Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #1  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Staying on the path...

Another thread brought up some interesting imagery for me, so I thought I'd share.

I decided to make this weight loss journey. I picked a path, and I've been walking it. Pretty smooth sailing most of the time. Every now and then a tree root or a rock with pop up that I can avoid pretty easily, but I'm cruising right along.

Sometimes, I get the urge to get adventurous and step off that path right into the woods to look around and see what I can get into (Christmas splurges). Oh the delights and excitement you can find off the path! And who wants to live life JUST on the path ALL the time anyway? BUT, the further from the path I stray, the harder it is to find that dang path again. If I just wander a bit with the path in mind, not too much trouble to find it again. If I decide to really go whole hog and lose sight of the path alltogether, it will most likely result in a very long, frustrating, cussing and hollering, backtracking, spending a lot of time going in circles kind of trip back to the path. Sometimes I might even be tempted to say screw the path, I'll just stay lost in the woods forever, then!

I know I won't do that, because deep, deep, deep down I know I will never be content to live my life overweight and unhealthy. So I'm just going to have to decide on a case by case basis what is worth checking out off the path, and how much time and energy I'm willing to spend flapping in the breeze trying to find that path again!

I have no idea if this will make sense to anyone but me, but I kinda like the analogy and thought I'd share.

Last edited by shannonmb; 01-06-2011 at 08:27 AM.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

That works well for me. I was on the path for a good long time. Lost over 120 pounds. I strayed a little. Then a little more. After a few years, got lost in the weeds and gained back 50 pounds of what I lost.

I feel like I had to beat my way back to the path, but I see it now!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #3  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

Oh wow I love that imagery! So true as well. Like it is ok to step alittle off the path but yes the farther you get from it the harder it is to find it again.

Thanks for sharing that.
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote