Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Not losing weight anymore

I just came across this site today, and it seemed like a good site to join, while I continue my weight loss journey.
I decided it was time to start losing weight last year when my clothes started fitting tighter and I reached my highest weight of 211 lbs. I slacked off around the holidays and once January came around I decided I needed to really focus. I've been working out since then and I lost 20 some pounds, but since around July or August I've been stuck in the 190's, and I can't seem to get lower than that. I've read about how you need to change up your workouts so you don't get stuck, and I've been trying to do that for the last few months. I just started Insanity a few weeks ago, I'm going to be starting week 4 tomorrow. I eat fairly well, though I do enjoy my sweets from time to time. I also noticed since last week I went from weighing somewhere between 191-193 to being at 198 when I weighed myself this morning. It really gets me down sometimes when I keep working trying to lose weight and I just can't seem to lose anymore so I thought I would come here to see if anyone else has gone through anything similar, and if anyone has any advice on getting over a weight loss rut. Thanks
JamieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #2  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3FC! I'm sure you'll get lots of great advice from the awesome members here. =)

Do you know how many calories you consume each day? It's not hard to eat "fairly well" but still get way more calories than you think. Exercise is important for weight loss, but food intake (calories in vs. out) is still the key.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Welcome Jamie Lee! I'd like to echo what TheBunneh said....those calories really add up and as you lose weight, you need less and less of them so it's harder to create a calorie deficit. If you don't count calories, perhaps you could start writing down every single food that enters your mouth for a typical day (without doing anything different from what you normally do) and post it on the Calorie Counters forum here and we can help you figure out how many calories you consume.

I'm sure you'll figure it out because there's tons of wonderful support to be found here!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks.

I've been using an online food journal, and calorie counter. There are days where I'll forget to get on and put my meals in but I try to remember to get on every day.
JamieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLee View Post
Thanks.

I've been using an online food journal, and calorie counter. There are days where I'll forget to get on and put my meals in but I try to remember to get on every day.
If it's consistent, steady results that you're after, you'll have to be steady and consistent with counting each and every morsel that goes in your mouth.

The body keeps an accurate journal whether or not you do. You can't fool or trick your body. You can't sneak it in there, you can't get away with it.

You mentioned that you enjoy your sweets from time to time, well that can definitely stall ones weight loss and tack on pounds. You have to decide which it is you'd enjoy MORE - the sweets or the weight loss. Because you can not have it both ways, it just can't be.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote