Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #1  

Default Caved in and boarded the scale....ugh!

So I wasn't going to weigh-in every single day, because seeing the numbers on the scal are making or breaking my day...and I was saying in another post, I start over restricting my intake if I dont see the numbers going down daily, which I know is silly, because body weight can fluctuate so much.

So I lasted 3 days, and weighed in this morning....and I'm exactly the same weight as 3 days ago. I'm just venting b/c I'm annoyed that I weighed in, and annoyed that the numbers didnt go down. I must confess I have not been exercising. So, I am going to start today, exercising. I'm going to do the treadmill after the kids go to bed. Not my favorite time to work out. I'm sooooo a morning exerciser, but I don't have the kind of like right now to be picky.

No real point to this post other than I wanted to confess to someone that I caved and weighed in.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

If you're going to weigh every three days, you might as well as weigh daily. Because what you didn't see was that you were 1/2 pound down yesterday but had just a bit more salt for dinner so the scale blibbed up a touch today. You can only see that if you're on the scale every day. If you choose weekly weigh ins, that's fine too, but you'll need to pull out a chart and plot your progress because once again, you will not see the lower dips throughout the week, you will only see that in a week's time you've lost nothing. You will want to look at the downward trend that can take as a much as a MONTH to see. Yes, a full month! So maybe you want to weigh only once a month.

Whatever you choose, chart it, and know that weight loss is not linear. Many of us lose a couple weeks out of the month and stall the rest. Me? I lose as much as 4 pounds in one week and ZIP the rest of the month.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #3  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I personally think that if you stick to weighing in daily that the "bad day" phenomena after seeing some fluctuation will go away. If it is hard to stay off the scale for a week, I'd just bite the bullet and commit to daily weighing for 1 week. Psyche yourself up for seeing some fluctuation by convincing yourself that it is NOT an indication of stalled progress or actual fat gain.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/195/130

Height: 5'

Isn't it funny how those little numbers on the scale can make or break our day? I struggle with not weighing myself daily as well -- the scale usually wins. I finally realized that I needed to move the scale out of my bathroom, lol! A friend of mine put hers in the trunk of her car so she wouldn't be "tempted" -- not a bad idea! Here's hoping we both win the battle against the scale! I know we can do it!
AmberLain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #5  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Hang in there! I am trying the same thing. I have been weighing each day, and trying to get an understanding of my body and its fluctuations. It is difficult not to get emotional about it. However, I believe the others when they say the bad feelings will go away. I am banking on it, actually. I am hoping that soon, the number will just be a number like it should, and not a judgement on my self-worth.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #6  
pleasantly plump from '82

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'9

Sending *BIG Hugs* your way.
sal27253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

hugs ahoy. I weigh daily and I have to say that the "sh!t, today is over" feeling goes away with time and you can predict when you'll be up or down based on what you eat that day.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #8  
300+ Chick

Staying the same is not bad at all...Hang in there and the scale goddess will be kind to you!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

I like the daily weigh. I've made the decision to do it, and now, after about 3 weeks, I'm not afraid anymore. Like this morning. I noticed my fingers looked like sausages about to split their casings, and my watch had made a deep imprint on my wrist. I could see the delicious, but salty, franks and beans from last night left their mark. I jumped on the scale and Bam!, 3 pounds overnight. But that's ok. Just another blip on the radar.
4xcharm is offline   Reply With Quote