Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #16  

When I weighed 125 pounds I wore a size 8-10.
As soon as I get back to that weight, I am going to dig out all my vintage clothes and wear them again!

Twas The Diet After New Years

Twas the day after New Years, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared...

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese...
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt---

I said to myself, as I only can:
"You can't spend the winter disguised as a man!"
So--away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip!

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished!
"Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie--not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie!
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore---
But isn't that what January's for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a Good Diet!
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:27 AM   #17  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I am top heavy.

I have to wear size 12/14 pants, because I have a big gut. I gain most of my weight on my belly and chest. Size 10 pants would look great on my legs, butt and hips, but because of my belly being almost as big as my hips, I have to wear size 12, sometimes even 14. If I put size 10 I look that I am squeezing into something that does not fit, and looks just nasty It is sad because I do have very shapely and thin legs... So I wear a lot of flowing tops with leggings and high boots, and I look "smaller".

I am kinda giving up on jeans for now, because I think they make me look like a barrel....lol
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #18  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm probably one of those people whose size on paper makes you a bit crazy. All my pants are size 8. My fat places are my calves, upper arms, and boobs (34GG). But the parts of the pants that determines the size are comparitively slim. I suspect I am small boned, my ring size is 4.5.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

This is so interesting to me. I think it is b/c the weight is all in my butt and boobs... but all my sizing is always higher then other people. At my highest I was 264 and in size 28. Now I am weighing exactly 200 and I am in size 18. Don't get me wrong I am very happy with my progress. But it seems that other people who have weighed the same are in smaller sizes. My waist is very small. The last pair of jeans I bought I ended up getting tailored so they would fit. For the butt to fit I had to get the waist taken in 3 inches.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by niafabo View Post
Oh I found this survey on calorie count that could be helpful for those who wonder what weight usually equals what size. Not sure how many people answered completely honest but http://caloriecount.about.com/stats-...t-size-ft13819

Looks like the average 14 is 160-175 which is shocking to me since that's what I wear and I'm 208. o.o

Going through the articles and looking at all the results the average weight of a size 8 before taking height into account (which suprisingly doesn't affect the numbers very much in this survey) appears to be 125-140.

See, this destroys me!! Here I sit 2 inches taller than you, around the same weight, and solidly in a 16. . . My butt/legs would love a 14 but my belly says no go. Blasted apple shapes.
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodforme View Post
See, this destroys me!! Here I sit 2 inches taller than you, around the same weight, and solidly in a 16. . . My butt/legs would love a 14 but my belly says no go. Blasted apple shapes.
If it makes you feel better I apparently have a pear shape. I had D breasts and now they are Bs by the time I get to goal they are going to be nonexistant. D:
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #22  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmead View Post
When dealing with people in real life, there's also the possibility that people lie--to themselves, if nothing else. I've done it: it's possible to work your head around to the place where yes, the only pants you technically can wear are your "fat pants" that are size X, but since you have a whole closet full of size X-2, and you are going to get back to that weight ANY DAY NOW, so you are still "really" that size on some level. You're just having a fat day/month/year.

This is why every woman secretly thinks she "carries her weight well". Three identical women--Alice, Betty, and Carol--are sitting around talking about their weight. Say they all weigh 180. Alice says she weighs 170. She isn't lying, exactly, she'd just pretty sure she was retaining water the last time she weighed and the 5 lbs from Christmas don't "count" because she's going to lose them, so 180-5 lbs water - 5 lbs Christmas = 170 "real". Everyone politely acts shocked: "I would never have guessed you weighed more than 150". Alice figures that she carries her weight well. Betty says "165" without even thinking, because she has no idea what she weighs and doesn't want to "sound fat" after Alice. When everyone nods, like that makes senses, she figures it must be right. When she weighs later and sees 180, she figures she must carry her weight really well. Carol weighed recently and knows she weighs 180, but she is sitting there feeling like a cow compared to the other two. However, she knows dang well she looks like the other two, so she figures she "carries her weight well".
Shmead, this is brilliant.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
If it makes you feel better I apparently have a pear shape. I had D breasts and now they are Bs by the time I get to goal they are going to be nonexistant. D:

At least they'll be proportionate. I forgot the most important part of my post, which is a HUGE congratulations to you! You've done wonderfully, and pass me those 14's when you can't fit in them anymore!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #24  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Shmead, that post is BRILLIANT. I was a solid 10 for a while there (even a 12 sometimes) and I was totally convinced that "I am a size 8." No one likes to give up the dream.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 210/202.2/150

Height: 5'2''

@ Shmead, haha too true!

Quote:
Oh I found this survey on calorie count that could be helpful for those who wonder what weight usually equals what size. Not sure how many people answered completely honest but (link)

Looks like the average 14 is 160-175 which is shocking to me since that's what I wear and I'm 208. o.o

Going through the articles and looking at all the results the average weight of a size 8 before taking height into account (which suprisingly doesn't affect the numbers very much in this survey) appears to be 125-140.
Wow those are some interesting results.

As to your size I am jealous too! I am practically back into the 190's and I still wear a size 18, but I suppose (unlike the data might suggest) it is because I am so short.

And let me tell you it is not easy finding petite (as in short) pants that fit my waist. I visually imagine that the circumference of the pants is probably bigger than the length of the legs

well, like someone in this thread said, we deal with the cards we are dealt ^^
Renaissance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissance View Post
@ Shmead, haha too true!

Wow those are some interesting results.

As to your size I am jealous too! I am practically back into the 190's and I still wear a size 18, but I suppose (unlike the data might suggest) it is because I am so short.

And let me tell you it is not easy finding petite (as in short) pants that fit my waist. I visually imagine that the circumference of the pants is probably bigger than the length of the legs

well, like someone in this thread said, we deal with the cards we are dealt ^^
petite sizes run quite a bit smaller you are not imagining things. i held them up next to a 14A and i was like :O it's not worth trying.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodforme View Post
At least they'll be proportionate. I forgot the most important part of my post, which is a HUGE congratulations to you! You've done wonderfully, and pass me those 14's when you can't fit in them anymore!
lol! thanks. i'm sure you'll fit in them in no time.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #28  
Headed to Skinnyville!!!!

S/C/G: started 170/ now 148/ G-130

Height: 5'8

Smile Yes I know exactly what u mean

I know how you feel. I am 5'8 and i weigh 155 and cant seem to get out of a ten even after losing a previous 15 pounds. I am stuck in size 10. I am very curvy with large boobs, smaller waist and I have big hips, I think those of us with big hips, wear larger sizes, my sister is shorter and more round shaped and she wears a size 4-6. I am always told I look like a size 6. But in pants and skirts its 10. TOTALLY DEPENDS ON THE PERSON THEIR BODY BUILD....SHORT, TALL, HIPPY OR ROUND AND THEIR HEIGHT.
missbrowneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #29  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissance View Post
Oh, for real!!!! My legs are SUPER short. I started in a size 18/20, now wear 6-8 depending on brand, and the sad news is that this is still basically true. My inseam is 27 inches and I would have to wear a negative size to find pants that didn't need to be hemmed.

The only thing I can do is laugh.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #30  
Headed to Skinnyville!!!!

S/C/G: started 170/ now 148/ G-130

Height: 5'8

Wink size on tag

Like Stacy says on (what not to wear)..........the size on the tag does not matter like the fit does!
missbrowneyes is offline   Reply With Quote