Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Default Starting to realize that this will be a life long process

Hey ladies & gents.
After this past week, i really need to do some serious thinking. My eating has started to get out of control again. Happy, sad, bored, mad, stressed, you name it, i can come up with an excuse to eat because of it. I am getting SO close to goal and the last thing i want to do is sabotage myself.

I've always understood that this has to be a lifestyle change, but i think today it finally hit me that losing weight and keeping it off and resisting all the desires to eat is going to be a life long battle. There will never be a day when i am thin and can just eat whatever i want. Im always going to have to consciously make healthy choices and continually resist the things i want.

Its overwhelming really. And kinda scary. I don't want to spend every second of my life struggling with food; even more than that i don't want to spend the rest of my life unhappy with how i look. I guess what im looking for is a little motivation and maybe a little insight from you long-timers.

Is it always going to be this hard?
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #2  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

I am back to square one myself but I just wanted to say that you have done amazing! Look at how much you have lost! I am very inspired by you!

I struggle also with food and have my whole life, I am just not one of those ppl who can eat a bunch of junk and not gain a lb. I swear I can look at milkshakes and gain 10lbs! Thinking about it I am not sure I'd want to be "one of those ppl". Just because they don't gain weight doesn't mean they don't look horrible on the inside! I try and remember how horrible the food makes me food when I eat it and that helps me detour away from it.

Keep up the good work! You've done great!
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #3  

Just chiming in to say that I certainly can relate to everything you've said. The light bulb is going off over my head, too, about the reality of the situation being a life long struggle. I guess this might be, on a smaller scale, what a drug addict feels like. ??? I do miss the foods I binged on, but I just have to stay away. One or two little bites just leads to wanted more. Anyway, best of luck to you. You're doing great! Hang tough!
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #4  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I think of it as a life long awareness. Sure, I can't eat everything, all the time. But if I'm conscious of how much I'm eating most of the time, I'll be able to splurge some of the time now that I'm in maintenance.
reji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reji View Post
I think of it as a life long awareness. Sure, I can't eat everything, all the time. But if I'm conscious of how much I'm eating most of the time, I'll be able to splurge some of the time now that I'm in maintenance.
This is what I've been playing with too. I'm not quite at maintenance, but am in what I think will end up being my maintenance range (I'd still like to see that 133 on the scale though! ). This has been talked about before and I really do believe that people who can just eat whatever, are few and far between. Most people you see have some sort of plan going on, and I think mostly it looks like this...awareness 90% of the time and splurges once in a while.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Yea - it stinks. When you're young, active, and growing you can eat whatever you want but you're broke. Now you can buy heaps of candy and donuts but you can't eat it.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #7  

It will be a lifelong battle for me. I count my calories.
Just when I think I can just coast along and not document what I eat, I find out I will take in too many calories and gain a pound.
So I will just have to document everything every week.
What a bummer!
I did lose 1 pound this week, so I am hanging in there by documenting every morsel I eat.

And I read somewhere yesterday that peanuts and peanut butter will sabotage weight loss. It has something to do with iodine and the thyroid.
So I am going to cut out peanuts from my diet.
I am switching to 8 almonds/day. Almonds keep you from getting acid indigestion, so I hope they don't also sabotage the diet in some way.

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
And I read somewhere yesterday that peanuts and peanut butter will sabotage weight loss. It has something to do with iodine and the thyroid.
I eat peanut butter almost every day with oatmeal and I'm still losing. *shrugs* They're probably not the best nuts I could have but I like them.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #9  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

This is my 3rd time to be this size
Way more technical this time around--more devices for weight loss!
Why? You ask are you here for a 3rd time after living in maintenance
for a long time? For the very commie you already made!
I adopted a previous lifestyle and therein, I changed to look identical to it!
20 lbs--AGAIN--overweight!

It is daily. It is weekly. It is monthly. It is yearly. It is on holiday. It is at birthdays. Through happiness, sadness, getting mad, and getting even, yes! you will look like your diet lifestyle forever!

Have a
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #10  
Happy as a clam..........

S/C/G: 268/178/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Yea - it stinks. When you're young, active, and growing you can eat whatever you want but you're broke. Now you can buy heaps of candy and donuts but you can't eat it.
That is SO true..........lol
downsizer55 is offline   Reply With Quote