Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

I agree with the fear of the goal. As long as I'm losing and have more to lose I feel safe. I once lost 120 LBS after a gastric bypass and gained most of it back over the years. It feels like I was at 138 for a couple of minutes. Not even long enough to take pictures LOL. I've also lost 45-50 LBS a couple of times and even got to goal once then too but didn't maintain. Losing I can do but maintaining is scary as I've never been successful. Whoah!!! what an admission.

Last edited by kittycarlson; 12-14-2010 at 07:37 PM.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #17  

YESS! I totally know the feeling, or if I feel like I overate or I didn't exercise sometimes I think OMG what if it all comes back?

I think it also comes from the fact that as I gained weight, I didn't realize. I know that I didn't wake up with all this extra weight, but while I was packing it on, I didn't notice it consciously. So now I almost feel hyper-vigilant like I don't want that to occur again where I sort of "lose focus" and the weight all comes back in what seems like overnight.
EmpressB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Before I even open my eyes in the morning, I feel for my hip bones. Make sure they're still there.
4xcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #19  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

For a while, yes.

The first thing I'd do in the morning was sling my legs over the side of the bed & look at them, to see if they still looked relatively thin, and that I hadn't blown up like the Michelin Tire man overnight.

Now I take them a little bit more for granted, at least until I'm in front of a mirror.

It took about a year, maybe, before that happened.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #20  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

That's not neurotic at all! Or if it is, a lot of people are neurotic, myself included.

I do something very similar. I still don't believe I've actually shrunk at all. The scale is wonky - that's why the number is down about 60 lbs from my high weight. I'm bad at measuring myself - that's why my measurements looks smaller. My clothes stretch out - that's why my starting size 17 jeans fall straight off and why I have to keep getting smaller sizes. Vanity sizing - that's why the "smaller" sizes aren't smaller (they're all the same, you see, just the tags are different).

I have all sorts of excuses as to why my progress isn't really progress. But the farther I get, the less I believe those excuses. It makes me a little paranoid though, haha.

I also still fear that my weight loss will stall and refuse to continue, and then the weight will creep back on while I am powerless to stop it. It's one of my major nightmares. I also fear slipping into old habits.

So, I weight daily whether I'll get a good # or not, and honest with myself even when I mess up (so then I can get back on plan), and try not to stress scale # too much to myself.

I don't know if it gets better, but I do know I won't let it derail me mentally or physically. At least not for long!
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:03 AM   #21  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I had my first binge eating nightmare earlier this week.

I'm much more afraid of totally losing steam and gradually reverting to mindless eating/justifying everything to myself. "Oh, I've gained 5 lbs but my pants still fit so this is fine," etc.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:14 PM   #22  

niceeee
Billie Heidenreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:22 AM   #23  

I am afraid I am going to wake up one day and lose all the motivation to keep going.
please tell me it eventually goes away
Esso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:30 AM   #24  

I'm less worried about waking up and finding all the pounds have come back
I've learned now not to avoid the scale... when I do, I'm not accountable and it's super hard to summon up the courage to step on it again
Esso is offline   Reply With Quote