Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 05:22 PM   #1  

Default I'm a newbie to the forum

Hi~
I'm new to this forum, and just wanted to say hi to everyone, and you all seem like a very supportive group. I'm glad, because support is exactly what I need. I'm very unhappy with my body and myself in general, and I really want to change, but have trouble finding the willpower to put words to action. I'm very determined to do something about it now, because I really don't want to spend the rest of my life in a permanent depression like this. I think the thing that jumpstarted me was that I started reading a book called She's Come Undone, in which the main character goes through all these tough times and has no friends, and nobody will talk to her or anything, mainly because she's fat. I felt like that was me, and I didn't want to be the fat girl anymore... it's not fair. I feel alone as the character in that book, and I don't want to be alone anymore. Anyone who can offer any kind of support to me or motivation, anything whatsoever, I would be eternally grateful.
Terminallyfat
Old 12-14-2002, 08:20 PM   #2  
Hardcore UFOs

Hi there, and welcome to the forums! I'd first like to tell you that you should change your screen name: Terminallyfat? What kind of hope can you have with a name like that? You've come here for support, which I can tell you is AWESOME here, and that is a great first step. You want to do something about it. You want to change your life and feel good about yourself! For that, I congratulate you because so many people never get that far.

Check out the member journals -- you can read about everyone's day to day struggles and triumphs and worries and success! I find it really inspiring when I am feeling less than strong. The forums are also full of wonderful challenges to get you jump-started on your weight loss.

I wish you good luck on your journey... feel free to get in touch if you'd like!
Old 12-14-2002, 11:52 PM   #3  
stbakd

Smile welcome

Hi ! start off slow. portion control and lots of water helps in losing. eat healthy snacks (veggies, fruit and popcorn) treat yourself with something you enjoy eating so you don't go keep us posted on how you are doing
glen
Old 12-15-2002, 12:22 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

I wanted to welcome you too. This is a great place to come to change your life for the better. I agree with chochi... the first and MOST important place to START is by changing your name.

A positive attitude is essential for success. There are always hard times during this weight loss journey... and a positive outlook will get you through them. How about "Ready 2 Change" ???
You said in your post you wanted to change. Let's start your recovery with changing that negative name you started with.

You CAN overcome this .... read the posts, change your user name, drink LOTS of water, cut back on carbs (sugar, flour, etc) and that will be a GREAT new beginning for you.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:42 PM   #5  
ebe
noob

hi sweetie
i read that book its pretty good
everyone else had some good suggestions.
definately don't be hard on yourself. i understand exactly what you mean about being the fat girl...thats how i always felt. ugh it sucks.
that book kind of depressed me actually. there is another book you might like its called Good in Bed its about a lady whose overweight and all that but its like much happier on the whole than shes come undone which i found rather depressing.

the most important thing to do is feel good about yourself and do things that make you feel that way. eating healthy of course drinking water and most importantly exercise. i personally don't even weight myself i just go by how my clothes fit and how i feel.
i like feeling strong and fit and that is my only goal really, a healthy body....and a loving happy relationship with it! lol

keep posting here and just take it slow and steady
Old 12-26-2002, 04:13 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Default Re: I'm a newbie to the forum

Quote:
Originally posted by terminallyfat
mainly because she's fat.
That's not why. You should read the book a few more times. It has a lot to do w/her attitude, too. She had a real "F you" attitude towards people, after what happened to her when she was 13. Also, her mother could've gotten her help long before the breakdown @ the beach.

Good In Bed is an excellent book. EXCELLENT!!! I recommended it to a guy who wants to date me. Let's see if he'll read it.

I would say admitting you want to change is the first step to actually doing it. Remember, make changes slowly so they become second nature. It's all about the baby steps. Good luck!!
Closed Thread