food intake?). Nothing wrong either of them, but they offer little in the way of nutrients your body needs. When that significant a percentage of my cals come from sources like that I do supplement, whether I'm hungry or not: eggs, 1/2 c yogurt, a salad, SOMETHING to help round out the day.

As someone who is on 1200 I think it's vitally important to make sure on so few calories we are getting the proteins, healthy fats, and vitamins/minerals we need. I do slip up and waste some on candy or chips, but I always try to rectify that by eating something nutritionally dense.
This makes sense. I would possibly throw in an apple or a slice of watermelon or a protein shake or bar to even out the nutrients.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #21  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungramma View Post
Wow. I thought this was a support board, not a 'criticize other's eating habits' board. Guess I'm in the wrong place.
I wasn't trying to be mean, but there is support and there is support. I had a choice here - support the OP or support what you were saying. I struggled with what to do or say, but I felt it was important to say something that countered your advice because it's not sound advice.

I wasn't trying to be mean, but I was trying to point to it's problems so that shishkeberry didn't think it was a good plan. I know this site is for everyone on every type of plan, but that doesn't mean most people agree with some people's plans. You may not agree with mine and you might have a point there too because no one or no plan is perfect.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 06-23-2011 at 08:14 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I had a choice here - support the OP or support what you were saying.
you are half right.. your choice was to support the OP.. you responded like Fungramma was giving her harmful advice because sha said she ate an oreo.. really! i understand why Fungramma reacted the way she did because your comments reeked of judgement and negativity and no one comes here for that. like u said, no ones plan is perfect and everyone is just trying to find what works for them and we come here for support, advice and community. the OP will glean from the thread what advice and information is useful to her. she doesn't need anyone else to do it for her. now im not trying to be mean, but honest, and to be honest.. your comments left a bad taste in my mouth.
mickey
Mickey79sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

Wow anyway!!!

I eat even if I'm not hungry every 2-3 hours, just something small! it keeps my calories balanced and my blood sugar and prevents me from eating things I shouldn't!
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

I tend to just eat something to make the calories go above 1200 calories even if I'm not hungry, because I know that if I eat less than 1200 calories one day, I will be really hungry the next day and have less energy for working out.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #25  

Height: 5' 8"

I tend to eat in a calorie range which averages out to be about 1500 calories a day. I eat breakfast/snack/lunch/snack/dinner/and sometimes another snack. I eat a little something through out the day all the way through dinner even if I am not hungry because I know that if I do not I frequently binge that night if I do not. After dinner, if I am not hungry and lower than my calorie range, I personally would not eat just to get the range up.

Today I was really hungry and went to 1900. When I average the days of this week, I am only at 1532 so I am not stressed that I ate more today when I needed it, because other days this week I did not need the cals, and did not eat them. This may not work for everyone, but it works for me.

Last edited by envelope; 06-23-2011 at 09:02 PM.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote