Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #1  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Default So I think I'm anemic...

So I've been cutting calories and exercising fairly regularly for a little over a month now, and I've noticed that my gums are incredibly pale. I'm also feeling a bit tired and sluggish, more so than usual. I'm worried that I might be anemic and/or have a B12 deficiency. My mother just had bloodwork done and is B12 deficient, and depending on if her body can absorb or process the vitamin then it might be hereditary. We'll have to wait another month or so before she gets the results of her bloodwork.

I'm just worried that my diet is what's causing this... I hate to say it but I really don't know what I should be eating. I thought I was making healthy choices, and I've lost a fair amount of weight in the last month. I just don't know what I should eat or how to cook it. I did recently start taking a multivitamin, though.

Any ideas? I'm definitely going to go see a doctor, but I'd like to hear what y'all have to say, and see if this has happened to anyone else.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/239/130

Height: 5'0"

I'm glad you already have plans to see a doctor

Until your appointment, I would suggest taking a multivitamin on a daily basis and re-evaluating your diet. Is the food just low calorie (like pre-packaged meals or 100-cal snacks only?) or is it low calorie AND nutritious (lots of veggies)?

Make sure the multivitamin you take will have enough B12 in it. If it doesn't, consider taking a separate B12 vitamin until things get figured out.

Good luck!
laueliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #3  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

I've been taking a multivitamin for about 5 days or so (since last thursday?) and I do try and include lots of veggies into my diet. It's not necessarily low calorie, just switching out things for healthier choices. So instead of white bread, I'm eating sprouted grain bread or rye bread. Instead of soda and juice I'm having seltzer or tea... that kind of stuff. A lot of times I feel really full all day, and satisfied in my eating, and then I count up my calories at the end of the day and realize that it's only around 1100 or so... which I know isn't good. I've been trying to up it a bit, but really make those calories worthwhile.

I really just want to feel better. I feel like crap.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/239/130

Height: 5'0"

It sounds like you're doing the best you can. It's good that you're taking a multivitamin and it may need a little while yet to work. If for some reason you had low B12 levels (although your diet sounds healthy), it will take a while for the B12 levels to get built back up. Try adding an additional B12 supplement along with your multivitamin. Aside from that, you might not feel better until after your doctor can evaluate you

Sorry I couldn't think of anything else. I hope you feel better soon!
laueliz is offline   Reply With Quote