Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #256  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Getting sleep again - that is SO NICE. My husband got up with the little guy this morning (I think he got the message that he was slacking A LOT - though not as bad as Pint's Hubby!) Anyway... I feel better and back down to my low, dropped .8 on the scale this morning.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #257  

Good morning everyone! Trapped indoors again today, cool, rainy and so windy I had to keep reminding myself it was the middle of may last night, sounded like middle of february. I half expected to see snow drifts in the driveway by the way it sounded. Oh well, good day to get in a good sweat on the treadmill right?
Finished my day well yesterday, but was only able to get 2 miles out of this body. Hope to do more today.
I was so hungry this morning that I already ate my breakfast, so workout will be in a couple hours.
Hope everyone has a great day!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Amylou - Great restraint on not eating the cookies!

Diana3271 - I hope you get to yje cause of your food allergy soon. My DW is allergic to many foods, some I find very unusual for allergic reaction such as beef and white potatoes.

Pint - Glad to hear that your DH woke up and that your DS is better.

SammyBee - I find that temptations will pass if I resist them and get busy doing something.

Melissa - Your garden sounds terrific. I am having to wait before I am allowed to resume yard and garden work. I tried for the very first time this year, those topsy turvy upside down hanging tomato planters. Was very surprised at the rapid growth and the yield. I did it a little different and planted the top as well as the bottom. Worked well I did find that they took about a gallon of water EVERY DAY!

Jomatho - Congrats on your new low!!

Krystal - Congrats on your NSV !! I have also been rediscovering old clothes that previously did not fit.

Sum - Have a safe and a great trip to Finland!!

Hi to everyone else

Yesterday was 1155 Calories and was a chicken day Had chicken breast, mashed potato and peas at lunch and I made up a chicken and rice dish for dinner with left over chicken breast. My sodium was a new low of 631 mg.

The scale was very kind to me this morning and it gave me a two (2) pound loss to a new low of 240. I hear the 230's knocking at my door. Yea!!

Monsoon style thunderstorms yesterday so I stayed indoors. I don't want Mother Nature to recharge my pacemaker with a lightning bolt.

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #259  

Way to go on the new low, Larry!!! for knocking on the door to the 230s!!!
I notice we have similar goal weights, why do I think you may reach your goal before I do??????? I also notice you are nearing your halfway mark, that is awesome. I am astounded you can get your sodium that low! You must be making everything homemade, nothing processed or packaged? Is there a point where your sodium is too low? That would be a good question for the doc. Thanks for the congrats, even though the scale was up a little for me today, I am trying to celebrate the victories and not sweat the small stuff. I will get there eventually!

Ok, off to workout, I am procrastinating with grocery lists, logging food, surfing the internet, nosing around 3FC; Time to get down to business!
Old 05-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #260  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I have much to say & even more "Thank You's" to hand out!
(Diana32, Jo, Larry, Melissa) I haven't forgotten the words of
encouragement!
I need more today, as DH nicely set up a lunch date with friends
And lunch of choice is Mexican food!
I need it to be Monday & I need
I don't need bottomless chips, salsa, & bean dip!
Quick, someone gimme a
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

hi all! new here...trying to get in shape after having my little one =)
am proud to say im almost 9.4 pounds down! 1.6 pounds down this morning!

diana~ not sure if you go out to eat often, but most vinaigrettes have mustard in them, not sure if you already know that....
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

btw great job everyone!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #263  

I have almost made it through my Sunday!!! We have met my grandparents out for lunch every sunday for the last four years - they sabotage me! Since I'm gluten free it's all to easy to put away sausage, bacon and fried potatoes since they're often the only thing on the menu I can eat. Then we got invited out with some people from church to Logan's Roadhouse.

but I had WILLPOWER!

B: 2 gf pancakes with SF syrup, 4 slices canadian bacon 267 calories
L: LRoadhouse Grilled Salmon (no dill sauce or butter), steamed broccoli plain no butter, health nut salad no cheese, no dressing, croutons or bacon bits, 1 small handful of peanuts, water, 634 calories
Sn: 1 square bliss dark chocolate, frozen
D: not sure yet, but I won't ruin my day by indulging!

Totals: 1600 or less....
amylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Way to go on the new low, Larry!!! for knocking on the door to the 230s!!!
I notice we have similar goal weights, why do I think you may reach your goal before I do??????? I also notice you are nearing your halfway mark, that is awesome. I am astounded you can get your sodium that low! You must be making everything homemade, nothing processed or packaged? Is there a point where your sodium is too low? That would be a good question for the doc. Thanks for the congrats, even though the scale was up a little for me today, I am trying to celebrate the victories and not sweat the small stuff. I will get there eventually!

Ok, off to workout, I am procrastinating with grocery lists, logging food, surfing the internet, nosing around 3FC; Time to get down to business!
Thanks for the encouragement!! It is a rotton trick Mother Nature played that allows us men to lose at a faster rate than women. If I had a say I would like us to be equal.

I am making almost everything myself and reading labels like mad. My goal is 2000 mg sodium but I would rather see 1500 mg which the American Heart Association suggests. The computer resident program that I use to track my food allows me to graph the daily consumption of every nutrient. I am trying to get the mean level of sodium to be about 1500 mg despite some days being higher and some days lower.

I am using some processed food such as Star Kist very low chunk white albacore tuna at 35 mg sodium compared to the regular at 140 mg sodium.
Barilla Pasta is 0 mg sodium as are Walmart grits. I read the labels!

Your weight loss is coming, hang in there.

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #265  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Talking

Melissa: I am ASTONISHED by your weight loss, despite TOM and the evil intruders! WTG on your continued motivation and will power!
I am so encouraged by you
I still think Onederland is closer than you imagine! You can DO IT!!

Kristiina: FINLAND!!! How cool is that!! GREEN with envy! I would defo look in the “Prom” section or at consignments shops in my
area before I spent $750 or so on a dress for one time use. Even Bridal shops in the discounted section often times have bridesmaid
dresses that are nice. Just a thought.

Jo: on the new low! WTG! & I’m glad you stuck with the plan to run, despite not wanting too! It defo works that way sometimes.
I think, “Gosh, I don’t wanna get on my “ but then after about 7 min, I’m good!
As far as how I manage a bottle of wine—that’s easy, I don’t eat! It was over the course of 4 hours—Does that count??

Larry: Congrats on your low! I’m so impressed with your progress! Keep up the FABULAIRE work

Diana32: I hate to hear this about your allergy situation. Hope you pinpoint the culprit soon!

AmyLou: on avoiding the temptation of cookies! I know first hand how hard that is! Those little NSVs will add up quickly—you’ll see!
Just stick to the main goal!! Here’s a little extra just to help keep you on track!

Pint: Hope your children are feeling better and your DH has been a little more supportive. That would suck at my house! I’m intolerable
of things like that, esp. dishes, laundry, and the trashcan!

Aggie—We’re glad you’re here!!

Linds, DianaLA, Roadbiker, Stacy, LLBold, and everyone else

I’ll make my Sunday post in a bit, when I decide on dinner, but I’ll tell you—under the circumstance of tempting Mexican food, I DID SO GOOD!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #266  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello everyone! Busy day. I was in Virginia for the day - same place I was last Sunday in my new dress. I guess you can see more in my 'street clothes' better than a dress that I've dropped a lot of weight because a lot of people were commenting today. Made me feel good.

Had a great on target day - had a protein shake for breakfast, a couple bites of cantalope and a few raspberries. For lunch I had an apple with cinnamon and peanut butter and for dinner I had a big piece of grilled salmon and a ton of asparagus with olive oil. Total calories for the day came in at 1290.

When I got in from Virginia I put mulch down in the center flower bed and put up the rest of the edging in the front flower bed. Then it was time to make dinner. Rain finally hit now, not really interrupting anything of the day, which was a nice surprise.

Tomorrow, if the weather breaks between storms, I'll mulch the front flower bed and around the front tree and move to the back yard and the rock garden flower bed. I'll leave the HUGE flower bed for last so I can figure out how much more mulch I will need.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #267  

Aw, Larry, you are so sweet, and I am not upset at all! I have watched my DH lose weight faster than I can for years and I am used to it! I am truly happy for you and amazed by your tenacity!
K9, I lol when I read your DH arranged for a date at a mexican joint because today when I finished my workout, I went to DH to brag about what I did and how much I burned and his response was "good, we can go to the mexican joint for dinner tonight!" Ha, Ha! We did NOT go to the mexican joint as tempting as it sounded, I had just worked my a$$ off to burn those calories, I was not about to eat them back right away! I am glad you did well with your choices, I probably would have caved to the smells. I did however make taco salad for me (tacos for the family) with ground turkey breast and all the fixins. It was delish.
Berry, that must have felt good to have everyone noticing your loss!
Amylou, you did great eating out! I was just thinking about goint to Logan's, I think it is easy to eat healthy there. Maybe next weekend when I need a break from cooking. That is nice you get to go out with the Grandparents every Sunday!
Aggie, You are doing so well! This is a great thread to help keep you on track!

I got my workout in and reached a new personal best for distance. I ran 8 miles today!!!!!!!!!! I can't even believe I did that. I can remember running up to 7 miles about 6 years ago when I was in much better shape, but for the life of me, I cannot ever remember running 8 miles, ever! I burned just about 1200 calories. Took 4 games of scrabble to get me through. Yes, I sometimes strap my ipad onto my treadmill and play scrabble with the computer. Exercise my brain at the same time as my body, and it really distracts me from what I am doing :lol. I know, I'm weird.
So I was thinking, say I am able to run 90 miles this month. I burn approximately 150 calories per mile. So in one month, I would burn 13,500 calories. Divide that by 3500 (one pound worth) and I am only able to lose 3.8# by my exercise alone. That sucks. Seriously, that is so depressing that I don't even know why I am pushing myself so much. It is definately true that weight loss is 80% diet! I mean, seriously, doesn't that depress the heck out of you guys? Wouldn't you think all that running would equal bigger results than that? So if I actually lost my 2# per week from my diet deficit and add that 8# to the 3.8 from running, I should be looking at a 11.8#month, but we all know that is not going to happen! Sigh, I wish it wasn't so difficult. And to think I could sit down at the mexican joint and eat back 3-4# so easily in about 1/2 hour! 1/2 hour and it takes me busting my butt for a whole month to burn that back off! Uhhggg!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #268  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

aggie2006 Hi and Welcome!

Total Approx 1435 +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (550 Calories)
Chicken Salad Wrap 400 Calories
Fruit cup 100 calories
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories

Dinner (520 Calories)
Spaghetti squash 100 calories
Chicken breast 120 calories
sugar snap peas 100 calories
Mushrooms 50 calories
LC cheese 50 calories
SO Delicious Banana Split Ice cream 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55EZ w/weighted gloves
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I have been missing. DH and I went to Lake Charles to celebrate our 13 year anniversary. We came home on Saturday night and I did get to the gym today to start making up for all of my excesses! Although my food was really not on plan tomorrow... it will be tomorrow.

Plan for Monday
BR: Protein Shake
LCH: Chicken Wrap with Wholly Guacomole and Yogurt
DINNER: Salad and grilled turkey patties.

Workout:
30 minute weights, 1 hour elliptical in afternoon.
45 minute treadmill in the PM.

I am skipping spin class in the morning. I have some errands and chores I need to get done.

I am feeling like my head is back on straight. Not sure why it was a rough week for me but I am looking forward to this week. I'll do better with personals and everything this week. I just want you all to know how valuable your support was to me this past week.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #270  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I hope you have a great week!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ml#post3851250
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote