Anybody else lose weight this way?

• Over the past three/four weeks I've lost around 5-6 lbs. However... The loss isn't steady... At least... Not on the scale.

I begin to look thinner and fit into more clothes, but the scale stays on one number. Then, after about a week of that, I weigh, and I'm suddenly down two pounds. Its just... Weird. Anyone else like this? Not complaining... Just curious
  • Yep. It's called a WOOSH!! Enjoy and congrats!
  • Haha... It's annoying during the week.. Because it doesnt budge. Not down.., or even up. hehe... Yeah.
  • Yep! Same here.
  • My weightloss is far from linear. I bump up, stay the same, then lose three pounds overnight, over the course of however many days, regardless of what I do (so long as I stay in my calorie budget). I very rarely lose .2-.4 pounds daily, but it accumulates to that in fits and starts.
  • I whoosh, too. Often stay the same for 2-3 weeks, then lose 3-5 lbs in one shot. Weird, but getting used to it.
  • Quote: Over the past three/four weeks I've lost around 5-6 lbs. However... The loss isn't steady... At least... Not on the scale.

I begin to look thinner and fit into more clothes, but the scale stays on one number. Then, after about a week of that, I weigh, and I'm suddenly down two pounds. Its just... Weird. Anyone else like this? Not complaining... Just curious
    That has always been very common for me.
  • Oh wow, it's good to know I'm not just weird lol I thought maybe I was crazy XD
  • Same here! My scale won't budge by more than 0.2 for 6 or 7 days and then all of a sudden I'll be down 2 lbs. I figure it's just water retention or hormonal... either way I'm not complaining
  • Yup! That's standard for me!
  • Same here. When I am sure I will lose I usually don't , and when I am sure I will gain I usually lose. I don't stress about it,it is the bottom line that counts. How much did I lose this week or this month ? Fluctuations are perfectly normal.
  • Same here! For me the biggest stall is before TOM and the biggest whoosh is right after it's over.
  • You are not alone. I had been making small changes and I thought I looked better. It took so long for it to show up on the scale when it finally did I was relieved it is frustrating doing all the work and not knowing if it is "working" I tell my friends just keep it up and you WILL see results even if it takes a while
    I think it is because if you are exercising then you will build muscle which will make the scale remain the same even if you are losing fat
  • Happens to me too. I almost want to hide the scale anymore... the anxiety it can cause me is not worth it! Better to focus on doing what you know will make you lose weight.
  • I have found that I lose inches when the scale is stuck and seem to lose 0 inches when the scale is going down. I have yet to figure this out. LOL!