Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I couldn't stand the heat when I was heavier. Now, I had to turn down the central air in my house because I was routinely getting too cold.

I rarely wore a coat, and my friends used to joke that it was finally cold when I put a coat on. I have worn a jaket several times this spring when it is not even cold.

I guess I have lost my "coat" that I carried around under my skin. LOL
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:43 AM   #17  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

see i have the opposite of this. i get cold alot and i used to be really hot all the time :3
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I can't handle the heat either. It's funny when people say to me the weather is so nice and I used to say it's too hot for me..and there I am sweat coming from my forehead, lol..I got some weird looks, so I just nod my head now.

I like winter, although as I get a bit older extreme cold bothers me too (although still more tolerable than the heat), so fall and spring are my favorite seasons.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #19  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

My favorite bonus of losing 100 lbs is my heat tolerance. You will be amazed at the difference once you take off the added insulation.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #20  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

when I lost 40+ lbs a couple of years ago, it seemed to re-set my body thermometer. I used to hate the heat and I was always the one who thought it was too warm when other people were comfortable. Now I am usually the person who is cold when others are comfortable!! And it didn't change back when I put the weight back on.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #21  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

All I can say is that losing over 100 pounds & going to the gym regularly has completely changed my attitude toward the whole summer season.

And I mean, completely. Like I did a 180 degree flip.

I don't mind the heat so much. I don't mind wearing the lighter clothes or exposing a little more skin. (And I'm not talking about slutty stuff, I'm talking about plain old bare arms & legs.) I don't even mind sweating, maybe because I get drenched so often at the gym that I no longer think it's a sign of weakness & being out of shape from walking a couple blocks or climbing a staircase. I don't mind being out of doors in plain sight, rather than hiding & cocooning indoors as is more socially acceptable in winter.

I can't believe this on some level. I use to be like the Grinch of Summer (kind of like the Grinch who hated Christmas) & now it makes me happy.

That said, I love my air conditioner & tall glasses of cold iced green tea. But I'm no longer counting the days till the crispness & sweaters of autumn.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #22  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

I look forward to losing more weight just so I will stop sweating like some kind of farm animal.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #23  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

See, I'm from England and we never ever get any really hot weather. And when we do, the nation seems to complain that it's TOO hot. We're a confusing bunch!

I do hate hot weather because my skin is so pale that I burn really easy and I get insanely dehydrated. I love love LOVE hot weather if I'm by a pool with my ipod and book and just relaxing. But I hate hate HATE hot weather if I have to walk around in it for too long.

I do have a problem with chafing in skirts and shorts...which is blunt but true. And I do feel like a bit of a blob in summer clothes. So generally I don't like hot weather because I have to wear so little and I'm a glowing porcelain doll.

I'm also so white that once the swimming pool's chlorine turned me green. True. Story.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I like it warm, but the constant 90+ we've had for the past few weeks is too extreme even for me. I went for a bike ride Saturday and by the end was showing legit signs of heat exhaustion. Give me a high of 82, please!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #25  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm definitely tolerating the heat better with 50 pounds gone. I just don't like the humidity that makes it hard to breathe -especially when working out outside.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #26  
is chubby

Depends on the heat As long as I have water I'm ok unless we have a heat-wave, which is like 42C in the shadow.

What we do here in Greece to be ok with the heat:
a. drink lots of water
b. don't walk/stand in the sun from 11am to 5pm. (as much as you can of course.
c. if you are out of your house have water with you (no other fluid does it)
d. NO ALCOHOL
e. Wear light fabrics like cotton
f. Use sunscreen from 9 am to 7pm (you will thank yourself when you get older)
g. Do NOT eat hot food during the day. Eat fruits, salads, cold wraps, or simply whatever you would eat hot you let it cool overnight and eat it cold next day.
h. Cold showers!!!

Have a nice summer
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #27  
is chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius View Post
I look forward to losing more weight just so I will stop sweating like some kind of farm animal.
Actually as animals humans have a very large amount of sweat glands, while most animals do not. So don't worry. Only horses sweat a lot when it comes to farm animals. (in comparisson)
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 290/288/150

Height: 5'4

I'm so glad to hear everyone's stories!! Happy I'm not alone and happy for all of you who are cooled off now! I can't WAIT until I drop this winter coat of mine! I never have to wear a real coat in the winter either... my mother cringed when I'd walk over (I live in the house right next door!) in a sweatshirt and shorts... LOL.

Anyway, the past three summers I've been overweight, and the past three summers I would never go ANYWHERE without long pants and a hoodie on. (Hoodie = safety blanket) ... so the heat was super unbearable. Not to mention people looked at me like I was insane.

This summer, however, I've turned a new leaf. For the first time in YEARS I've gone out with just a tshirt on! (and pants... LOL. No hoodie!)

Anyway, hope everyone's staying cool today. It's 95 degrees here right now. 82 in the house with the air on... I'm so uncomfortable. We have our pool open, just haven't done the chemicals yet. I need to swim lol.
Michigan Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I used to hate hot weather with a passion, but oddly enough I've become more and more heat tolerant with each year after my weight loss. Here it's currently 95 degrees and was even hotter a bit earlier in the day and I'm sitting in a non-air conditioned room and... strangely enough, I'm absolutely fine. The other half of the house is air conditioned while this side isn't, and usually I'm either lurking around that side of the house or I've jumped up to get my window air conditioner in on the first 80+ day, but I'm not even sure if I'm going to install it this year.

I'm still not a sun person, though, so my dogs are now going to be getting their walks in the middle of the night again.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Height: 5'6"

I'd be happy with 40-60 degrees year round. I loath the heat. It's 100 degrees today and I'm miserable. To make it worse, I work as a CNA in a nursing home, and even though they have finally turned the A/C on they still want to keep it warm enough for the residents. Fairly sure I will drop dead before the end of summer...when I get home from my shift at 11pm and take down my pony tail, my hair is almost sopping wet with sweat
Kitsey is offline   Reply With Quote