Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-31-2011, 04:03 AM   #16  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

keep in mind- this is a journey, and there will be bumps in the road. we'll be unsure of ourselves, think we made bad decisions, get off track when we weren't planning on it... you had a treat. thats ok. just get back on track tomorrow. don't let it snowball
i allow myself a treat meal once a week/every two weeks.

tomorrow is a new day, and get right back on that program!

Last edited by fillupthesky; 01-31-2011 at 04:05 AM.
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

If you want to be successful at weight loss then you're going to have to learn to pick yourself up after a slip!!!!

It sounds a little like you're trying to sabotage yourself. You say you believe in a treat day but also say you don't think you can get back on track.... are you scared of succeeding?

Come back today and let us know how you did! You can absolutely do this!!

BTW, I've heard it before here, but I do love that tire slash analogy!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #18  

I like to try and remember this. Eating the old things you loved so much that got you to the point you started wanting to lose weight isn't a bad thing. Your body likes those things, it craves them in fact.

If you start to feel like you can never reward yourself with those things now and again when you work so hard, (And pack on enough muscle that it will burn away anyway) Then what is the point of becoming healthy and losing weight?

How many times have you seen a thin person eating pizza, or a rich dessert? How many times have you seen thin people pounding beer and eating deep fried chicken tenders? Do they just have a much faster metabolism? Or is it maybe, just maybe, our bodies are able to handle things like that now and again.

My overall goal is to lose weight, and be healthy. While eating permanently healthy is in fact possible, it's also very hard, and on top of that, not entirely necessary.

That said, I probably won't be eating an extra large pizza by myself ever again. But I think those two or three slices probably aren't enough calories to pack on 20 pounds, or even 1.

Keep it up, you'll do great.
Ultreos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:16 PM   #19  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Don't give up -- stick with it!! I think it's ok to have a treat every once in a while and you shouldn't feel so guilty. Today is a new day.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #20  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

I actually plan a small blizzard (mine is 520 calories) into my calorie counting plan about once a month in summer and every 2-3 months over the winter (we skip it if it's too cold though). Be careful of their chart and read the column headings - it's a little confusing. The day I fit it in, I have to eat way low the rest of the day to make it work, but a planned treat every once in awhile helps my kids learn that ice cream is a "sometimes" food. And I don't have binge issues, so it doesn't trigger me to binge.
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote